Everything is tinted blue

ZuriHartley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

This happened to me today. I have AMD Radeon RX 570 and tried turning off ALM before logging-in according to this thread and it worked temporarily but what really resolved the issue for good was downloading drivers from the official site: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

fs_amd [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

I'm having the same issue and tried to post to the JIRA as Dan requested, but it keeps throwing a Communications error every time I try to submit it. Tucking the information in here for now and will try to post to the JIRA again later.

These are my specs:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.1034.6
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13596 Compatibility Profile Context 20.10.35.02 27.20.1034.6

What's unusual is that the viewer snapshot function captures the colours as they actually should be. I had to take a screenshot to show the viewer anomaly. (See below).

I first noticed something off on the login screen where some of the buttons were blue. I was surprised to log in and find that the entire inworld environment had this gorgeous blue hue. No red tints at all. It's actually a gorgeous bug, though not practical longterm 😏

Alchemy.

SCREENSHOT SHOWING ANOMALY

Screenshot-2021-01-13-InworldTintedBlue_002.thumb.jpg.79ef64745e4f7d0bb17074f2fbe95454.jpg

SNAPSHOT TAKEN USING VIEWER CAPTURES COLOURS AS THEY SHOULD BE

Snapshot-2021-01-13-InworldTintedBlue_002.thumb.jpg.efdf9d195aa9b458e8177c7bf8d5021e.jpg

• Sad 1

Since i updated Firestorm i have been hoping they could fix this ~ i am blue and so not technical ~ i do not even know were advanced lighting is. I just want it the way it was and changing quick preferences i am so miss the precision sun slider and not getting the same clarity in light at all with this whole moon and sun display all over my screen (although it looks pretty lol) kind regards Amber 

52 minutes ago, AmberWildcool said:

Since i updated Firestorm i have been hoping they could fix this ~ i am blue and so not technical ~ i do not even know were advanced lighting is. I just want it the way it was and changing quick preferences i am so miss the precision sun slider and not getting the same clarity in light at all with this whole moon and sun display all over my screen (although it looks pretty lol) kind regards Amber 

Advanced lighting is in preferences under graphics.  Just untick the box.

Shaders:

Transparent water: Allows water to look transparent instead of opaque. Enable this (if it isn't already) if you exeprience glowing water while wearing rigged mesh.

Bump mapping and shiny: Enables the rendering of shiny and bump mapped surfaces.

Local Lights: Globally enables/disables local lights.

Atmospheric shaders: Enables advanced atmospheric and lighting.

Advanced Lighting Model: Check this to allow shadows, materials, and other features to be enabled. Note that enabling this can cause instability and performance issues; click here for known specifics. For more how shadows behave, see this SL wiki page.

Ambient occlusion: Checking this enables more realistic shadows; the stability and performance note above also applies here.

• Like 1

If the it's a driver issue then my question is this. Why would the web page portion of it also be blue?

image.thumb.png.7061258f284c218895dab035ab56989c.png

The reason I am asking is because my wife is having this issue right now and she's been using the same driver for a minute now and has the most updated drivers from what she can tell. I basically had her scale the settings all the way down and all it did was make me look green she said, but pretty sure she didn't have me set to always render on that one. She still had the blue tint while in game. All of the above recommendations have already been tried except rolling back the driver because she's been using the same driver for a minute now and it is the last updated one for he card. She has a Radeon RX 580 Series and I have a AMD Radeon HD5450 which is a much older card and I have had no issues with this. I had her test several other games we play and there are no graphical issues what so ever. Generally when SL suffers graphical issues it's when your actually logged in to game. So I am not understanding why the web page portion itself which should not have anything to do with your GPU would even be blue at all. I could be wrong, but it is looking to me like something is broken on server side and no real fix for it. I'm open to suggestions though. Thanks in advance.😎

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

If the it's a driver issue then my question is this. Why would the web page portion of it also be blue?

