You notice people disappearing from your town.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

ageism

Ā  Ā To be attracted to people of a certain age group isn't 'ageism', just as being less or more attracted to certain ethnicities isn't 'racism'. Are you suggesting it should be brought so far as that people shouldn't be allowed to choose their partners because they may not be inclusive enough?Ā 

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ā  Ā To be attracted to people of a certain age group isn't 'ageism', just as being less or more attracted to certain ethnicities isn't 'racism'. Are you suggesting it should be brought so far as that people shouldn't be allowed to choose their partners because they may not be inclusive enough?Ā 

In SL one has to work very hard not to appear to be somewhere between 16 and 28 if one has a female appearing avatar. Almost the same for males, but the older options are out there without such a difficult search.

16 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Depends, if she is the sexy looking type i would ask her out for a date, iĀ  am sure we can talk it over but if shes one of those fugly witches on menopause i would just put my earbuds on, get my motorcycle and go for a ride.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Such a troll, referencing a 24 year old movie,Ā sexism ANDĀ ageism in a ā€˜just for funā€™ thread? Shame on you! You do realize that Fairuza is 46, now right?

The biggest issue, Nick -- lest you take consolation in the suggestion that someone is trying to force you to go out with a "fugly witch on menopause" -- is less your preferences, than the truly obnoxious and unpleasant language that you're using to describe it.

Although . . . given that I rather suspect that you are no spring chicken yourself, I'm guessing your preferences are pretty moot in reality.

No matter, in SL everyone is young and pretty! And there's no menopause here to harsh your buzz! What a wonderful world, eh?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

Just now, Gatogateau said:

In SL one has to work very hard not to appear to be somewhere between 16 and 28 if one has a female appearing avatar.

Ā  Ā To be fair, it's my opinion that everyoneĀ shouldĀ put very hard work into their avatar regardless of what they want to appear like. Especially now with BOM it's easy enough to 'rough up' your otherwise pristine skin - I'm pretty sure Izzie's has just about anything you could think of.

Ā  Ā Also, they've done a remake of The Witches?! Loved that film when I was little.Ā 

20 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ā  Ā To be fair, it's my opinion that everyoneĀ shouldĀ put very hard work into their avatar regardless of what they want to appear like. Especially now with BOM it's easy enough to 'rough up' your otherwise pristine skin - I'm pretty sure Izzie's has just about anything you could think of.

Ā  Ā Also, they've done a remake of The Witches?! Loved that film when I was little.Ā 

Mostly agree, except not with the emphasis on "should". There can be legit reasons why someone doesn't spend the time or $$$ on an avatar. Izzie's does have a lot of wrinkle and spot options but I find they are too much. I just had this conversation with someone. I'm just as hypocritical as everyone else. I like my Dom to look like they have a few years of experience behind them. They don't have to be full on old fart, but some nice eye crinkles or something. A little gray at the temples. (Btw, if anyone knows of a MALE hair base that has gray temples, please pass that along! I searched and searched Mkt place and found only ONE that looked like a possibility.)Ā  Seicher, though, looks to be in her mid-twenties and I don't plan on changing that. I generally like the way Seicher looks, although depending on makeup and hair sometimes she can look a bit TOO young.Ā  I have, with a bit of ageist protest in mind, tried to age Seicher up and it never goes well.

I have no idea about The Witches. :)

36 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I wasnā€™t saying theyĀ shouldnā€™t be attracted to whomever they are attracted to, thatā€™s completely their preference and Iā€™m all for it. Personal preferences are just that, personal.
Devaluing peopleĀ using dismissive,Ā pejorativeĀ language because they are old (or young), ugly (or pretty) isĀ my issue.Ā 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ā 

The biggest issue, Nick -- lest you take consolation in the suggestion that someone is trying to force you to go out with a "fugly witch on menopause" -- is less your preferences, than the truly obnoxious and unpleasant language that you're using to describe it.

Although . . . given that I rather suspect that you are no spring chicken yourself, I'm guessing your preferences are pretty moot in reality.

No matter, in SL everyone is young and pretty! And there's no menopause here to harsh your buzz! What a wonderful world, eh?

Oh gawd. I'm loathe to do this, considering the things I have seen Nick post in the past, but... I read his comment about fugly witch on menopause differently (I think). The traditional witch is depicted as ugly, with overgrown chin, moles with hairs, hooked nose, claws... a fugly witch. They also tend to be old, so "on menopause" (what, not after? just during?). So I took him to mean just the stereotypical ugly old witch hag.

BUT, since I have read his past remarks, I won't swear to my reading being accurate. *He* tends to make my skin crawl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

In SL one has to work very hard not to appear to be somewhere between 16 and 28 if one has a female appearing avatar. Almost the same for males, but the older options are out there without such a difficult search.

There are some very unique halloween avatar concepts these days in SL . This one for example.
Amazing concept if you ask me so it really has to do with how far someones imagination can go when it comes to creativity and pass the boundaries of the usual human looking avatars.

