Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Patch just confirmed in Belli chat that his Flickr pic from a few days ago is a teaser (for the theme after the stilts)! Here's what he's said about it so far...

[14:36] Patch Linden: I'm really surprised that not many, including the forums have even picked up on the next theme teaser I released....
[14:37] Patch Linden: It's the same amount of wall my other initial teasers have :D
[14:39] Patch Linden: There's even an entry step thing in the teaser xD
[14:42] Patch Linden: There are no decks

Trick or Treat Fun!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

The door has bit of a Colonial vibe, which doesn't seem to go with the other components.  Of course, previous home styles have had doors that aren't typical for the style (log homes with the half moon windowed doors, for example), so I wouldn't base too much on that.  

The exterior walls appear to be stucco, with a granite step entering the home from a flagstone patio or path.  It could be some sort of craftsman variant, or Tudor as others have suggested, but if either is true, I'm not sure my OCD could live with the doors.  

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a door snob, and I really wish all of the homes came with multiple door options (and exterior trim choices, and hedge/wall/fence/none, selections...and and and...).  

Whatever the new theme is, I'm sure it will be nice, as the others have been, regardless of the doors.    

• Like 8

I WAS a little puzzled that it was tagged Linden Homes.  But his next pic looks like a Vic, so I figured, whatever.  But it is a different home.

The baseboard is extremely plain, and the windows are not large and also look pretty simple.  I'm having difficulty seeing this as a Tudor.  With the granite step in front and the dark door, it reminds me of old homes in Sicily that are stucco and front directly onto the street.

There are some details in the pic that puzzled me.  Inside the door there is a small dark stool, and up higher there are these odd fluted things with horizontal slots, and a few ornate scrolls beneath them that seem to be visible through panes of glass in the door, as well as the right-side window.

confused2.thumb.JPG.b4c10b60654303f75d8673eb74ceb213.JPG

confused.thumb.JPG.e69ae3e8734f29bf0647896bd0260b87.JPG

And then I realized that I think I know what they are.  Did he put a Kalopsia pipe organ right inside the door???   ARGH

kalopsia.thumb.JPG.2382e529628dbf9b66db58e93263d3d0.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yep that organ was on sale recently (Saturday Sale maybe?) It definitely was "old world". 

Steampunk would traditionally have more brick or stone or at least DARK plaster LOL, not that "Tudor" plaster. But it could be a mix of modernized styles and of course this is just ONE of the houses.   

I think I will go with Craftsman since so far anyway all the builds have been fairly traditional in nature and all available in the US.   

Is that the house's "mailbox", with the Spoopy Doopy sign nailed on it?   And ... is that baseboard on the outside of the front door, behind the stripey legs?

He doesn't show us the top of the door, it could be arched.  Maybe some sort of Mediterranean or Adobe design?   That might allow interior courtyards in a style or two!

Doesn't sound like the Moles' style to me, tho ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Is that the house's "mailbox", with the Spoopy Doopy sign nailed on it?   And ... is that baseboard on the outside of the front door, behind the stripey legs?

He doesn't show us the top of the door, it could be arched.  Maybe some sort of Mediterranean or Adobe design?   That might allow interior courtyards in a style or two!

Doesn't sound like the Moles' style to me, tho ...

Oh damn  the style predates mailboxes---we are going back to Medieval Times!??!?!?!?

• Haha 1

Hmmm, given that Patch's costume has a very Peter Pan vibe, the prominence of the children (I know, they usually appear in the hints), the small windows, I'm going to take a punt and say Wendy House (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_house) - i.e. a small, single storey maybe one-room building. Have there been any hints along the way of another 173LI theme? (Tree houses would also fit in a Wendy House theme.) 

7 hours ago, Claire Atheria said:

Patch just confirmed in Belli chat that his Flickr pic from a few days ago is a teaser (for the theme after the stilts)! Here's what he's said about it so far...

[14:36] Patch Linden: I'm really surprised that not many, including the forums have even picked up on the next theme teaser I released....
[14:37] Patch Linden: It's the same amount of wall my other initial teasers have :D
[14:39] Patch Linden: There's even an entry step thing in the teaser xD
[14:42] Patch Linden: There are no decks

Thanks Claire!:) I have been wondering recently, and checking if Patch would post something soon regarding a new theme. I just assumed this was just a Halloween pic though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

...so far anyway all the builds have been fairly traditional in nature and all available in the US.   

Very true, it's been very much of a 'variation on a theme' in terms of the actual structure of the homes. The landscaping and decor (wall colours, floor, etc. ) has been what seems to define the themes I think. So from what little we can see in the pic I'd guess it was the same. Doesn't look like a great departure in the way that campers and houseboats were. unless of course the overall home shape is in fact different (maybe why the pic doesn't show any windows looking out  as you could in previous pics from Patch? Hiding the roof shape maybe?)

The costumes are because of Halloween, I doubt they have anything to do with the theme.

I still wait for modern houses with big windows, so... moderately exited.

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Hmmm, given that Patch's costume has a very Peter Pan vibe, the prominence of the children (I know, they usually appear in the hints), the small windows, I'm going to take a punt and say Wendy House (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_house) - i.e. a small, single storey maybe one-room building. Have there been any hints along the way of another 173LI theme? (Tree houses would also fit in a Wendy House theme.) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I had to google "Craftsman style" ... and they seem to me rather similar to the Traditionals we allredy have.

What's the main difference?

Isn't it more likely the next theme would be something really NEW?

In one of Patch's posts in the forums he seems to hint that some future theme would be a bit different (can't find it right now - I think someone suggested LL wouldn't be making anything that much difference and his response was something like 'No' meaning that's not correct to think that - at least that was how I read it). So far only the campers and houseboats are really 'different' to the rest in my view, in that I expected a bit more variety in terms of having fantasy like the Elderglen were. They did say that they would be making a nod to some of the old LL home themes, so maybe after the stilts and the next one there'll be something a bit more different or in a fantasy vein.

EDIT - found the post, it's page 4 of this thread:

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

I tend to ignore Halloween stuff so I wouldn't have paid attention to this if I had seen it so thanks for pointing it out @Claire Atheria
Who knows as to style?  The chances are it will be some variety of American architecture.

It does look like partly non timber cladding on the exterior walls, which is a welcome change, but the window and door frames are made in that dark wood that I wasn't so keen on in the log homes. I hope changing that will be an option (and not a choice between different browns!) 

The log homes were all large, so it would be good to have something single story as an alternative.
The surrounding landscape, and plot placement has a huge influence on how attractive these will be.

The new houses need to fit within the Belli landscape so they can't vary that much from previous releases which I guess limits how new and exciting they really can be to GOH veterans who have reached their limit on how many different ways they decorate a 1024 plot. @Marianne Little 

Maybe Patch's original vision of starter homes is playing out? 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.