Previewing Animations in secondlife?

Frawmusl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if there is a viewer in which you can preview an animation in-world before you upload it? I have imprudence, which I know lets you do sculpts... Is there one for animations? Or both(Sculpts+Animations)?

Another trick to tuck away and remember is that you can get on the 'Beta Grid' where they give you a bit of money now and then so you can effectively upload animations for free.  If you play with Phoenix there's a little pull down next to your names for 'Grid' and you just pick 'secondlife_beta'.  When I used to play with Snowglobe or 1.23 it was called 'Aditi'.  Don't know how any other viewers get there but it can't be too difficult.

I go there when there's couples or group arrangements I have to work with or several poseballs and other wacky devices that need to be stuck together and a 'preview' on the main grid just isn't enough.

Enjoy, and good luck.

Hi ppl!

I think this is the just one thing that really irritates me from LLs viewers.. emrerald already inculded the inworld previews but LL seems to want to stick to that awfull, preistoric preview window. My guess on why they do that is because they want those miserable 10L that u spend everytime that you upload a bad pose or anim that looked fairly good on their preview. Well, anyhow, I wish that one day the adopt this great feature that now you can enjoy on phoenix (infact, the feature is not great, is just what it should be).

Cause, LL, I use your viwer2, dont make me change, i dont want to, so make it right, please.

Lanas, the Lab named the beta grid Aditi, as they named the main grid Agni. You should be able to log in to Aditi with any viewer, although some may have that option a little bit hidden. Logging in the beta grid is not a bad idea at all and might be a solution, at least so that u dont have to throw your Ls away, but its not my solution, that wicked preview window is still there and its usless, outphased and looks like they are treating animations as second category.

They should uprgad it V2 style with well explained options and inworld previews. Oh!, and the expresion option stinks right now( lol, even more than the window itself..) It would be cool, if they did in that same window a little animation map for the face, so you could time your facial expresions with the gesture or complete anim, i think thats not asking too much.

Cause if I have to ask, I would ask them to completely bring some kind of Qavimator Inworld, cause that would be just the best thing they could do, alwyas IMHO, cause I think this should come even before mesh, its long overdue. I guess they dont do it because they want our uploading money...

And here ends my rant.

Hi, it would be nice to have a full size animation preview in vanilla viewers, but you do not have to eat the cost of failed uploads. You can always experiment on the preview grid, the Aditi L$ are not real so it is free to test there. If you need your current inventory over there for prop tests, change your regular SL password, and an update for Aditi should be triggered in a day or so.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.