SL urban legends and conspiracies

ErikaKotov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, ErikaKotov said:

Kind of new to Second Life so never heard of it. please explain.

It's supposedly Fishii Sim...if you go up to 4000m there you might hear an ex-user who died, still talking on mic. But that's just what I was told and is probably rubbish 😂 It was an urban myth on SL at the time, when I was hanging around with someone who lived on the parcel next door. That sim did have a weird vibe though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

the one I've heard for 13 years "Second life is dying"   still seems to be alive and well to me.

Probably should be recorded on each level because I’m sure people use it in place of YOLO to just do as they like by now...even though they don’t really believe it! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That there is a cow level.

Once upon a time, there was .. But then a rogue mole decided to slay the cow king, so the portal can no longer be opened. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Two that I can recall:

1) The Cornfield. The place where, supposedly, "bad avatars" were sent to cool their heels by the Governance Team. I was never clear on whether this was an actual thing or not . . .  maybe someone here now can finally clear that up for me.

2) Emotes that Kill. I was told this by an experienced resident at some point during my first few weeks in SL -- that there were secret words you could type as emotes that could permanently "kill" an avatar. I'm not sure if he believed this or not .I rather think he did, actually. I worked out that it was nonsense fairly quickly, fortunately.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

The cornfield was real, you would be sent there and could not teleport out or talk to anyone in groups or anything. It was your own personal limbo while you were there. There are videos of people being in it on youtube.

https://boingboing.net/2006/01/04/misbehavior-in-secon.html

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lindenlabs are secretly" marxists" and have an inner party of favourite oldbie members that are going to "ruin everything for everyone by making things open source" )

BOM was a plot to "make SL ugly forever and raise prices" --- from an infohub user that was convinced it meant SL was retiring mesh objects.

"It won't last a year, SL has stopped caring and this is a special signal that they're shutting us down" every time there is a slightest tweak.

Edited by ProletarianGothic
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve been to The Cornfield...but only on a visit when it was open...there was a game of some kind going on IIRC

Edit: here we go, they were using it to test experience keys. That’s when I was there. Because I’m never bad. 😈 

http://cheyennepal.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-legendary-cornfield-come-to-life.html

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 2

Now to be back on topic..

You can make rlv uncheatable/inescapable/permament..

you can use hypnosis to turn anyone into your sub or slave against their consent.

Dom/Masters have the right to ignore safewords or break limits without consent.

Dom/Masters have the right to say you cant have safewords or limits.

Dom/Masters have the right push limits without consent.

Having a safeword and ever using it is cheating.

Having limits makes you a bad sub or slave..

logging out of rlv is cheating..

safewording in the middle of a punishment or scene is cheating and sign of a bad sub or slave.

and the list could go on and on and on and on...

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 1

Yes the Cornfield was real...I knew someone who was sent there for a week for being naughty 😃 Apparently a Linden would come in and hang around and talk to them each day. It was inactive for a while and then opened to all residents one Halloween with Torley doing a guided tour ☺️

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’ve been to The Cornfield...but only on a visit when it was open...there was a game of some kind going on IIRC

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

It was inactive for a while and then opened to all residents one Halloween with Torley doing a guided tour ☺️

I'd forgotten that it was opened up for visits! So, I guess I did know it was real!

Weird thing.

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Because I’m never bad. 😈 

Uh huh. Sure.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

You can make rlv uncheatable/inescapable/permament..

Semi-true.  There was a variant of RLV that did remove the ability to turn it off to escape.

you can use hypnosis to turn anyone into your sub or slave against their consent.

Nope.  I'm a hypnotist, and I can tell you that's not possible. Lots of people have fun roleplaying it though.

Dom/Masters have the right to ignore safewords or break limits without consent.

Sure.  And subs have the right to escape such gits.

Dom/Masters have the right to say you cant have safewords or limits.

See above.

Dom/Masters have the right push limits without consent.

See above.

Having a safeword and ever using it is cheating.

Uh...no.

Having limits makes you a bad sub or slave..

Nope.

logging out of rlv is cheating..

Possibly.  You really ought to discuss and agree on The Rules before getting into a D/s relationship.

safewording in the middle of a punishment or scene is cheating and sign of a bad sub or slave.

No.  That's what a safeword is FOR. Although I've never really seen the need for safewords in SL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Although I've never really seen the need for safewords in SL.

I can think of dozens of occasions in SL, none of them involving BDSM, where I wanted a word that would magically make what I was seeing / hearing / reading magically stop and go away.

Safewords: Not just for breakfast anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

just because you cannot turn it off in the client doesn't make it uncheatable, there are ways to make it break. plus you could just log out and then into a non-rlv viewer. there is a fulltime rlv viewers yes, that cannot be turned off, but that is not permanent or inescapable nor can it really be made so. there is always a way out if needed.

true, you cannot be made to do anything against your will, but there are some people that try and make others think you can be through subtle or covert hypnosis methods. I have studied hypnosis for nearly 30 years off and on.

totally agree, which is why i put it there. but lots of people get fooled into believing those doms that make the claims its their right to act in such manners.

there are many groups and doms that claim having or using a safeword is cheating. safewords are a basic tenant of bdsm.

been told by a few would be dumbinants that was not allowed to have limits or have and use a safeword without their permission first or meant was not a true sub.

agree, should always discuss and negotiate the rules and the reasons why or why not its acceptable and when to ever log out of rlv, not a lot of people do though.

there are doms in some groups that say if you use a safeword or need one your trash and garbage as a sub/slave. i have encountered several before. hence why i posted it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I can think of dozens of occasions in SL, none of them involving BDSM, where I wanted a word that would magically make what I was seeing / hearing / reading magically stop and go away.

Safewords: Not just for breakfast anymore.

thats called the mute button. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.