Looking for longterm relationship, exlusively.

WinTrain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Would prefer SL/RL.  Looking for a female who is 30+ years old, 40s can be ok.

About me, age 30. Likes games, movie watching together, talks a lot, makes movies, takes photos, can play everyday, eastern time which ism SL+3.

Looking for something serious and would appreciate any IMs that come my way.

Some photos of my avatar. I am looking to date,  message WinTrain Resident please

My flickr videos https://www.flickr.com/photos/184301006@N02/

Jax Leading Military.png

Jax Pub.png

Profile Photo 1.png

Profile Photo 2.png

27 minutes ago, mennamona said:

Run to the hills he looking for girl to control and yank around take away rights the second photo I do remember seen him at many dating places  in the past he gets out bent out of shape when you turn him down. 

Well that's interesting coming from a day old av.  I don't think many in the forums get their dates here so not to worry.  We're safe.

ETA:  Also

• Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I met WinTrain a while ago. We just chatted, and he seemed nice. He was very chatty, and keen to share his interests. I think he said something a bit random, which I felt was a bit inappropriate at one point, but I told him about it, and he did apologise. I've met people on here who have said a lot worse, and not apologised, and become aggressive. WinTrain was not aggressive at all or rude after I said 'good luck in your search...' (that kind of thing), and I thought he was actually quite sweet. I'm surprised to hear someone saying that he wants to 'control' a girl. I didn't get that feeling from him at all, and I"ve known people in SL who were controlling and infact a couple of them were narcissistic. As a result, I have developed a very finely tuned radar for those types of people, I call it the BS radar, and I honestly don't think WinTrain is one of them.

Edited by Scarlett Fenutzini
  • Like 2

When I was in SL before on my Original, I did a lot better meeting people by going out to meet them inworld.

I had really perverse luck with the old forums; If I was looking for someone for deep conversation I’d get the hot, narcissistic ones with offline Partners and raging libidos. Sadly, when I WANTED someone almost that type (partner-poaching is just wrong in most cases) - I usually got someone who wanted to have a platonic and painfully serious 3am conversation about the Nature of the Self.

Still, if you want Resident stories then go where they are and make your own luck by asking them out in the wild.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in the kind of relationship you describe so here is my 2 cents: I think it’s much the same in SL as in RL, the best chance of eventually finding someone you are actually well-compatible with for any kind of relationship is not to go ‘looking for someone’ but instead to do the things you like, things that fulfill you and make you happy...and to seek out (and also create) opportunities to meet the people who are also already enjoying those things. Then if something develops, it’s has a framework that comes from the strength of a shared mutual interest and enjoyment, not from a situation arising just because 2 people are looking for someone. I realize that it’s harder in SL than in RL but at this point with social distancing, online dating will probably continue to rise, not fall...but the relationship will be more solid if it is firmly based in the things you both are already strongly interested in on your own. 

• Like 3

I intend the following comment to be pragmatic and not bitter....

Perhaps the most unworkable part of your original post was the word “exclusivity”.

Unless you hit the jackpot, remain willfully unknowing or just don’t care about the meaning of the word; SL exclusivity can be rare inside some circles.

Oh, the avatar you’re involved with may be exclusive to you....but maybe not any of that typist’s associated alts.

Way back on my original SL avatar I was about three months inworld and partnered for about a week, when I got a brutal lesson in how some people view “exclusivity” where alts are concerned. This lesson included my “partners” alt, that alt’s partner and their inworld business.

EVERYONE knew what was going on but me, until my “Partner” got a guilty conscience and told me.

Appreciate exclusivity if you want it and find it, but remember where you are.....

”Friends with Benefits” beats Partnering anyway 🙂

Edited by Cassidy Starlight
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.