Are there any decent neck blenders on SL for mesh bodies?

Velk Kerang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any decent neck blenders on SL for mesh bodies that you can use with a system head? So far the only decent one I've seen out there for men has been from Niramyth. I tried the demos for both Slink and Signature and neither seem to include a neck blender. I tried looking on market and came across mostly tattoo layer neck blenders which is not really what I need. I need something I can actually attach to the avatar itself that is going to get rid of the line gap on the neck and actually make the head and body even with each other as well too. Does anyone know if Slink and/or Signature include one in their full versions or if there is one you can buy to use for any mesh body out there? Thanks in advance. :)

55 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Are there any decent neck blenders on SL for mesh bodies that you can use with a system head? So far the only decent one I've seen out there for men has been from Niramyth. I tried the demos for both Slink and Signature and neither seem to include a neck blender. I tried looking on market and came across mostly tattoo layer neck blenders which is not really what I need. I need something I can actually attach to the avatar itself that is going to get rid of the line gap on the neck and actually make the head and body even with each other as well too. Does anyone know if Slink and/or Signature include one in their full versions or if there is one you can buy to use for any mesh body out there? Thanks in advance. :)

Neck blenders are just tattoo layers, they just provide a coloured area that you can tint to match your skin.

If you have an actual gap where the shape of the neck doesn't fit between neck and body (and you are using classic head) this means that the Bodyfat slider on your shape doesn't match the mesh body fitting.  Some mesh body huds have "neck fit" for different bodyfat values; eg 0, 4, 7, 11 and 18 or something like that.  Other body huds assume your bodyfat is set to zero and you can't really deviate from that unless you get a mesh head as well.

So the first thing to try is go into Edit Appearance/Shape and play around with your bodyfat slider until you get a better match. It will never be perfect without a mesh head, but it will be better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

The original tmp body had a good one.  I used that body and a default head for a long time.  I think the old one is still 1L.

I have the original tmp body and I don't recall seeing a neck blender that came with it mate. I may have to look again. Been a minute since I looked at it, but I recall that being one of the main reasons I stopped using it. On a side note where did you see the old one for sale at the price of 1 linden at? I know that's what they charge for their demos at the store in world. I definitely missed that then. lol :D

56 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Neck blenders are just tattoo layers, they just provide a coloured area that you can tint to match your skin.

If you have an actual gap where the shape of the neck doesn't fit between neck and body (and you are using classic head) this means that the Bodyfat slider on your shape doesn't match the mesh body fitting.  Some mesh body huds have "neck fit" for different bodyfat values; eg 0, 4, 7, 11 and 18 or something like that.  Other body huds assume your bodyfat is set to zero and you can't really deviate from that unless you get a mesh head as well.

So the first thing to try is go into Edit Appearance/Shape and play around with your bodyfat slider until you get a better match. It will never be perfect without a mesh head, but it will be better.

Well they aren't only tattoo layers on all mesh bodies. Some neck blenders come as attachments that blend the body in perfectly between system and mesh. Like I said Niramyth actually did theirs perfectly. It's probably why I've used it for so long. I've also seen similar neck blenders created for mesh heads, but they Alpha the system head by default. There isn't actually one I've found yet designed for systems heads. I was hoping someone may have heard of one. I tried doing what your talking about and when I move the slider it moves the body and head itself as well too. So the only real thing I did was make myself thinner, but I still have the same problem in the end. Best way I can describe it with some bodies is it's like putting the human version of a pumpkin head on a body. It's just not working out very well for me mate. lol :D

23 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

the original tmp body and I don't recall seeing a neck blender that came with it mate. I may have to look again. Been a minute since I looked at it, but I recall that being one of the main reasons I stopped using it. On a side note where did you see the old one for sale at the price of 1 linden at? I know that's what they charge for their demos at the store in world. I definitely missed that then. lol :D

There was a folder or object inside the original body folder that you unpacked that had the tattoo neck faders.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Like I said Niramyth actually did theirs perfectly. It's probably why I've used it for so long. I've also seen similar neck blenders created for mesh heads, but they Alpha the system head by default. There isn't actually one I've found yet designed for systems heads.

