Places to get a good hairbase for Genus heads

SileneRogue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before the mesh era, many hairs came with their own hair bases included when you bought them. As mesh hairs became a thing, hair bases declined a bit, and generally speaking fewer varieties were made than in the past. Now, many mesh hairs come with built in hair bases, and those who don't tend to assume that you already have some that will fit - especially since many mesh heads came with built in hair base appliers.

I'd suggest you look up Truth, I think they had a really nice hair base pack that should cover the basics - not sure whether they've updated it for BOM (I should probably go get the update if so).

• Like 1

My alt has Genus and uses hairbases from No_Match, which came included with a bunch of group gifts from the collection upstairs in their mainstore. It's L$50 to join the group but you get a LOT of good hair for that, and they nearly all come with hairbases. There are three sets to collect; set C is the most useful for shaved styles. They are BOM or Omega, so you'll need to be using one of those.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I guess it kind of depends if you want something for more regular styles or something more textured, with a pattern for a side shave or something with edges or baby hairs etc? 

Ah sorry I wasn't specific about what kind of hairbases I was looking for! I want a hairbase that can be used for on daily basis for any hairstyle that worn (if possible) & one that makes my head look smaller.

14 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

If it is for minimizing that megalomaniac forehead that GENUS heads have, Izzie’s is still no. 1 for me because BOM is life and everything from that store makes my avatars look more photorealistic and well put-together, try a demo first:

genus_v2_hairbase.jpg?1549027002

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-Baby-Hairs-V2-Hairbase-Genus/16572311

I'm going to look into this one after you mentioned this hairbase minimizes the forhead on genus head. Thanks!@Yuumo Ichibara

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SileneRogue said:

Ah sorry I wasn't specific about what kind of hairbases I was looking for! I want a hairbase that can be used for on daily basis for any hairstyle that worn (if possible) & one that makes my head look smaller.

Wear bangs

• Like 1

I am aware of that and I never really use the supplied shape for STRONG and BABYFACE but even with the sliders the forehead is either still tall for my liking or not proportional to the rest of the face so I prefer using the hairbase. I think it is a characteristic inherent to GENUS in the same way duck lips are to CATWA but that is just how I perceive it.

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara

8 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

I am aware of that and I never really use the supplied shape for STRONG and BABYFACE but even with the sliders the forehead is either still tall for my liking or not proportional to the rest of the face so I prefer using the hairbase. I think it is a characteristic inherent to GENUS in the same way duck lips are to CATWA but that is just how I perceive it.

I've tried with all the genus heads to make a good shape and I have experience with shapes but I can not get those heads to look good.  The top of the head is too broad and if you narrow it to normal proportions, it throws everything else off.  The chins to me are very weak also.  No matter what I've tried, I still think it looks like an ET head. 👽

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2020 at 3:14 PM, Orwar said:

Before the mesh era, many hairs came with their own hair bases included when you bought them. As mesh hairs became a thing, hair bases declined a bit, and generally speaking fewer varieties were made than in the past.

And we've come full circle.

I find my best bet is to dig through those parts of my inventory that I set aside under labels like "OLD" and "What is this old junk" and "noobish old stuff"... 😉

And look for a premesh tattoo layer hairbase, and use that.

Preferably one made for the specific style of hair - curls, straights, dreads, braided, etc.

If only I hadn't lost one of those boxes of 'old junk' I made that had some no-copy things in it... I think I had a pile of hairbases in there also... all of which would be perfect in today's BOM era.

What I have found with 'mesh hair bases' is that one tiny spot where it floats above the head always manages to sneak into my screenshots... and once I see it the ONLY THING I can look at when I look at that image is that one little spot where the hair is floating... ☢️

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.