Winter Homes 1L/week

Betty Briand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And THIS is why we read the forums!  LOL.  Super cute!! Thanks so much. 

I spent more than a month looking for a snowy winter place last year and never found one so very happy I was awake in the middle of my night.

Let's see what we can do with 50 land impact :D.  There is a version with a BIG kitchen also.  Ground level is lovely.   

image.thumb.png.d2225600b83d3b870d3eef659bd166a7.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Waoow, me too! Got the same type skybox. I could not see a way to find out what was what of them before I paid.

I was going to poke you but couldn't remember how you spelled your name (ah I was putting in two "R"s :D)   --- and I was tired.  There was a notecard in the rental area under "rules" and such and you just need to read that LOL (which of course "I" did) and there were landmarks to  demos of both types.  So now others know that.   Looking forward to some design work later. I am guessing I will be building a few things too which is good to keep up my skills :D.    

Hello neighbor.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I was going to poke you but couldn't remember how you spelled your name (ah I was putting in two "R"s :D)   --- and I was tired.  There was a notecard in the rental area under "rules" and such and you just need to read that LOL (which of course "I" did) and there were landmarks to  demos of both types.  So now others know that.   Looking forward to some design work later. I am guessing I will be building a few things too which is good to keep up my skills :D.    

Hello neighbor.   

🎄 Speed decorating?

• Haha 1

Well congrats oh speedy one. I was looking for a LOW land impact couch and really didn't have any. But I had "mine"  which is biggish and only 3  ---   so I am retexturing to match the woodwork and "feel" more and that takes forever to bake in Blender.   So you win for sure on the SPEED part LOL.  I am sure you would have anyway.

I am in no hurry. Sure I will find things in my inventory that I have forgotten about.  I think I will make a fake wall with fake "open" door to make the place smaller and then it can be more cluttered. Will see.   A fun project anyway and while I am not QUITE ready for snow I know I will be soon -- I always am (I seldom have snow where I live).   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am in no hurry. Sure I will find things in my inventory that I have forgotten about.  I think I will make a fake wall with fake "open" door to make the place smaller and then it can be more cluttered. Will see.   A fun project anyway and while I am not QUITE ready for snow I know I will be soon -- I always am (I seldom have snow where I live).   

I'm not done with it, oh no. It was a test to see how a 50 Li low budget skybox can look. The heaviest item is the 6 Li bed, in that sideroom. I think I borrow your idea about a fake wall. I need some garlands in the big window. I had to take down some I tried because it tipped me over 50 Li.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, I don't know where to post since it's a thread for Mainland pictures only. I am still under 50 Li. I had all these things from decorating in Bellisseria on low Li. I bought a new rig and one of the wall decals this year. They are maybe a bit yesteryear and not so Vogue.

toytr_003.jpg

toytr_002.jpg

toytr_001.jpg

That looks GREAT!!! I have been in Blender making things :D.  

Stay tuned, I have an idea. At least we are bumping this post so more folks see it -- assuming the places aren't all gone :D.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, I don't know where to post since it's a thread for Mainland pictures only. I am still under 50 Li. I had all these things from decorating in Bellisseria on low Li. I bought a new rig and one of the wall decals this year. They are maybe a bit yesteryear and not so Vogue.

toytr_003.jpg

toytr_002.jpg

toytr_001.jpg

Ello @Marianne Little, good job on your Christmassy home in Snow Globe and for staying under the prim limit! I must be your neighbor, as I picked up one of the same type of skyboxes as you. 

Hello @Chic Aeon- We must be neighbors, as well. Maybe I will see you around Snow Globe, sometime.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zenoerasa said:

Hi!

I am interested in #1--how do I get started?

Hopefully the owner will come here but sometimes they never return so ---- "I" am in SKYBOX number 1 so I am guessing you are looking at the houses on the ground. I didn't find any way to rent those at the moment and they are NOT the free ones. If you follow the LINK at the top of the page (the OP) it will take you to the skybox rental area.   You could contact the owner and ask about the houses on the ground but I am pretty sure they are not free :D. 

They are currently all rented (no surprise there).

image.thumb.png.6212ddd0e994a100e2b9a9bd904c4029.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, zenoerasa said:

Hi!

I am interested in #1--how do I get started?

I rented one wrong, a ground house. I will not renew that. It is house 6 or 8, I think.

I can contact the owner and see if she can transfer it to you.

PS: Are your name in SL zenoerasa Resident?

Edited by Marianne Little

What a lovely thread !! ♥

The houses on the ground are also free to rent. They are all rented atm and locked boxes are not available. There is an option to get notification on the rental boxes should they become available.

There is room left on the sim waiting to be filled with new released houses from this years winter season. Go Dust Bunny!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I've take one.. but I'm not sure to have understand what I've rent 😎

see you around

Well when we rented I think we each got a landmark to the rental, so check and see if you have that. If NOT, then  the box you rented from will have a number (the new ones are in the 20s) so you could do an area search for that number and then fly or cam to the skybox.  Double click to get inside in 3rd party viewers.   You also need a group invite to rez so hopefully you got that.  

I am NOT OFFICIAL, just trying to help you get in speedily LOL.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1267 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.