Belleza Jake ... Head and Shape object issues

Katherine Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've reached out to three of the offline Belleza folks, but does anyone know what might be causing the following issue for my partner? He bought a bunch of stuff at Belleza tonight ... Jake, Ashton Head 0, Ashton Shape, and some clothes (and the BOM thing too, that we'll tackle much later). He was demoing this stuff (and is still wearing the demo head), so we duplicated the demo outfit and got him started loading up the good version. So far, and we are newbies, the body, and clothes are fine.

But for whatever reason the Ashton head object, when double clicked, creates the bag attached to him but does not allow him to left click it to unpack it. Same with shape. Nothing. we got the head redelivered thinking it was an issue with downloading but same thing. The object exists (i.e., Belleza Ashton Head 0) but we can not get it to unpack. So he's walking around with full version of clothes and body, and a demo head.

Thoughts?

And by newbies I mean it took me about 40 minutes to figure out how to replace my default eyes with some Avi-Glam ones (woot!), and don't ask me about the whole BOM thing with my Lara avatar, how long that took to figure out. Thanks amazing people!!!

5 hours ago, TickleKitten said:

I've reached out to three of the offline Belleza folks, but does anyone know what might be causing the following issue for my partner? He bought a bunch of stuff at Belleza tonight ... Jake, Ashton Head 0, Ashton Shape, and some clothes (and the BOM thing too, that we'll tackle much later). He was demoing this stuff (and is still wearing the demo head), so we duplicated the demo outfit and got him started loading up the good version. So far, and we are newbies, the body, and clothes are fine.

But for whatever reason the Ashton head object, when double clicked, creates the bag attached to him but does not allow him to left click it to unpack it. Same with shape. Nothing. we got the head redelivered thinking it was an issue with downloading but same thing. The object exists (i.e., Belleza Ashton Head 0) but we can not get it to unpack. So he's walking around with full version of clothes and body, and a demo head.

Thoughts?

And by newbies I mean it took me about 40 minutes to figure out how to replace my default eyes with some Avi-Glam ones (woot!), and don't ask me about the whole BOM thing with my Lara avatar, how long that took to figure out. Thanks amazing people!!!

he bought no head for Jake. Ashton is no head, but a skin and shape, that won't work with Jake at all, it's for the standard avi.
The skin will work as bom, i even doubt it's a applier, Ashton is many years old, long before mesh.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TickleKitten said:

Though this still doesn't solve the issue of neither the shape or head object from unpacking.

Can you post a picture of what it is he's trying to unpack?

A pic of his inventory 

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

Hi Rowan, we got that solved. Apparently that's an old product (we didn't know) and you have to rezz it to the ground and then unpack from there. I will if we have problems tonight with that. Thank you soooo much for your help and feedback on my silly newbie issues (I've seen your name before!), it's sure a learning curve. Mistakes are one thing, mistakes that cost L are another. Demo, demo, demo is now my mantra.

9 minutes ago, TickleKitten said:

Hi Rowan, we got that solved. Apparently that's an old product (we didn't know) and you have to rezz it to the ground and then unpack from there. I will if we have problems tonight with that. Thank you soooo much for your help and feedback on my silly newbie issues (I've seen your name before!), it's sure a learning curve. Mistakes are one thing, mistakes that cost L are another. Demo, demo, demo is now my mantra.

I'm glad you got it sorted out for now.  And don't feel too bad since even folks who have been around awhile make costly mistakes.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

It could be cos what you think is a head is actually a skin applier for a mesh head.  Belleza do not make mesh heads.

Ya'll had me for a bit there.

Belleza plans to make a mesh head, and I was wondering if I had missed it coming out. It's one of those "soon" things... and Belleza's notion of "soon" makes Linden Lab look fast.

To the original poster. Now that you have a skin and not a head... if that skin is in a skin tone that still matches to the mesh body... you'll want to make sure the head you do buy once you buy a head supports 'BOM'.

- Mosy brands do these days, so that should be easy to deal with. But basically... wear the skin before you demo heads, and if it shows up on the heads when you demo them, you're good to go. If not, look for something in the demo package's HUD to apply BOM, and if it shows up then - good.

More or more heads are BOM by default, and need to click something to not be BOM, so with newer head choices this will be easier / more newbie friendly.

- Expect to budget from 3000-5000L for the head... quality is NOT related to price, demo as many as you can stand to demo before buying in because once you're "on the inside of the bubble" it's kinda pricey to switch choices...

Since that skin you bought is old, it might not look good on any mesh body or head... no idea as I'm not familiar with it... and if that's the case... you'll need to also budget for a new skin...

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2020 at 6:02 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Belleza plans to make a mesh head, and I was wondering if I had missed it coming out. It's one of those "soon" things... and Belleza's notion of "soon" makes Linden Lab look fast.

I love Belleza's bodies, but I don't think i'd get one of their heads unless it's fairly cheap.. they are way too slow on everything ever(although still making skins, at least).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.