My avi is a cloud and it shows I have no body parts attached?

Mineko Niosaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok so This started earlier tonight, I was a cloud, then I clicked ctr alt r and become ruthed! so I cleared my catch rebooted everything and im STILL a cloud!

Then I noticed I have no body parts attached, yet I can't edit apperance or attach anything. It will say "cannot attach until clothes and apperance fully load"

Needless to say I left my avi in a Linden Sim for well over 2 hrs and im still having issues! what do I do?

3 answers to this question

Try opening the clothing folder in the Library (below your inventory) and drag one of the standard avatar folders from there on to your avatar.

Disable http textures in the develop menu (enable in Me->Preferences->Advanced).

Go to Smith or Pooley, reset your cache in me->Preferences->Setup (Reset next to the cache location field), log out and back in again, open your inventory sidebar, press the Recent tab and wait for the inventory to load fully.

Then you should be back to normal and able to wear different things.

- Luc -

• Like 1

You can also try a character test:

advanced menu > character > test (male or female).

You will be back to the basic skin & shape, then you will have to wear again your usual shape, skin, eyes, hair, etc...

You might want to login from a safe sim to do this (Smith, Pooley or Aqua as Luc said) and wait till your invetory is FULLY LOADED before you do anything.

Edited for this tip:

My recommandation is that you save your favorite appearance. When you are back to normal, edit your appearance: at the bottom right of the window clicl on the "save outfit" button. It will create a folder which you can name in a way you can always remember it. This folder will be saved in your inventory in the "clothing" folder. So next time your avatar crashes, you can easily retrieve and wear your "usual you"!

• Like 1

Hello Mineko. If the problem remains, try to clear your cache manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

If you have more than 1 users installed in your computer, you must to do it for ALL of them following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Phoenix Viewer

After that log in a protected land, as already mentioned, open your inventory, type something in filter there and wait fetching all your items till your last one.

If neighter this solution  works for you, you can try to install other viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.