Skybox-Shop above Lindenhome?

Lana Clowes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm considering getting a premium membership and have read a lot about it.
But there is one question to which I cannot find an answer.
If I have a Lindenhome (new generation), then I can place a skybox over 2000 meters.
My question now is: am I allowed to run a shop in this skybox?

Edited by Lana Clowes

• Lana Clowes changed the title to Skybox-Shop above Lindenhome?

It depends on what kind of shop.  A place where you ACTUALLY sell stuff, for $L 1 or more?  NO.  A place where you PRETEND to sell stuff, but it's really just priced at zero Lindybucks?  YES.  You could even decorate your ground-level home like a shop, provided the decorating is done primarily inside, any outdoor decorating is in theme for the region, and any items set for sale are free of charge.

You'll find a lot more information in the Linden Homes forum than the General land forum.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah

On 11/2/2020 at 6:02 AM, Lana Clowes said:

I'm considering getting a premium membership and have read a lot about it.
But there is one question to which I cannot find an answer.
If I have a Lindenhome (new generation), then I can place a skybox over 2000 meters.
My question now is: am I allowed to run a shop in this skybox?

if you are happy with getting a new Linden Home camper parcel then they are only 512m. So for the Premium you can get a camper and a 512m parcel on the mainland to put your shop in

Inside the Linden Home:  Anything you want that is in compliance with the (M) rated land provisions.

Security orbs:  Must give at least 15 seconds of warning and tp to just outside parcel boundary, not to home.

Outside, below 2000m altitude:  Must be in theme to the surrounding area, sea-level or ground-level is used as a baseline for other covenant provisions, whichever is higher:

- Wall and fences:  No more than 4m higher than the baseline.

- Other structures:  No more than 15m higher than the structure.

Outside, 2000m and above:  Anything you want that is in compliance with the (M) rated land and the security orb provisions.

This is in addition to the provisions on non-commerical activity.  Roleplaying a shop is OK, actually selling stuff is not.

10 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

As to whether or not you can use a Linden Home not as a place to sell stuff in-game, but as a storage facility for those little boxes you need for listing stuff on the MP, I'm not sure if the issue has been raised before.

You don't need to rez boxes for listing MP stuff,  that was only the previous incarnations such as SLExchange.  Now it is all done from your viewer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I could not figure out how to link my inventory (one-off paintings) between my shop (in a skybox gallery above my mainland parcel) and my Marketplace store anyway, so I went the route of the gallery being a showcase of the available pieces on a wall to browse, and have a sign that directs users back to my online Marketplace to make the purchase. That would be legit I think above a Linden home since you can't buy anything in my skybox.

15 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

That would be legit I think above a Linden home since you can't buy anything in my skybox.

absolutely not legit, it is still commercial activity, you still sell from your Linden Home if you use this.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I could not figure out how to link my inventory (one-off paintings) between my shop (in a skybox gallery above my mainland parcel) and my Marketplace store anyway, so I went the route of the gallery being a showcase of the available pieces on a wall to browse, and have a sign that directs users back to my online Marketplace to make the purchase. That would be legit I think above a Linden home since you can't buy anything in my skybox.

The problem arises with the sign that directs to the MP. That's not allowed. You can't have something that directs a person to a place outside of the home whether that's an in-world shop or the MP. This specific question arose when a few merchants had Linden Homes set up as open houses showcasing their creations (along with creations from other designers). It was specifically addressed by LL stating that it was okay for merchants to set up their homes as model homes as long as nothing in the home directed anyone away from the house.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.