LOGO (Willow) head and Lara body ... one quick newbie question

Katherine Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, my daily "OMG I am such a newbie" question. :) So I have BOM mostly sorted out in my head. So my question is this ... with my current avatar that I adore (Willow head from LOGO and Maitreya's  amazing Lara body) i want to skin tones to match exactly. With BOM, are there skins I can buy from one place that are both body and head skins that have the same skin tones/colours and will match? For example, I pick "Light Desert Tan" for my body and there is a corresponding "Light Desert Tan" for the head as well, so that I utterly minimize that darn neck join? Thank you so much! 

Thank you all for your amazing help. It's a learning curve, but such a fun one, and so many of you have helped immensely.

PS. For those following this newbie's journey, I got a house rezzed and positioned nicely last night, and my hubby fully dressed in non-demo stuff including a Jake body and free Chase head from LOGO. Now if we could only fix the fact that his LOGO Face Customization HUD seems locked up (frozen on one tab) and the top of his cute head is missing (I think that's fixable via that locked HUD), we'd be set! Oh, and get him BOMed too.

PPS. RIP Sean Connery. The best James Bond and a lovely man. I now need to go have a vodka martini, shaken not stirred.

Edited by TickleKitten

1 hour ago, TickleKitten said:

For example, I pick "Light Desert Tan" for my body and there is a corresponding "Light Desert Tan" for the head as well, so that I utterly minimize that darn neck join? Thank you so much! 

For most skins, there are and can be difficulties with the neck in general in that I don't like how it's shadowed or it's shadowed weird, even with some of the best skin makers especially if you want an usual shape which I do which makes the neck look frankly, weird.  So, I make my own skins now and have more control over the neck.  The textures for the skins for BOM have to join at the neck.  So the textures when making them is one for the face, one for the mid body called upper and one for the lower body called lower and all these shadows have to match between three textures.  There is no way to use one texture for the BOM skins.  So, I am doing my skins with less shadows on the neck and have some pretty well perfected simply by not using a lot of shadowing for the neck which I like better than an odd jawline or neck.

I used Deetalez quite a lot and she has a good match for the neck but does have an odd jawline and a bit of odd shadowing for the neck to where you need to be a very normal shape, not unusual. 

I think Deetalez could give you a match for the neck area but again don't try to use an unsual or extraordinary shape.   So, what I am also saying is sometimes it's the shape.  Try using the shape that may come with a skin and see how it looks on the skin makers shape in the neck and throat area.  I hate all that weird detailing on the throat...it just always bothered me.  I think less is more for that area. 

p.s.  RIP, Mr. Bond. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Definitely check out the event going on at Logo right now if you love their look. They are actually offering up two new heads (one male and one female) , and if you are in the group, the base head is free for a limited amount of time. They've also invited a bunch of different stores to make skins and make up for them that are present on their sim . Skinnery and Pink Fuel are two I'd recommend , and the Alaska skin looks great if you want a more handpainted look. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TickleKitten said:

...  So my question is this ... With BOM, are there skins I can buy from one place that are both body and head skins that have the same skin tones/colours and will match?

... Now if we could only fix the fact that his LOGO Face Customization HUD seems locked up (frozen on one tab) ...

Yes there are. Most heads use something close the standard SL UVMap for the classic head. So you can use skin (BOM) not made specifically for your brand and model of head. Try the demo and see how it works. With lipstick and eyeshadow it is a more important to get make up made specifically for you brand and model head.

If you are using applier skin for your head you mostly have to go with a skin made for the brand and model of head.

Locked up HUDs... it happens. I save the box my purchase comes in. Then I can unpack a new copy and toss the broken copy. It is usually possible to get a redelivery of the item if you did not keep the boxed item. 

Edited by Nalates Urriah

If this helps most of the Genus skins I own worked fine with the Free LOGO Chelsea head. Glam Affair has a FLF (L$50) skin that looks good with the LOGO head and comes with neck blenders, this means you can use the head and match it with any other body skin you may own without a neck seam. 

And a skin made for Catwa worked well on the male LOGO head, I tested with Stray Dog's Rickard on a male alt.

See it here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/454372-rawr-creativity-show-your-raw-selfies/?do=findComment&comment=2207630Let me try to remember the customization HUD. LOGO does it so different from others. The customization HUD comes empty, but it is another box symbol with a few basic items for customization. You must attach both so you see them on your screen and click that other box.

The customization HUD is then loaded with those options. You can now use it. But it isn't much. The 299 L offer for skins is a good deal. You can attach and load the HUD with them, but if you do, the head is not BoM anymore. You must use the BoM skins instead. But demo... lol.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.