Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I believe “the continent” is a reference to Europe (aside from Ireland and the UK). 

If that's the case then it's the first time I've seen a denial here that it's Dutch.  That's a pity.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Capitalisation.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I believe “the continent” is a reference to Europe (aside from Ireland and the UK). 

Often, yes.  However, IIRC Patch was speaking in response to a question that was something like "Does he mean America the country or America the continent?"

I took him to mean North America, firmly squashing the earlier speculation in this thread about Pueblo styles.  Since it was such a casual conversation, it may be possible that he meant both North and South America (they are two separate continents, but often spoken of as "The Americas").  So, definitely not igloos :), and in my mind Spanish-inspired designs are still a possibility.

The lack of a 2nd hint pic nudges me toward thinking that the next theme Reveal will not be done at the Christmas Expo. 

I haven't checked the Expo regions to see if there is an obvious space for a reveal.  The map's current inability to show regions at higher zoom levels makes it tedious to try looking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I haven't checked the Expo regions to see if there is an obvious space for a reveal.  The map's current inability to show regions at higher zoom levels makes it tedious to try looking.

Would you see them on the Map if you can't see them on the ground, though?

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

There are several region south of the American Cancer Society Region named Christmas this and Christmal that ... only one in the far south is named Christmas Expo ... THAT might be where the reveal takes place mighn't it?

In the past the reveal region has not been made visible until reveal time, so I wouldn't expect to see it on the map any time until then as people could cam in and look at it.

• Like 2

Just now, Evangeline Arcadia said:

In the past the reveal region has not been made visible until reveal time, so I wouldn't expect to see it on the map any time until then as people could cam in and look at it.

For SL17B, the stilt reveal region (Enchant) was visible on the map many days before it was moved & attached to the other 17B  regions.  Of course, you couldn't TP into it, but you could see that it existed.  Which may be the case with the Expo region Leora speaks of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

For SL17B, the stilt reveal region (Enchant) was visible on the map many days before it was moved & attached to the other 17B  regions.  Of course, you couldn't TP into it, but you could see that it existed.  Which may be the case with the Expo region Leora speaks of.

Thanks. I was remembering the log region at the last ACS Expo I think - I remember a crowd of us gathered on the edge of a region looking out into the vast sea beyond waiting for the land to rise up from the see lol.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

if that's the case then it's the first time I've seen a denial here that it's Dutch.  That's a pity.

Since I wasn’t in the group where Patch was quoted, I didn’t have the context. He might have been talking about North America. In the olden days, Europe was referred as “The Continent.”  There’s still hope for Dutch homes. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

There are several region south of the American Cancer Society Region named Christmas this and Christmal that ... only one in the far south is named Christmas Expo ... THAT might be where the reveal takes place mighn't it?

I don't think so.  There are 12 Christmas Expo regions in a ring below the ACS region, including the Christmas Expo region itself, and all are already connected.  A reveal region would not be connected at this time, because those working on setting up the Expo would see the Reveal.  In fact, anyone who wants a peak at the Expo regions, can TP into the ACS region and look in right now.

I believe the Christmas Expo region will have gachas, see below.  They say there will be over a hundred gachas (SAVE US), and they have a lot of special auctions and other events scheduled as well.  From the expo website:

Spanning 12 Regions, Second Life residents will be able to find Christmas gifts for friends and family, attend one of the many musical performances, participate in the auctions, raffles, hunts, snowman building, stocking stuffer hunt, shop for a Christmas tree, or get that must have item from the Gacha At The Expo area.

The "Lights of Hope" region is where the home decorating contest will be held, and perhaps where the Linden-decorated Linden homes will be exhibited.  Presumably that region has something to do with the previously mysterious SSPLOH region up in the old SSP area.

SSPLOH.JPG.47d9cab8267571dee3fb181398bf0cb9.JPG

I don't see any Reveal region loitering in the vicinity of the expo, as SL17B Enchant did. 

I really think that Patch needs to see an "All Clear" from the grid team before he makes any promises about release dates .  If he intends to hold to the previous policy that a new theme release follows a reveal within ... what was it, 5-6 weeks? ... a reveal would be an implicit promise of a new theme release date. 

Once he gets an "All Clear", my bet is that he'll move very quickly to do a Stilts release.  If he got such a notice before Friday, a Reveal region might suddenly appear near the expo, and the Stilts might fly into our arms next week.

I'm not holding my breath for that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And in case anyone is wondering WHY I'm not holding my breath, look at the Scheduled Maintenance section of the Grid Status. Tomorrow there will again be rolling restarts of the RC Channel in the afternoon, and of the Main Channel at night.  Thursday there will follow 2 more rounds of rolling restarts on the RC Channel, one in the morning and one at night.

Grid Monkeys be banging on stuffs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

And in case anyone is wondering WHY I'm not holding my breath, look at the Scheduled Maintenance section of the Grid Status. Tomorrow there will again be rolling restarts of the RC Channel in the afternoon, and of the Main Channel at night.  Thursday there will follow 2 more rounds of rolling restarts on the RC Channel, one in the morning and one at night.

Grid Monkeys be banging on stuffs.

The 2nd roll on Thursday is Main Channel, not RC  Channels (mistake on status page).

From the Deploy Plan for the Week of 2020-11-30 (secondlife.com)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The  reveal made the calendar. 

Thanks!:) I've no clue what the next theme is (my guess is some kind of fantasy or country style). Nice to know exactly when the reveal is coming. Exploring it will keep me occupied regarding new homes over the weekend whilst waiting for the Stilt release (next week we hope!) lol.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 12:54 PM, Matthieu Quander said:

Clearly Patch meant "sim," not "continent."  

Region! Patch would never ever mean "sim"!

I listened to some of the Designing Worlds interview with Patch. I wrote down a quote about the next Linden Homes. He said they will "not be American per se". I guess that would mean they are from some other continent, but that at least some can also be found on the American continent, or am I reading too much into the "per se"?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Wilma Philbin said:

Region! Patch would never ever mean "sim"!

I listened to some of the Designing Worlds interview with Patch. I wrote down a quote about the next Linden Homes. He said they will "not be American per se". I guess that would mean they are from some other continent, but that at least some can also be found on the American continent, or am I reading too much into the "per se"?

Pennsylvania?

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.