Everything is tinted blue

ZuriHartley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i haven't seen that blue before but it might be a avatar hardware skinning problem

with Linden viewer then: menu: Me \ Preferences \ Graphics \ Advanced Settings \ Shaders \ Local Lights \ Avatar Hardware skinning

try toggling this off and on and see what happens

I figured it out i have to turn of ALM, and it works fine. Thank you 

• Like 1

I'm using my new laptop I bought earlier this month which also has AMD Radeon. Toggling ALM on and off did nothing on both the SL and firestorm viewer. I went to my device manager and tried to rollback the driver update but it's grayed out. (Almost brand new laptop maybe?) I'm worried I'll install the old driver incorrectly if I pull it from the website and mess up my brand new computer. Are there any third party viewers that will work? Maybe switching to 32bit rather than 64bit?

EDIT: I went to AMD Support page, downloaded Radeon Adrenalin, ran it, let it auto detect my chipset, and downloaded all suggested driver updates, and then restarted my pc. Everything works now, and I can even have ALM enabled. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. 

Edited by LittleLadyLovecraft
Workaround Found
  • Like 4

i haven't seen that blue before but it might be a avatar hardware skinning problem

with Linden viewer then: menu: Me \ Preferences \ Graphics \ Advanced Settings \ Shaders \ Local Lights \ Avatar Hardware skinning

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

It's also odd that the parcel perms at the top that are normally red are also blue.

14 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

That is most likely a gpu driver issue.  I have seen this behavior with my old AMD gpu. You may want to see if you have the latest graphics driver update. 

How to I see if my graphics card Is up to date, I have the HP OMEN  computer 

2 hours ago, ZuriHartley said:

How to I see if my graphics card Is up to date, I have the HP OMEN  computer 

Zuri, open your SL viewer.  At the top, click Help > About.  This will give you a page that lists your system specs.  Note the graphics card information.  It will say Nvidia GeForce, or AMD/Radeon, or (less likely) Intel HDxxxx.  If it says Nvidia, go to https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

If it says AMD/Radeon, go to https://www.amd.com/en/support

In either case, follow the instructions on the appropriate page to download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card. Both companies have a companion software application that will, in the future, advise you of new driver updates and make installation almost automatic.

• Thanks 1

Assuming you run Windows...

Open the Device Manager. Look for Display Adapters. Open it and then right-click your adapter and select Properties. Next click the Update Driver button... or you can look at the driver version number and compare it to the manufactures version number on their website.

I received a new laptop today and I am having the same problem! I updated my graphics driver before downloading Firestorm. I have turned graphics to low and turned off Advanced Lighting and it's still happening. It's not just my view in SL, but it's the buttons on firestorm/the log in screen too. Does anyone have any advice?

Edit: I have downloaded Singularity viewer and it seems to be fine. 

Edited by Florence Reverie

• Lindens

I'd like to get more information about which video card driver(s) is affected. If you're seeing blue, please post the following 3 lines from your Help > About Second Life:
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.11044.7
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13596 Compatibility Profile Context 20.10.44 27.20.11044.7

(This is from https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229727) 

Cameron, I have an AMD chip and started having the same problem on Friday December 11th.  AMD issued a new graphics driver (radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.12.1-win10-64bit-dec8.exe) on December 8th.  I suspect that is the problem, I am trying a reinstall now.

The older version (radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.11.2-win10-64bit-nov18.exe) was issued on Nov. 8th and wasn't causing any issues.  You may need to roll back a version instead of installing the latest version.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, Dan Linden said:

I'd like to get more information about which video card driver(s) is affected. If you're seeing blue, please post the following 3 lines from your Help > About Second Life:
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.11044.7
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13596 Compatibility Profile Context 20.10.44 27.20.11044.7

(This is from https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229727) 

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 10 Graphics

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.20.11044.0007

OpenGL Version: 4.6.13596 Compatibility Profile Context 20.10.44 27.20.11044.7

On 12/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, Dan Linden said:

@ZuriHartleyCan you paste in the 2 lines for "Windows Graphics Driver Version:" and "OpenGL Version:" from Help > About Second Life ?

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 20.19.15.4963
OpenGL Version: 4.6.13596 Compatibility Profile Context 20.10.35.02 27.20.1034.6

Same problem for me. I only get the blue tint when I have ALM turned on BEFORE loading the viewer, otherwise everything is fine.

I can open graphics during the blue login screen with ctrl+p and go to Graphics tab, turn Advanced Lighting Model off. Press OK. Close viewer entirely. Re-run it and all's fine.

I can even turn ALM on in-game with no ill effect, I just can't START the viewer with it on.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.