image.thumb.png.7061258f284c218895dab035ab56989c.png

The reason I am asking is because my wife is having this issue right now and she's been using the same driver for a minute now and has the most updated drivers from what she can tell. I basically had her scale the settings all the way down and all it did was make me look green she said, but pretty sure she didn't have me set to always render on that one. She still had the blue tint while in game. All of the above recommendations have already been tried except rolling back the driver because she's been using the same driver for a minute now and it is the last updated one for he card. She has a Radeon RX 580 Series and I have a AMD Radeon HD5450 which is a much older card and I have had no issues with this. I had her test several other games we play and there are no graphical issues what so ever. Generally when SL suffers graphical issues it's when your actually logged in to game. So I am not understanding why the web page portion itself which should not have anything to do with your GPU would even be blue at all. I could be wrong, but it is looking to me like something is broken on server side and no real fix for it. I'm open to suggestions though. Thanks in advance.😎

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_amd

If you read, It's actually the newest driver update and only an issue with firestorm.  Some computers have automatic updates so if her problem just started, that may be why.  That screen is also not the SL webpage but the firestorm log in screen.

The link provide does tell you which driver update was the buggy one so roll to the last one that worked correctly for.her.

If she doesn't want to do that, she can try turning off Advanced Lighting in preferences/graphics log out and back in.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_amd

If you read, It's actually the newest driver update and only an issue with firestorm.  Some computers have automatic updates so if her problem just started, that may be why.  That screen is also not the SL webpage but the firestorm log in screen.

The link provide does tell you which driver update was the buggy one so roll to the last one that worked correctly for.her.

If she doesn't want to do that, she can try turning off Advanced Lighting in preferences/graphics log out and back in.

Well I was under the impression it links to the FS web page and not the SL one just for clarification. I've just never seen any graphical issues present themselves at a log in screen period regardless if it links to any web page or not. lol I sent her all the information you all had dropped in here and the link to this thread. From what I know she checked her application for the card and it told her the driver was up to date and didn't show that it had been updated recently. Because it was late for her she had to call it a night and so I just set her up on Singularity in the meant time while we were talking on Discord as a back up viewer until she has time to sort it out on her end. For all we know it's probably like you said and maybe Windows just updated it and didn't tell her. She usually has a message or notice or something on it. She plans on checking it out tomorrow after work. I figured I'd ask in the mean time, but best she can tell it didn't update or change on her. I'll just have to look more in to it with her later when she is off. Like I said I've never seen a log in screen have graphical issues. Realistically there is no reason it should have that I am aware of so it makes me wonder about why it did. It peeked my curiosity basically. lol Anyway thanks for the help mate. I appreciate it.😎

I do wanna say this though because it's not only FS viewer with this issue. I mean the OP seems to be having issues with more then one viewer with it. So it would seem to me more like a hot fix is in order rather then people needing to jump threw hoops hoping to fix the problem. Software should be compatible with the oldest on up to the latest drivers. Not the other way around. lol Even if someone has to roll back that's just a temporary fix. It can cause issues for them with other games requiring them to keep them up to date. That's just my opinion though.😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:44 AM, LittleLadyLovecraft said:

I'm using my new laptop I bought earlier this month which also has AMD Radeon. Toggling ALM on and off did nothing on both the SL and firestorm viewer. I went to my device manager and tried to rollback the driver update but it's grayed out. (Almost brand new laptop maybe?) I'm worried I'll install the old driver incorrectly if I pull it from the website and mess up my brand new computer. Are there any third party viewers that will work? Maybe switching to 32bit rather than 64bit?

EDIT: I went to AMD Support page, downloaded Radeon Adrenalin, ran it, let it auto detect my chipset, and downloaded all suggested driver updates, and then restarted my pc. Everything works now, and I can even have ALM enabled. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The AMD Adrenaline download worked for me. I was feeling blue but now I'm happy again (see what I did there) 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Lindens
On 2/5/2021 at 8:55 PM, Bigdaddie Mumfuzz said:

Unchecking the ALM option used to work for me but now it doesn't anymore. Manually installing the 11.2 driver didn't help either.

Please file a Bug at jira.secondlife.com and also attach a screenshot to the bug with the More > Attach files button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.