Niramyth needs one because it's a non-standard neck fitting - it doesn't fit default necks/heads without one. Other bodies are made specifically to fit them, so add-ons aren't needed. That's why you've never seen one. 

There should be a difference if you use the bodyfat slider; thats why some body huds have different neck fittings for different neck sizes. Check your body hud and see what options are offered there, and try them all to see if there's any improvement.   If it's not working for you, I can't explain why.  

As an experiment, pick up a demo mesh head, any head (of the right gender), and try it.  It should fit the neck perfectly, straight out of the box, regardless of shape.  If the demo head does NOT fit, there is something wrong with your body and you may need a redelivery, or check again that you're wearing the right parts.

If the demo head DOES fit, then you're doing it right and what you see is the best you can get given the limitations of the classic/mesh interface.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Thanks 1

The old tmp had several neck.sizes on the HUD  or it may have been body fat.  No inworld so I don't recall.  As I said, I wore it for a long time without a mesh head since heads came long after mesh bodies.  So choose whichever is closest to your body fat.. Its not neck.size if I remember correctly.  Choose the skin tone c!osest  to your default head color then apply the corresponding neck fader tattoo in the tmp folder.  The skin tones and neck tattoos are numbered to match each other

ETA.  So say your body fat is set at 15, then choose the 15 neck size on the tmp HUD.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

And no.idea where the 1L old one is but you said you still have it?

Ya I still have it. I was only curious if they changed the hud out in the package for styles where it doesn't give you a big sign saying push x, y, and z button. lol I did find the neck faders, but that wasn't really what I was looking for. I actually have the skin applier for my skin on that body. The neck sizes on the styles hud I've only ever seen two which is fitted and retrofit . Fitted brings the neck line up, but it hangs off your neck like as if your wearing a shirt. Retrofit brings it down and creates a thin line between the body and the system head.

I think that was probably why I quit using that body. Well that and the fact tattoos on it would be all crackly and flickering in and out no matter what graphic settings I tried. That got on my nerves after a while. lol :D

18 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Niramyth needs one because it's a non-standard neck fitting - it doesn't fit default necks/heads without one. Other bodies are made specifically to fit them, so add-ons aren't needed. That's why you've never seen one. 

There should be a difference if you use the bodyfat slider; thats why some body huds have different neck fittings for different neck sizes. Check your body hud and see what options are offered there, and try them all to see if there's any improvement.   If it's not working for you, I can't explain why.  

As an experiment, pick up a demo mesh head, any head (of the right gender), and try it.  It should fit the neck perfectly, straight out of the box, regardless of shape.  If the demo head does NOT fit, there is something wrong with your body and you may need a redelivery, or check again that you're wearing the right parts.

If the demo head DOES fit, then you're doing it right and what you see is the best you can get given the limitations of the classic/mesh interface.

All right I actually got to apologize. I logged in last night to take a second look and I was getting thickness confused with body fat. I am sorry about that. You were right and that did help some. It evened the neck with the body. I had to actually slide my body fat down to zero in order for it to not look as deflicted. lol So far I got the better results on the Slink an Signature demos. The line is not as noticeable on those two bodies. My only real gripe is I have to make myself look real thin in order to make them work. lol I tested out the original TMP body and Sweet's Male BoM Bento Mesh Body (w. Alpha HUD) I got on the market for 1 linden to test out BOM with and neither really worked very well.

