Home Stylings - 50 land impact challenge :D

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

NOW THERE ARE PRIZES!!!!!!

So I was doing a blog post on the new Trompe Loiel home at FaMESHed and decided it would be a good challenge "for me".  Gotta keep busy and hone those skills. So that is in a blog post coming up tomorrow.  The end result is that EVERYONE that takes part in the challenge and posts their photos here or links to their blog on my blog will get ONE free item from ChiC buildings. I think my most expensive item is like $1250 or so.  I don't have gift card or vendors so this is just an EASY way for me to "reward" folks for their efforts. 

Everyone already in this thread doesn't need to do a thing. I will take down names off the thread (this of course if your name is the same here and inworld as most are).   So feel free to come shop any time. Just send me a notecard of the item that you want and I will send it on. Link in my post footer. 

This challenge lasts until November 15th at midnight. 

ONLY ONE ENTRY PER AVATAR.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!  I've got a busy schedule for a few months...I'll be there ASAP! 

• Haha 1

Here is a spoiler for the new little house that I did last night (two hours - Marianne would be proud).  This reminded me of the Hot Shot contests of LONG LONG ago. Some of you might be old enough to remember those.  

1869398346_challenge1.thumb.jpg.7cceac915de470011ceed21f931a3138.jpgBy the way, I use LOD 2 so anything you see in my posts doesn't need that "turn up your LOD" bit :D.  Well if you are at ONE then that's not good but doubt those folks decorate houses too much. If someone does we REALLY want to see what you can do!!!!

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2020 at 4:42 AM, Marianne Little said:

You don't count the building and platform, since the build is included in the skyboxes that started this challenge... More to decorate for! Congratulations on all the 1 Li furniture. You and me, we are 1 Li hunters. ;)

Sometimes you can squeeze out a bit more LI if you link the non-scripted items together if they happen to have less than 1 LI. :D

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

HEADS UP!  More skyboxes are available. These more modern in feel and generally easier to style LOL -- for some of us anyway.

39769120_newskybox.thumb.jpg.cffecb61b12b0289979b7f32902a9b7b.jpg

So, I want to try one of those, but I can't do it. No altgrabbing as in Bellisseria. Can you post what brand this skybox is? I could buy it for myself.

New in the first skybox, that I soon start to call the old one.

Since I can't use spoilers, and have too few free images on Flickr, forgive me for this mammoth list. I have to post it so you can sum it up?

Laq Decor Christmas tree 3 li

Chimia 2 Mairais sofas, 1 Marais table, total 7 li

Apple fall 2 decor cushions linked, total 1 li

Dust Bunny White rose pitcher 1 li

Fancy Decor fireplace 1 li

FD leaning mirror, leaning art, twig tree (silver) and Dust bunny apothecary counter

-  total 5 li

FD Tartt mirror linked with Floorplan french plates, total 1 li

FD 2 «french landscape» linked, total 1 li

FD Blythe dome 2 li

Vespertine oversized marantha 1 li

Apple Fall Happy Santa x 2 total 2 li

Malone Tana rug linked with Kraftwork Dulce rug, totalt 1 li

(The Kraftwork rug is 5 li, but I linked off the tassles, and what’s left is 0,5 li)

FD Minimal concrete table 1 li

Dekute Dekore Christmas paper village 3 li

Hive/lighted holiday wreath (wall) and garland  (fireplace) total 2 li

DDD Green garland in window 1 li

The Black Forest. 3 twinkle curtains, total 3 li

Malone divider 1 li

DDD Meridienne chaise 2 li

Meili Imako bed 1 li (I added specular to the metal)

Harcourt two frames, FD frame, DDD gift table and Malone rug linked with a hollow prim textured for walls: total 3 li

(Prim must be set to Conwex hull and phantom)(Images in frames uploaded by me)

OT victorian oil lamp 1 li (I added specular)

Primpossible gold chandelier 1 li

Apple Fall book shelf 1 li

Dust Bunny folding fur chair linked with Apple Fall cushion total 2 li

Dust Bunny Gracie living room lamp (edited to projected light) 1 li

Should be 49

bluexmas_001.jpg

bluexmas_002.jpg

bluexmas_004.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 10

I wrote up what I had in my first post, I was madly lucky with linking. I even put in a snow lantern next to the snowman, and still, only 45 Li. I let it stay up a bit.

I decided to remove the link. Because I will let this skybox go, and the new happy person to take it, does not need to have people teleporting in.

