Planned Event Rejected

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I planned an event to celebrate the music of the 1950s the way it used to come over the radio, but was censored for language. How was 

Remember the 1950s

offensive in that context? Back then, most radio stations played songs on the Bilboard Top 100 as long as it even vaguely mirrored its listeners' taste. From Big Bands, crooners,  Country ( then called Hllbilly), Pop, Rock as introduced by Bill Haley and the Comets, and maybe even a few folk or church songs all mixed together. .

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, AmandaHoliday said:

I planned an event to celebrate the music of the 1950s the way it used to come over the radio, but was censored for language. How was 

offensive in that context? Back then, most radio stations played songs on the Bilboard Top 100 as long as it even vaguely mirrored its listeners' taste. From Big Bands, crooners,  Country ( then called Hllbilly), Pop, Rock as introduced by Bill Haley and the Comets, and maybe even a few folk or church songs all mixed together. .

Guess it got censored here too?

2 minutes ago, AmandaHoliday said:

It said "Remember the 1950s" Probably I entered it as a quote badly or al least without the proper/required key strokes

That was all?  Remembering the 1950s?  There wasn't anything like a description of the event?  There are often words that wouldn't seem to be censored that are for whatever reason.

• Like 1

RowanMinx, That was the title of the event,  The description went into the details as described,  mostly reminders of a time before Billboard cut music into genres and people claimed  loyalty to only one of them. There is good music in all genres, and i miss that availability to hear some great songs on only one station. I was 5 thru 14 during that decade, and still enjoy that mix. even though with the specialization I am forced  to claim country as my favorite., but I still enjoy the old crooners, big bands, early rock, and even church tunes and bluegrass, jazz,. and blues

Heck, as far as I remember, the only real argument was between those that took the stance, "I'd rather be dead than Red." and those who said, "I'd rather be Red than dead."

1 hour ago, AmandaHoliday said:

RowanMinx, That was the title of the event,  The description went into the details as described,  mostly reminders of a time before Billboard cut music into genres and people claimed  loyalty to only one of them. There is good music in all genres, and i miss that availability to hear some great songs on only one station. I was 5 thru 14 during that decade, and still enjoy that mix. even though with the specialization I am forced  to claim country as my favorite., but I still enjoy the old crooners, big bands, early rock, and even church tunes and bluegrass, jazz,. and blues

Heck, as far as I remember, the only real argument was betwTeen those that took the stance, "I'd rather be dead than Red." and those who said, "I'd rather be Red than dead."

Yes I understand.  What I'm saying is there are odd words that can kick something out.  A word you or I might not think inappropriate but the randomness of the software can flag something odd.  One person had a marketplace item kicked because of the word webcam in the description.  That word made it an adult item.  Just trying to explain why your ad may have been kicked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.