How to Stream Music in my Home or a Friends

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really want to stream music into my home or a friend's home when we are hanging out, but I cannot find a simple way to stream music on land. A lot of the forms are from 2014 using some kind of software called SOUT. I am not a live singer so none of their directions are helpful because I want to stream music from a radio station or music from my computer. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, sassywheelz said:

I really want to stream music into my home or a friend's home when we are hanging out, but I cannot find a simple way to stream music on land. A lot of the forms are from 2014 using some kind of software called SOUT. I am not a live singer so none of their directions are helpful because I want to stream music from a radio station or music from my computer. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Music_streams

If the radio station has a stream compatible with shoutcast or icecast, set its URL as the lands music stream and you're done. Plenty of those on the wiki page @RowanMinx linked.

If you're streaming your own playlist from your computer you'll need a stream host - which one depends on your circumstances, budget and the size of the intended audience but there are one or two really affordable ones that you can pay for inworld with lindens - then all you need is some DJ software that can run your playlist to the stream. Again, YMMV depending on the capabilities you want. There are free solutions that can handle it just fine, all the way up to full featured setups that allow you to live-mix on-air (assuming you have the talent for it - I don't) or you can fork over the cash for commercial software that usually has a slicker or more intuitive UI than the free solutions but not often much of an edge in raw functionality - you'll just (and yes, I know this is a horrible and inaccurate generalization) tend to find yourself tearing out more hair accessing that functionality in the free software compared to the paid stuff. A good rule of thumb is the more experienced you are in both comp-tech and sound-tech the less hassle you'll have using the free software because you already know how the guts of it operate and can adapt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.