Dekute Dekore 1 sofa, 1 chair, Christmas tree and toy train, total 4 li

Huge linked set of sofatable, sidetable (with decor) from Dekute Dekore, DDD Li’l holiday picture tree, EW - Promo - Christmas Painting 1+2, DDD Cozy stag console, tulips and pot on table, Dekute Dekore fireplace with decor, What Next Christmas wall collage and DDD snowman (outside) total 8 li

Second linked set of 3 no copy rugs from Montagne Noire Clothiers & Furnishings, a no copy wall decal from Purdink wall art, a full permission Aurora bedroom dresser from Gruwcreation and my own mesh poster. This is total 3 li.

Jian saxton dresser linked with a Khargo christmas wall tattoo, 2 li

Laq decor bed, 6 li

Jian saxton bedstands, 2 stk, 2 li

DDD Cozy kitchen and stove, total 4 li

DDD Bulb beam lamp, 1 li

Bazar Florenze dining set, table, 2 chairs, two candlesticks, total 5 li

Goose xmas rocking chair 2 li

What Next, 2 winter harvest lanterns, total 2 li

Soy mini iglo lantern, 2 li

DDD Baubly garland x 3 total 3 li

Jian holiday decor, wreath, 1 li

Total 45 li

Edited by Marianne Little
Typo/removed link

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

So, I want to try one of those, but I can't do it. No altgrabbing as in Bellisseria. Can you post what brand this skybox is? I could buy it for myself.

I didn't get one either since I have a week plus left on my skybox.   Type in 24 in area search when you are up in your box (or maybe down on the ground now? ) and it should get you to the area.  I cammed inside  to get that photo :D.   Not there any longer. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

New in the first skybox, that I soon start to call the old one.

Since I can't use spoilers, and have too few free images on Flickr, forgive me for this mammoth list. I have to post it so you can sum it up?

Laq Decor Christmas tree 3 li

Chimia 2 Mairais sofas, 1 Marais table, total 7 li

Apple fall 2 decor cushions linked, total 1 li

Dust Bunny White rose pitcher 1 li

Fancy Decor fireplace 1 li

FD leaning mirror, leaning art, twig tree (silver) and Dust bunny apothecary counter

-  total 5 li

FD Tartt mirror linked with Floorplan french plates, total 1 li

FD 2 «french landscape» linked, total 1 li

FD Blythe dome 2 li

Vespertine oversized marantha 1 li

Apple Fall Happy Santa x 2 total 2 li

Malone Tana rug linked with Kraftwork Dulce rug, totalt 1 li

(The Kraftwork rug is 5 li, but I linked off the tassles, and what’s left is 0,5 li)

FD Minimal concrete table 1 li

Dekute Dekore Christmas paper village 3 li

Hive/lighted holiday wreath (wall) and garland  (fireplace) total 2 li

DDD Green garland in window 1 li

The Black Forest. 3 twinkle curtains, total 3 li

Malone divider 1 li

DDD Meridienne chaise 2 li

Meili Imako bed 1 li (I added specular to the metal)

Harcourt two frames, FD frame, DDD gift table and Malone rug linked with a hollow prim textured for walls: total 3 li

(Prim must be set to Conwex hull and phantom)(Images in frames uploaded by me)

OT victorian oil lamp 1 li (I added specular)

Primpossible gold chandelier 1 li

Apple Fall book shelf 1 li

Dust Bunny folding fur chair linked with Apple Fall cushion total 2 li

Dust Bunny Gracie living room lamp (edited to projected light) 1 li

Should be 49

bluexmas_001.jpg

bluexmas_002.jpg

bluexmas_004.jpg

That's a totally impressive job!!!!

I haven't had many "linkable" things in any of the three I have done. I guess I favor designers (some I blog for some not) who get the LI up to 1.4 LOL   so THAT'S not helpful.  I do that too most often so not a complaint. I really don't LIKE linking as it can get messy.       Definitely homey and comfortable looking.   I think the new skyboxes are more "me. But I learned a lot.    This new Trompe Loeil house I did was so easy for me LOL.   With another fifty li it could look outstanding.  More pictures in a couple of days. I have the blog post done but don't want to put it up so soon after the challenge announcement.  

I bet Snow Globe hasn't been this busy in the past LOL.  It is a lovely spot. I plan to take some December photos down on the ground. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That's a totally impressive job!!!!

I haven't had many "linkable" things in any of the three I have done. I guess I favor designers (some I blog for some not) who get the LI up to 1.4 LOL   so THAT'S not helpful.  I do that too most often so not a complaint. I really don't LIKE linking as it can get messy.       Definitely homey and comfortable looking.   I think the new skyboxes are more "me. But I learned a lot.    This new Trompe Loeil house I did was so easy for me LOL.   With another fifty li it could look outstanding.  More pictures in a couple of days. I have the blog post done but don't want to put it up so soon after the challenge announcement.  

I bet Snow Globe hasn't been this busy in the past LOL.  It is a lovely spot. I plan to take some December photos down on the ground. 

