How i move the entire body

FlaviaAlmeidah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I having problems when i try to make a animation that moves the avatar, like jumping or walking, i followed this tutorial:

Everything works great in blender but when i upload to SL every part of my body move, except my initial position. ☹️ 

Im using blender and exporting to BVH

I read that in the wiki, but i dont get it.

Even if i move all to roots to another yxz position nothing happens, the hip always stay in the same position(In SL).

I tried in the qavimator and worked like a charm just moving the position sliders, but i dont know how to do this in blender.

In the list of bones the top one is the root. It should be named mPelvis which is a synonym in SL for hip. You have to be in Pose Mode and select it then move it. I remember the R key is for rotation but can't remember the right key for translation sorry... is it G? You should also be able to use the gizmos, I don't animate with Blender so that is about as much as I know about it...

15 hours ago, FlaviaAlmeidah said:

Everything works great in blender but when i upload to SL every part of my body move, except my initial position. ☹️ 

Im using blender and exporting to BVH

One thing I've discovered about pure (non-Avastar) Blender BVH exporting is that it ignores all bones that never move during the animation. So even if you remembered to shift the hip bone in pose mode (like others have already pointed out), that change won't be exported if you keep the hip bone at the exact same place and angle the whole time. You need to put a minor change in it somewhere -- small enough not to notice but big enough to be detected as a change.

• Like 2

After a huge amount of tries, i make it work increasing a LOT the X axys animation distance from the first frame to the last.

Maybe the model as small for the blender grid, i really dont know.

Thank you Sabrina and Quarrel for trying to help me.

@EDIT

Yeah, its the model size, i resize and applied the scale, now it's working like a charm.

Edited by FlaviaAlmeidah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.