Land question...

Kairo Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought a 27,264 sqm plot and somehow I did not see that someone owns a 64sqm in the direct middle of it. I tried to contact the guy asking if he'd sale however, he hasn't been on in over a year (Per a group he is in). Is there anyway around getting that small piece?? I wish I would have seen before buying. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Kairo Kiyori said:

I recently bought a 27,264 sqm plot and somehow I did not see that someone owns a 64sqm in the direct middle of it. I tried to contact the guy asking if he'd sale however, he hasn't been on in over a year (Per a group he is in). Is there anyway around getting that small piece?? I wish I would have seen before buying. 

contact support .. but if the account is still active in the meaning of paying you might not have a lot of luck.
With a bit of luck however... the microparcel scams, as you possibly found is a nuisance LL might help. It can be not on purpose if it's a old parcel and not for sale.. previous owners might have joined parcels so it ended in the middle.

This thing happened a lot in the past.. a nice parcel, not too expensive, and in the middle (making it nearly un usable) a 16x16 parcel for sale at a huge amount... so you had to buy it and let the owner go wit a lot more money than you planned to spend.

• Like 1

you can file a support request to Linden under what is referred to as the "donut" rule.  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Mainland_policies

the "donut" rule is under the heading: Policy prohibiting land-cutting: "We therefore may, in our sole discretion, move any parcel of land that is smaller than or equal to 128 sqm where such land is interfering with the enjoyment of a significantly larger parcel of land or region."

this is not to say that current owner of the 64m is a land-cutter. Just that if the owner of the 64m is not using the parcel then Linden under the rule can cut a 64m from the edge of your current parcel assigning ownership to the 64m owner and give you title to the "donut" hole in your parcel

edit add: What Linden won't do is dispossess the 64m owner of the parcel completely and give it to you. They will do a parcel swap. Edge for donut hole. Assuming that is that the 64m parcel is covered by tier payments

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 3

Depending on how you build around it, it could be a feature, not a nuisance.  What's on it, at the moment?  Is it just blank land?  A single tree?  Turn it into a park in the middle of your land.  A small building?  Joke about how Mr. Smith refused to sell his land to the big developer, so they build the mall around his house.  There are ways to have fun with this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Depending on how you build around it, it could be a feature, not a nuisance.  What's on it, at the moment?  Is it just blank land?  A single tree?  Turn it into a park in the middle of your land.  A small building?  Joke about how Mr. Smith refused to sell his land to the big developer, so they build the mall around his house.  There are ways to have fun with this.

Indeed. If it's just blank land, I'd probably try to simply ignore its existence and encroach on it, only keeping in mind that no linkset can be rooted on it. Of course that's assuming, in addition to being empty, it has permissive parcel access settings for avatars.

Worst case, I'd just build around it so it's a hollow part of a structure. Back during the adfarm wars, the Lab's more revanchist Governance faction invented a hokey rule that required open access to at least one side of a microparcel's perimeter. I doubt the current lot would repeat that absurdity, and surely not unless the microparcel owner reports abuse, which seems unlikely in this case.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:25 PM, Kairo Kiyori said:

If he hasn't been on for over a year there's higher chance of them selling, just tell the guy you would offer for him to stay for free (so he pays no outgoings) 

All you need to do is to make other side 'feel' like they got something to gain.

And just ask him to inform you if he decides to perma quit one day. At least you have the land in your pocket. You cannot trust random neighbours buying, I have three sims and one sim had mid carved out that's used by a farm after the previous guy decided to call it quits and sold it to those isolationist farms 

Edited by iamyourneighbour

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.