PSA videos and other excitement

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Share something that you think changes the way you can see, understand, or experience the world. Help distribute a little more positive future with a curated video or other content, one item per post please.  What's getting you excited?

😹

Edited by Chroma Starlight
what is time, anyway?
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Well, you did say "...something that you think changes the way you can see, understand, at or experience the world."  Scripters deal with rotations every time we have to open a door or make a vehicle change direction, and this one concept is a key to understanding how they work... 

OK, so it's wee bit wonky .... 🤓

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Well, you did say "...something that you think changes the way you can see, understand, at or experience the world."  Scripters deal with rotations every time we have to open a door or make a vehicle change direction, and this one concept is a key to understanding how they work... 

OK, so it's wee bit wonky .... 🤓

Tune in tomorrow and find out how to multiply quaternions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I started years ago almost scoffing the idea of building an ambitious spacecraft out under the open sky like a shipyard when they started and the first prototypes weren't much to look at. Now it's starting to really feel like these guys are determined to make civilization on Earth the interplanetary space-faring kind, how about that. It makes me wonder what other dreams might suddenly come to fruition?

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1

it just amazes me when we send something out into space and get close to these amazing planets..

I was just watching this on Cassini's final images.. Seeing  such a clear image of the storm on Jupiter and then Saturns rings and moons and clouds and just everything..

I had to share it..

Something from here ended up there.. To me that's amazing still..

• Like 3

On 10/27/2020 at 12:40 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

it just amazes me when we send something out into space and get close to these amazing planets..

I was just watching this on Cassini's final images.. Seeing  such a clear image of the storm on Jupiter and then Saturns rings and moons and clouds and just everything..

I had to share it..

Something from here ended up there.. To me that's amazing still..

Just remember that a lot of the most spectacular images of the reentry shown in this video are not real, but an artist's concept animation

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Just remember that a lot of the most spectacular images of the reentry shown in this video are not real, but an artist's concept animation

Yea, they stopped taking images to be able to collect as much data as they could while it entered..Some that were really amazing were taken by Cassini, not all but some..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.