Unpacking a pose I just purchased

Candy Tangerine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, after being in SL for 14 years you think I should know the answer to this but I don't.  I just purchased a pose from "Stun" and when I unpacked it, it has this box that is made up of little multiple boxes ( see attachment).  What am I supposed to do with this strange box?  Also, I don't see my animation when I unpacked the pose.  Do I need to contact the vendor?  Thank you.1314279556_StunPose.PNG.4ccb0551c6887bd44fe4aa522b9c0c4c.PNG

On 11/2/2020 at 7:15 AM, Candy Tangerine said:

Hi, after being in SL for 14 years you think I should know the answer to this but I don't.  I just purchased a pose from "Stun" and when I unpacked it, it has this box that is made up of little multiple boxes ( see attachment).  What am I supposed to do with this strange box?  Also, I don't see my animation when I unpacked the pose.  Do I need to contact the vendor?  Thank you.1314279556_StunPose.PNG.4ccb0551c6887bd44fe4aa522b9c0c4c.PNG

That is a set of linked objects, most likely poseballs. Rez it inworld to use them. Or if you like, once rezzed, drag the poses into your inventory using edit.

7 minutes ago, Candy Tangerine said:

Can you show the texture of what the pose should look like?

Is it a pose for a group?

Edited by RowanMinx

5 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

That is a set of linked objects, most likely poseballs. Rez it inworld to use them. Or if you like, once rezzed, drag the poses into your inventory using edit.

Ah, ok, linked objects.  I learned something new today.  Thank you Admin Girl.  And you were correct, I did rez it and poseballs showed up.  Really appreciate the help :-).

• Like 1

The object is showing you it's what is called a LINKSET.  A linkset is several objects that will rez at the same time. 

The linkset is going to be poseballs then for two people that is why it is showing you a linkset symbol of several boxes.

Just rezz it and it should work fine and I'm sure you just move the poseballs to fit both your avatars for a best fit. 

HA!  Me and Candy posted at the same time...so ignore my post. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Candy Tangerine said:

Ah, ok, linked objects.  I learned something new today.  Thank you Admin Girl.  And you were correct, I did rez it and poseballs showed up.  Really appreciate the help :-).

Also, rezzing in build mode will keep them linked as you move them around.  If not, they will be unlinked if you rez them normally.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 3

On 11/2/2020 at 7:27 AM, Candy Tangerine said:

You're welcome :) I've noticed poseballs being packaged as linkedsets usually when it's for poses with more than one avi, like a couple of friends pose, so you don't have to position the poseballs from scratch.

• Like 1

Coalesced!   Not Linked!  

Is different and can be strange and confusing the two may result in ..  Confusion, Hand Wringing, Drama, Headache, Nervous Jitters, RAEG! &  BORKAGE!

If you take a copy of the coalesced item back into inventory, and not 'do it right'....   is BORK!    

This is because you may read inventory entry and think.. "Ah!  same name, got it", but you missed the 'Not actually linked fiddily bits'.

Is not a BAD thing.   For a pose ball set thing, makes so can edit the relationship between poses w/o needing to remember to check edit linked prims.

For that and other stuffs,   Coalesced is VERY Useful.     Just is different and strange if not used to it.

And...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_retrieve_coalesced_items

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.