While TMP actually gets it closer to the actual body size and definition I am going for it really doesn't look good with a system head. Plus I can't see paying for an update on a body I already own. I did test out the newer demo for it out of curiosity and didn't see an option for BOM. Being truthful I didn't see anything to me that makes it worth the price they are charging. Not for no update. lol The results on the last two bodies were just yuck. lol :D

Now I am not saying Niramyth is perfect because I could drop a whole list of issues with that body too. I am sure not everybody can make their neck blender work as some said they feel it cuts in to their head a bit to much on one of the reviews I read. For me it fit well and worked like a charm. I'm just surprised no one has ever actually created an over all package that included neck faders and blenders that were both layer and attachment versions that would encompass everything out available there. To me that would have covered everything.

I didn't see a real huge difference between Slink and Signature and I am probably leaning more towards Slink like I was originally. I had to increase the belly size a bit though so it looked like I at least ate a Happy Meal or something for dinner. lol :D

I did go over market to see what all they had out there in terms of bodies I could test out and I didn't see much that caught my eye. What little that did wasn't offering up a demo to test it and one of the ones that had a demo made Niramyth look like it needed a Happy Meal. lol So I just wasn't feeling it. lol :D

From what I can tell there seems to be a lot more options on the feminine side of the house and not so much on the masculine side of the house. Probably less of an issue getting a body to work with a system head as well too I'd wager. I'm not opposed to a mesh head, but I just never found one that actually matches my face very well.

Anyway thanks for all the help mates. I really appreciate it. :)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

9 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

think that was probably why I quit using that body. Well that and the fact tattoos on it would be all crackly and flickering in and out no matter what graphic settings I tried. That got on my nerves after a while

That usually only happened at higher altitudes and still does on the new one.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

That usually only happened at higher altitudes and still does on the new one.

I never noticed that before. I am generally standing in a skybox working on some things when it'd hit my nerves. That's weird that, that would make such a huge difference though. lol Thanks mate. :)

3 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

All right I actually got to apologize. I logged in last night to take a second look and I was getting thickness confused with body fat. I am sorry about that. You were right and that did help some. It evened the neck with the body. I had to actually slide my body fat down to zero in order for it to not look as deflicted. lol So far I got the better results on the Slink an Signature demos. The line is not as noticeable on those two bodies. My only real gripe is I have to make myself look real thin in order to make them work. ...

You can increase torso and leg muscles, and body thickness, to compensate for  zero bodyfat. And if you do get a mesh head, you can use the bodyfat sliders again because with a mesh head, the neck will increase evenly between them, so the fit will be right whatever your bodyfat settings.

So the solution for you may not necessarily be change your body, but actually get a head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

I didn't see a real huge difference between Slink and Signature and I am probably leaning more towards Slink like I was originally. I had to increase the belly size a bit though so it looked like I at least ate a Happy Meal or something for dinner. lol :D

In the Slink body HUD there is a control for neck size.

image.png.34196bbb6ec3615863aab7125aa13890.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

In the Slink body HUD there is a control for neck size.

image.png.34196bbb6ec3615863aab7125aa13890.png

Yes! That's what I was referring to. So for example, you want the bodyfat setting at 25, you select number 25 on the Neck Size, and it will fit.

If you have a mesh head, you set the neck size to zero, because both the head and body will adjust and stay fitted together at that size, regardless of bodyfat.

• Thanks 1

I see half the issue now mates. That neck setting isn't in the hud for the demo version. Thank you so much @Nalates Urriahfor posting that screenshot. I was wondering if maybe they didn't have all the options in the hud and now I know. That makes so much more sense now as to why I am having so many issues testing out that part of it. At least now I can raise the body fat and not look like I am badly in need of something more then just a Happy Meal. lol I do have a question though @Maitimo because you mentioned setting it to zero if I had a mesh head. Can it work if I have the body fat raised? I ask because after playing around with he demo some more I did manage to get the body to not look half bad raising the body fat for my build. I'd say the arms aren't as thick as I'd like them to be, but nothing I can't live with. Like I said I am not entirely opposed to having a mesh head. I just haven't found one where I still look like me when wearing it. Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it. :)