50365626538_b5ee12277b_k.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Nick0678 said:
There are some very unique halloween avatar concepts these days in SL . This one for example.
Amazing concept if you ask me so it really has to do with how far someones imagination can go when it comes to creativity and pass the boundaries of the usual human looking avatars.

50365626538_b5ee12277b_k.jpg

Agreed, although I was talking about avatars in general and not Halloween avatars/costumes.Ā  Excellent photo btw, especially the dead bird hanging.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Devaluing peopleĀ using dismissive,Ā pejorativeĀ language [...]

Ā  Ā ... Is perhaps not the most exquisite form of communication, but neither is slapping people with '-ism-stickers' the second you disagree with them. I don't intend on defending the offending statement as I frankly don't care all that much myself - but your rhetoric is in line with the type of correctness jargon that is perhaps the most divisive issue of not just political discourse, but is genuinely damaging to both businesses and private persons through its invasive near-omnipresence through the modern reliance on social medias.Ā 

Ā  Ā I'd even argue that your accusations were just as damnably devaluing as the statement that offended you so, as its purpose is to defame the person through sticking a title on them that's supposed to undermine not just their person, but the validity of their opinions and their right to speak their mind.

Ā  Ā Now allow me to reprimand you in the manner one would a small child, as that appears the most appropriateĀ approach to your ilk: you're not going to stop people from being contemptible through being contemptible yourself.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ā Now allow me to reprimand you in the manner one would a small child, as that appears the most appropriateĀ approach to your ilk: you're not going to stop people from being contemptible through being contemptible yourself.

And in so doing, you just did the same thing that you are chastising. And nope, other than this comment I'm not getting drawn into a food fight over this.

34f6d9988f3fbea147ce41b88075ad6a.jpg

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gatogateau said:

And in so doing, you just did the same thing that you are chastising.

Ā  Ā With the obvious exception that I never claimed to be anything but contemptible?Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I probably should have left the ā€˜ismā€™ words at the door, theyā€™ve really become too much of a red flag and a dog whistle and people have used them far too often to belittle or demean someoneā€™s validĀ opinion or preference, thatā€™s very accurate. Thatā€™s on me. That was not my intention. Iā€™m very much in favor of everyone honoring their feelings and preferences and expressing them freelyĀ in their own choices. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with wishing to date a person whom they find sexy.Ā 

But there was no need at all to negativelyĀ reference ā€˜a fugly witch on menopauseā€™ when that damning stereotype has actually cost women their lives in the pastĀ so yes, I doĀ take exception to it.Ā 
Iā€™d also have a similarĀ negative reaction if the subjectĀ was reversed and the ā€˜dirty old manā€™ or ā€˜young horn dogā€™ phrases were leveraged dismissivelyĀ against a manĀ though so thereā€™s that as well. I have considered your words butĀ asĀ far as a reprimand, well I donā€™t really accept those from strangers so Iā€™ll respectfully decline yours too.Ā 

• Like 4

Get some dummies or mannequinsĀ and put them on aĀ conveyor beltĀ near the witch's house.

Witch tries to zap them into pumpkins - doesn't work because they're not real!

Witch thinks people are now immune and goes to another town and we all have pumpkin soup until we're sickĀ šŸŽƒ

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 2:01 PM, Fauve Aeon said:

Such a troll, referencing a 24 year old movie,Ā sexism ANDĀ ageism in a ā€˜just for funā€™ thread? Shame on you! You do realize that Fairuza is 46, now right?Ā 

And still as sexy as ever.Ā 

@OP I would invite her in for a cuppa and discuss what ritual she would be doing in a few days, see if she would be inclined to having some extra voices involved. Show her my altar and crystal collection. Oh and my wonderful herb garden.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:10 PM, Fauve Aeon said:

I probably should have left the ā€˜ismā€™ words at the door, theyā€™ve really become too much of a red flag and a dog whistle and people have used them far too often to belittle or demean someoneā€™s validĀ opinion or preference, thatā€™s very accurate. Thatā€™s on me. That was not my intention. Iā€™m very much in favor of everyone honoring their feelings and preferences and expressing them freelyĀ in their own choices. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with wishing to date a person whom they find sexy.Ā 

But there was no need at all to negativelyĀ reference ā€˜a fugly witch on menopauseā€™ when that damning stereotype has actually cost women their lives in the pastĀ so yes, I doĀ take exception to it.Ā 
Iā€™d also have a similarĀ negative reaction if the subjectĀ was reversed and the ā€˜dirty old manā€™ or ā€˜young horn dogā€™ phrases were leveraged dismissivelyĀ against a manĀ though so thereā€™s that as well. I have considered your words butĀ asĀ far as a reprimand, well I donā€™t really accept those from strangers so Iā€™ll respectfully decline yours too.Ā 

Witch isms were they? I just got here..

hehehe

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.