Accidentally detached my avatars wrists

Kylie Hammill

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I accidentally detached my avatars wrists when I clicked on lacey sleeves to detach them, my wrists also got detached. I have a slink physique body and had an extra one in my inventory so I tried putting that one on but that didn't work, still no wrists. I have no idea at this point what to do to get my mesh wrists back. Can anyone out there please help me if you know how I can get my wrists back. It would be very much appreciated. At this point I think I have totally screwed up my avatar and am at a loss :(

18 minutes ago, Kylie Hammill said:

I accidentally detached my avatars wrists when I clicked on lacey sleeves to detach them, my wrists also got detached. I have a slink physique body and had an extra one in my inventory so I tried putting that one on but that didn't work, still no wrists. I have no idea at this point what to do to get my mesh wrists back. Can anyone out there please help me if you know how I can get my wrists back. It would be very much appreciated. At this point I think I have totally screwed up my avatar and am at a loss :(

Use your body HUD and unalpha your wrists.

Sounds like, because the lacy sleeves covered the wrists, they have an auto hide script that triggered your body to authorize them. Then, when you detached them, there either is no auto unhide function or the body alpha failed to respond to it, leaving your wrists invisible.

As others said, unhide them using the body alpha HUD. Unless by "wrists" you actually mean "hands," in which case you'll need to find your hands in inventory and reattach them.

Be aware that you can't usually detach or remove specific body parts that way. Body, hands, feet, and head, plus any genitalia you may use from other brands, may be separate, but wrists, ankles, legs, etc. are part of your body. If they're invisible it's typically because they're hidden using the body's alpha, not because they've been detached.

Thank you all so very much!! You have all been incredibly helpful!! And yes I didn't think you could detach a body part such as the wrists. I will use my body alpha hud to unhide them. Although on my hud they appear as if they are there. And yes I do have my hands. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you so much for your help

1 hour ago, Kylie Hammill said:

Thank you all so very much!! You have all been incredibly helpful!! And yes I didn't think you could detach a body part such as the wrists. I will use my body alpha hud to unhide them. Although on my hud they appear as if they are there. And yes I do have my hands. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you so much for your help

The body and its HUD often get out of sync.

The hud for the arms does not go down to the wrists. It only goes down as far as the lower forearms. So the wrist area is missing and then I have my hands. So now I am completely lost. So I went out and bought a Matreya Lara body. I am going to try that body on since the detached wrists are on the slink body. Wish me luck!!

1 hour ago, Kylie Hammill said:

The hud for the arms does not go down to the wrists. It only goes down as far as the lower forearms. So the wrist area is missing and then I have my hands. So now I am completely lost. So I went out and bought a Matreya Lara body. I am going to try that body on since the detached wrists are on the slink body. Wish me luck!!

Too bad that you had to do it. Remember it is lots of youtube videos for help. When asking here, it is also good to attach pictures. Where what you are wearing up on the screen and then screenshot.

Well I fixed my problem!! I bought a brand new Matreya Lara body and as soon as I put it on I had WRISTS!! And I just love this Matreya Lara body!! I like it way more than the slink physique body I had. So I kind of killed 2 birds with one stone. I got wrists and I got a new body that I just LOVE!!!

Thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciated your responses. You are all awesome!! Have a great day!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.