Any chance of Animation Update with the new shift to cloud?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is my understanding that with the shift to the cloud will come a severe uplift in network capability and general server power.

A huge immersion breaker in Second Life is the fact that it's using a 17 year old BVH animation system. With the update, is it possible we could be looking at something more sensible, like potentially synced server-side animations, at least for the "original" avatar skeleton?

This game would benefit from root-motion animations and IK/scripted animation movement (i.e. motion driven by animation and IK), and I'd love to see my Avatars be able to interact with the world around them, rather than slipping by like a metaphysical ghost that doesn't actually exist doing awkward motions that don't make any sense at all relative to their position and surroundings.

I think it would really be the key to next-level immersion in Second Life. We have advanced looking avatars, but they're rather lackluster in their inability to even turn and walk with any sense of purpose whatsoever. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.