The challenge with linking, is to find your best buddies. Those items that are Li 0.1 or 0.2. Partner them up with the 1.3 Li objects, and maybe the 1.4 objects can be resized a tiny fraction down to 1.3?

It is almost a "waste" to link two 0.1 objects with each other. I say almost, because we often don't have time to inspect every object we rez. But for such a small place and 50 Li, it is okay.

Surprisingly often the linked object are registered as 1 even when it is 1.5.

This also counts for higher Li objects that can "swallow" a 0.1 - 0.2 Li object and stay the original count.

This clothing rack is a perfect example. It is 5.1 Li when rezzed. After I link all the 4 posters to it, it is 5.4 Li and still 5 Li. If I had rezzed out a clothing rack and the 4 posters as individual items, it would be a Li of 9. Linking the 4 posters together would  let them count as 2 Li.

That is better. But linking them to the clothes rack magick the Li count for all the posters away.

Objects that don't play nice is those who has a linked shadow to them, so the server weight is 1 instead of 0.5. This is annoying bc at least half my decor has a shadow that's a part of the object and can't be removed. Some objects with shadows, some without.

Snapshot_ed001.jpg

I can't list what I used yet, it is a linking nightmare. I can use this as an illustration why I often have issues with textures not loading properly. I link so much that I get almost the double of textures around me as others have.

I did not bother to buy the Onsu skybox. I took out a freebie from Apple Fall instead. It is annoying because the baked highlights. I can not use shadows with it. And placing objects in the fake lights from windows looked just weird. But I soldier on.

Snapshot_014.jpg

Snapshot_012.jpg

Snapshot_010.jpg

Snapshot_009.jpg

• Like 9

On 11/2/2020 at 7:26 AM, Chic Aeon said:

So here is my house in Seaclaid.  I have two land impact left which I may use as a bench out back and or more bushes. Undecided at the moment.   Grass and bushes are mine. 

350696839_seaclaidcottagelow.thumb.jpg.d2d7a8994a9343780df9ec82292b2ee3.jpg

Maybe a tree. A tree would be good or another big bush (1li each group these are)  :D.   Maybe some stepping stones on the entryway. 

The thing about styling for role play is that while there are so very many pretty things, they are mostly also very primmy ^^. I used several primmy items to portray details of the person living there and balanced that with low li "clutter".

2131956513_cottageinterior2.thumb.jpg.879009430255086e8a822c81f0fb8a98.jpg

The cabinet in the back WITH all the items is an amazing 1 land impact.  Pretty sure it is from Never Totally Dead (not logged in at the moment). But a super inventory find. 

104384705_cottageinterior.thumb.jpg.e17cf8420bd224b0e9dd525cd13774c4.jpg

The Trompe Loeil loveseat (scaled down just a tad) is 6 li and the highest li in the house. 

But some of these beautifully detailed RP items are almost as much as the couch.  The could b less if the items would have been JOINED in the 3D program.  Not sure really why folks don't do that.   And I see that my book has sunk into the table.  Something to fix later in the day.  

So that's my styling for the cottage.    

I couldn't find that cabinet on the MP. Are you sure it is Never Totally Dead?

That linking thing can certainly be problematic and I don't do it often because of that. You can't like no mod items of course and things that are made in parts rather than a single mesh item (the builder in me cringes at a lot of those as the land impact is sometimes ridiculous) can get very difficult if you want to move something later on or even FIND something in a back up LOL. 

These days I almost always have lots of "prims" and even when renting I seldom use all that come with the rental.  So again and for me -- this is great practice.   I'll post my Trompe Loeil photos tomorrow and put in a link for folks that want to come inspect.   Many kutos to Marianne for listing all her items. I am simply to lazy.  I will be watching for one of the new Snow Globe skyboxes to come up for rent. I have a week or so left on my current skybox.   

You guys keep on working hard. Great to see all the creativity. 

PS.  I decided to remake the mesh on my picture frames -- which were in two pieces for the "removable" shadow and make them a single piece so I could link them. That saved me two LI on the Trompe Loeil house styling. I uploaded a new single book cluster and linked that to one painting and then linked two other paintings together. 

Currently making a much need long lightbar for over the couch.   So thanks for the nudge :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

So, I'm happy to take part in a decoration thread because I love decorating, and I'm happy to have Chic advertise her furniture and this other person advertise what look like very nice skybox rentals (although I personally charge less per prim and allow for a lot more prims).

I decided to see if I could get under the 50 prims with a very elaborate and primmy gatcha from Gimme Gatcha this round from "Why Not?" -- a maker not always to my taste but I thought if I play this gatcha, I will get a Christmas cabin and some stuff for probably just $1000 (you need to play 20 rounds to get the "Seeds of Inspiration", which in this case is a set of nice chairs).

