Jump to content

Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)


Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I still think the house in Patch's picture looks like a traditional English or European cottage (or maybe a farm house).  Just for fun, I thought I would have a go at building what I think it might look like (within the restrictions of the textures and building bits and bobs I had available to me in my inventory!)  Of course, the moles would do a much more professional job than I have...😄

Patch cottage pic.jpg

cottage door 2_001.jpg

cottage 2_001.jpg

Edited by LunaThyme
added a few words for clarity
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LunaThyme said:

I still think the house in Patch's picture looks like a traditional English or European cottage (or maybe a farm house).  Just for fun, I thought I would have a go at building what I think it might look like (within the restrictions of the textures and building bits and bobs I had available to me in my inventory!)  Of course, the moles would do a much more professional job than I have...😄

 

A rustic farmhouse look would be lovely, but you would not find the door in Patch's example in a countryside setting, it is a 'townhouse' style. That is what is so puzzling!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

A rustic farmhouse look would be lovely, but you would not find the door in Patch's example in a countryside setting, it is a 'townhouse' style. That is what is so puzzling!

 

I agree, the stucco walls suggest a cottage or farmhouse, but the door doesn't quite fit with that theory.  The door in Patch's picture looks like the door from a Victorian.  I think the moles do tend to 'recycle' quite a bit with the different themes - Victorians look very similar to Traditionals, just a bit bigger;  log homes look quite similar again, just with different coloured wood siding;  stilt homes look similar to Trads/Vics, but on stilts.  I think whatever the new theme is, maybe a cottage/farmhouse - it will be a 'Linden Homes version' of a cottage/farmhouse (so basically a Trad/Vic/log home, but with stucco walls instead of wood siding.  After all, when we heard about there being a log home theme, I think most people were expecting something a bit more like these...

log cabin 1.jpg

log cabin 2.jpg

Edited by LunaThyme
added pictures
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, LunaThyme said:

 I think the moles do tend to 'recycle' quite a bit with the different themes - Victorians look very similar to Traditionals, just a bit bigger;  log homes look quite similar again, just with different coloured wood siding;  stilt homes look similar to Trads/Vics, but on stilts.  I think whatever the new theme is, maybe a cottage/farmhouse - it will be a 'Linden Homes version' of a cottage/farmhouse (so basically a Trad/Vic/log home, but with stucco walls instead of wood siding.  After all, when we heard about there being a log home theme, I think most people were expecting something a bit more like these...

 

 

I generally agree. I don't know if too much stock should be placed on exactly what style the door is, because of what appears to be 'recycling'. From what Patch has said so far, and hints and things in these threads, it's not going to be similar to what's come before. I'd expect it to look a different as a whole  for example the house shape or the roof, but maybe some of the details such as window frames, inside flooring etc. are similar to what's gone before.

I'm still thinking rustic or fantasy.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I generally agree. I don't know if too much stock should be placed on exactly what style the door is, because of what appears to be 'recycling'. From what Patch has said so far, and hints and things in these threads, it's not going to be similar to what's come before. I'd expect it to look a different as a whole  for example the house shape or the roof, but maybe some of the details such as window frames, inside flooring etc. are similar to what's gone before.

I'm still thinking rustic or fantasy.

I hope you're right - it would be nice to see something a bit different, and rustic or fantasy would be lovely! 😍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Evangeline Arcadia  @LunaThyme
I believe your points about recycling may be correct...this could indeed be a Franken-farmhouse!!!

Which makes me doubt if we would really get a re-shaped roof,  maybe a retextured one? Leading to the idea that these won't be *that* different to everything else....


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Neither of those two Halloween pics are tagged "Linden Homes", tho

Are you referring to the 2 most recent pics posted above? 

While that is true, the comment on the photo of "see you come next Halloween" could indicate the pic is a hint of a home to come.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

No. No to Castles.

My partner got bored with Belli, noticed a neat little prefab at some event,  and picked up a 512 in a floating lite-fantasy district on Heterocera (sp?) for it.  We went boating all around the inner waters last night, and now I definitely also say NO to castles, lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...