What does it mean when Premium Chat won't answer you for over an hour?

MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I even cleared the browser cache since the beginning of time.  Are they still not seeing me?  They're still not answering.  Will they forget about someone for all time?  Will it be fixed in a day?  What could I still need to fix?  Have I been blacklisted somehow?  How do you report a problem with Premium Chat?  Can we blame it on the infamously horrible cloud that has eaten teleports and chat?  *sigh*

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield

14 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

I even cleared the browser cache since the beginning of time.  Are they still not seeing me?  They're still not answering.  Will they forget about someone for all time?  Will it be fixed in a day?  What could I still need to fix?  Have I been blacklisted somehow?  How do you report a problem with Premium Chat?  Can we blame it on the infamously horrible cloud that has eaten teleports and chat?  *sigh*

First thing I'd do is try a different browser.  I have had browser add-ons that conflict with the Chat feature.

As to reporting any problems with Chat, that would be via a Support ticket.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

From most to least likely ... 

1. Not open when you called.
  2. Technical problems (yours or theirs).
  3. Crazy busy.
  4. Didn't think you were a very interesting person.
  5. Got corrupted when the staff were digitized and uploaded.

I'm betting on 1, with a low chance of 2.

1) I waited all night until they were open to ask something, and now it's been 2 hours of being ignored.

2) What other technical problems could it be if I already cleared my cache?  What else do I need to do?

3) Crazy busy for over 2 hours?

4) Maybe... But still.  I pay them to ask dumb things about money, right?

5) Maybe.  I'm not a fan of the cloud at all: a) Amazon already owns everything, b) teleport fails, c) chat fails

12 minutes ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

I tried another browser as well, and it's been over another half hour.  I guess if anyone else could confirm whether or not they're open for you and that there's indeed a technical error of some sort on my side, that would be muchly appreciated.  Thanks.

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/m71g6jqj54xy

Posted 3 hours ago

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

Thank you! 😌

...Good grief/agree with you both/*adds it to the laundry list of triage that's hard to remember in a panic on top of confusion on top of that related hall of mirrors* 🤢

It's always nice to find out it's not just you having an issue.  I always look there first although sometimes, they're a bit behind in posting when things go wonky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.