12 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

I see half the issue now mates. That neck setting isn't in the hud for the demo version. Thank you so much @Nalates Urriahfor posting that screenshot. I was wondering if maybe they didn't have all the options in the hud and now I know. That makes so much more sense now as to why I am having so many issues testing out that part of it. At least now I can raise the body fat and not look like I am badly in need of something more then just a Happy Meal. lol I do have a question though @Maitimo because you mentioned setting it to zero if I had a mesh head. Can it work if I have the body fat raised? I ask because after playing around with he demo some more I did manage to get the body to not look half bad raising the body fat for my build. I'd say the arms aren't as thick as I'd like them to be, but nothing I can't live with. Like I said I am not entirely opposed to having a mesh head. I just haven't found one where I still look like me when wearing it. Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it. :)

Post I picture of your face as it is and maybe you can get some options on how to keep a similar look?  Unless you're fine without a mesh head which is cool too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

@Maitimo because you mentioned setting it to zero if I had a mesh head. Can it work if I have the body fat raised?

Yes. If you have a mesh head, set the body's neck fit to zero and it will work at any bodyfat setting from zero up to 100. So if you really wanted, you can go all the way from "in need of a Happy Meal" to "Far too many Big Macs"

• Haha 2

On 10/31/2020 at 5:16 PM, Velk Kerang said:

I did test out the newer demo for it out of curiosity and didn't see an option for BOM. Being truthful I didn't see anything to me that makes it worth the price they are charging. Not for no update. lol The results on the last two bodies were just yuck. lol :D

I am a bit slow to reply, and you also said you wont't buy the body. But the BoM can be turned on, it is just so well hidden. I can't explain it with words, because it is some weird symbol it hides behind. But you can look at Skell Daggers tutorial for activation Bakes on Mesh, just scroll down to the Legacy body. http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/3634

Go and get the 1 L mesh head while you still can... I think it has a good shape, good bones. And it is 1 L so it is not much to waste. https://ryanschultz.com/2020/10/24/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-male-and-female-bento-bakes-on-mesh-heads-from-logo-on-their-15th-anniversary/

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 5:05 PM, RowanMinx said:

Post I picture of your face as it is and maybe you can get some options on how to keep a similar look?  Unless you're fine without a mesh head which is cool too.

It's not that far different then the one of myself in the avatar photo. I essentially kept the same look over the years, but I upgraded where I could. The eye brows are the trickiest part. I've yet see a head that has captured that shape or look. I mean personally I am fine with out one. Doesn't bother me one way or the other. That being said if I found one that I could actually make look like me then I'd grab it up. Same thing for Jaden. She hasn't really found one she's liked either. Though she did grab up a few demos to try out the other day. The main thing at the end of the day is we just don't really want to change our face look and a lot of our friends who went with mesh heads don't even look the same once they did. lol Which is fine to me. I mean if they like it then I love it as the saying goes. lol Thanks mate. :D

image.png.9ead470064befc4fc94482dc1486de33.png

On 11/1/2020 at 6:07 PM, Maitimo said:

Yes. If you have a mesh head, set the body's neck fit to zero and it will work at any bodyfat setting from zero up to 100. So if you really wanted, you can go all the way from "in need of a Happy Meal" to "Far too many Big Macs"

I didn't know whether to hit the thank you button or the laugh one because that was hilarious. lol So Ima say thank you so very much for the answer and give the laugh button a press because that was a good one mate. Lmao!!!! 🤣

On 11/3/2020 at 2:08 PM, Marianne Little said:

I am a bit slow to reply, and you also said you wont't buy the body. But the BoM can be turned on, it is just so well hidden. I can't explain it with words, because it is some weird symbol it hides behind. But you can look at Skell Daggers tutorial for activation Bakes on Mesh, just scroll down to the Legacy body. http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/3634