It is a very elaborate gatcha with many pieces that would put you in the hundreds of prims because the items are primmy -- and it's a house that has a major physics problem so that you can't even enter it (although oddly enough it allows rezzing mesh). I looked all over to see if it was a previous building or trees blocking entrance but no. I sat inside of it and it is still blocky, so I wrote to the author, but meanwhile, let's see what we can do.

UPDATE: The creator Phil Setner got back to me within an hour of filing a ticket with him and sent me a copy of the rare gatcha house on phantom, which is one way to fix this physics problem (I just add prim walls) - I guess it wasn't quite fixable otherwise. As he pointed out, it's a height issue that taller avatars (like me, and he noted, himself, can't get through but shorter can. I guess he didn't feel comfortable putting the house on mod (where more could be done to fix it, i.e. just delinking part of it and phantomizing) but I'm happy now I can enter it, as can tenants. And what's more, he fixed the chair issue -- it is meant to stay plaid. So this is all in all workable now. I just need to get one more table to fit the desserts.

So I went to my winter rentals in Orelle where there is already snow so I don't have to use his snow base (17 prims! although very nice and helps align the house). The house itself is 95, which I can't afford to put out, really, in an area where I have "management prims don't count" -- but "why not," if he a) fixes the physics issue so many suffer from (he did(and which Chic has expounded on often) b) fixes myriad other problems, from the stuff not fitting on the tables (needs a different table in the setto the chairs not being able to return to their original plaid texture (he did) because he forget to put in that option in the tex change. So if you want to keep the nice plaid, don't click! If these items were on mod, I'd fix them in a jiffy, including the no-entry issue (put the door jams on phantom, that usually works). Any how...

Here's what it looks like with just 50 prims. A lonely Christmas, as I have to put only one chair at the fire place and one at the dining table, and sadly can't put out the very beautiful centerpiece for the dining table. The Christmas desserts do not deliver but are pretty, if 11 prims, but I wanted those more than a second chair (I will put a prim over them to make them deliver at least some figgy pudding which I have).

I really insist on deliverables in my rentals as you may know, so I ditched the centerpiece in favour of using my last 2 prims for anika's potato soup (the one without the nice stone underneath because that made it 3 prims). That way I can have something to eat at the table. I could only put one rug. I'd re-do that fireplace to ditch the angels which you see everywhere, even tho I like angels -- but it's on no mod. Another pet peeve. Still, certain things, if they are pretty, you use them, and try to work with it. What I liked about this house was the red bulbs and branches in the roof, in addition to the more traditional looking Christmas bulbs on the outside.

I am not ready for Christmas even after spending some time with this scene but here you go. I am going to do an additional entry!

Snapshot_186.jpg

Snapshot_185.jpg

Snapshot_184.jpg

Snapshot_183.jpg

Snapshot_182.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 5

I got one of the new skyboxes yesterday, I do like the first ones better, but those are really nice too

It is a challenge to decor with 50 prims, it takes me back to my SL in 2007 when my first rented house had, I think, only 80 prims to decor (and at that time most of the stuff had a lot of prims, it is easier now), but it is a lot of fun.

I've done a bit of decor but I was a bit in a hurry so lots of work yet to be done. I think I'm in skybox 24.

So, I need a sofa, cozy one with warm tones and pillows  and not very primy (8 prims tops) anyone knows of a good one?

Is it possible to rent a skybox and a house? I think I saw in the notecard that we can have only one rental but don't know it it means only one skybox

That said thanks a lot @Chic Aeon for the heads up, 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

I got one of the new skyboxes yesterday, I do like the first ones better, but those are really nice too

It is a challenge to decor with 50 prims, it takes me back to my SL in 2007 when my first rented house had, I think, only 80 prims to decor (and at that time most of the stuff had a lot of prims, it is easier now), but it is a lot of fun.

I've done a bit of decor but I was a bit in a hurry so lots of work yet to be done. I think I'm in skybox 24.

So, I need a sofa, cozy one with warm tones and pillows  and not very primy (8 prims tops) anyone knows of a good one?

Is it possible to rent a skybox and a house? I think I saw in the notecard that we can have only one rental but don't know it it means only one skybox

That said thanks a lot @Chic Aeon for the heads up, 

Only one place per typist :D.   You can keep watch though and likely switch in the future.  

Couches are VERY tough.   Here is what I used  in my latest styling. It meets your criteria -- is actually a sectional look but is 9 li.  It takes up a fair amount of space so pretty good "bang for your buck" that way.  

KOPFKINO - Blum Sofa - Leather (Materials)

image.thumb.png.79a6928e2e3394f2f23258f837de3077.png

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.