Go and get the 1 L mesh head while you still can... I think it has a good shape, good bones. And it is 1 L so it is not much to waste. https://ryanschultz.com/2020/10/24/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-male-and-female-bento-bakes-on-mesh-heads-from-logo-on-their-15th-anniversary/

Oh awesome. I'll log in and go check that out then. Hopefully I didn't miss it already. As far as the Legacy body goes I'll take another look at the demo again. It's possible BOM just may not be included in it. The Slink demo didn't have a neck setting in it. So may just be a limitation thing with the demo. I'll check out the heads though. Thanks mate. :)

Sorry for the delayed replies everyone. things been kind of busy for me the last few days. Thank you all so very much again for all your help. Take it easy and stay safe and stay blessed mates. ;)

25 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

It's not that far different then the one of myself in the avatar photo. I essentially kept the same look over the years, but I upgraded where I could. The eye brows are the trickiest part. I've yet see a head that has captured that shape or look. I mean personally I am fine with out one. Doesn't bother me one way or the other. That being said if I found one that I could actually make look like me then I'd grab it up. Same thing for Jaden. She hasn't really found one she's liked either. Though she did grab up a few demos to try out the other day. The main thing at the end of the day is we just don't really want to change our face look and a lot of our friends who went with mesh heads don't even look the same once they did. lol Which is fine to me. I mean if they like it then I love it as the saying goes. lol Thanks mate. :D

image.png.9ead470064befc4fc94482dc1486de33.png

I didn't know whether to hit the thank you button or the laugh one because that was hilarious. lol So Ima say thank you so very much for the answer and give the laugh button a press because that was a good one mate. Lmao!!!! 🤣

Oh awesome. I'll log in and go check that out then. Hopefully I didn't miss it already. As far as the Legacy body goes I'll take another look at the demo again. It's possible BOM just may not be included in it. The Slink demo didn't have a neck setting in it. So may just be a limitation thing with the demo. I'll check out the heads though. Thanks mate. :)

Sorry for the delayed replies everyone. things been kind of busy for me the last few days. Thank you all so very much again for all your help. Take it easy and stay safe and stay blessed mates. ;)

Stray Dog Seth Skin - TMD

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Stray Dog Seth Skin - TMD

It's close, but a tad off too. I went looking for it both in world and on market and can't seem to find it. I went to TMD and their sim is all types of jacked up right now anyway and Lelutka doesn't have it up either. So I can't even demo it at the moment to be able to really tell how close it would have got. That was a really good pick though in such a close time period. I'm impressed. lol Thanks mate. :)

2 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

It's close, but a tad off too. I went looking for it both in world and on market and can't seem to find it. I went to TMD and their sim is all types of jacked up right now anyway and Lelutka doesn't have it up either. So I can't even demo it at the moment to be able to really tell how close it would have got. That was a really good pick though in such a close time period. I'm impressed. lol Thanks mate. :)

The nice thing is that you can edit the face to more.closely resemble yourself.  Also, since it comes with an eyebrowless version, you can change that as well as the facial hair.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

The nice thing is that you can edit the face to more.closely resemble yourself.  Also, since it comes with an eyebrowless version, you can change that as well as the facial hair.  

Well that was a fairly close likeness. I'd definitely be curious to look at it. I'll probably check back in a few days and see if TMD has their store organized. It's locked down atm with people for some reason standing outside of it and just camming around inside. lol :D

2 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Well that was a fairly close likeness. I'd definitely be curious to look at it. I'll probably check back in a few days and see if TMD has their store organized. It's locked down atm with people for some reason standing outside of it and just camming around inside. lol :D

That's an older pic so it's probably at the store already.  Think.it was last month's round at TMD.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

That's an older pic so it's probably at the store already.  Think.it was last month's round at TMD.

Looks like they pulled it up for now. All I seen was clothes and some other stuff. I didn't see any mesh heads out. I don't know if they had an event or what, but looks like they are either closing or renovating. 😕

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.