SAFE HUBS WITH NO VOICE?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!

6SEEXIDOL9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 

Whhy? I know they are norty but they where fun to hang out in and see what unfolds lol. Where can we go for this now? Where do you safe hoobers hang?! they was so funny.

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 

Edited by 6SEEXIDOL9
  • Like 2

Here’s a solution, if someone doesn’t like hearing people act like juvenile delinquents, don’t hang around voice enabled safe hubs full of people acting like juvenile delinquents with microphones. Limit voice to one or two, and everyone knows where to go and where not to go. 

Bring voice back to Arapaima!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sassy Kenin said:

It was turned off due to griefing and extensive complaints by residents of abuse, since a solution outside its removal has not come along then it's absence may be an extended period of time.(not anytime soon)

seeing the history of post from this person, it's not impossible it's one of the reasons why it was removed

12 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

seeing the history of post from this person, it's not impossible it's one of the reasons why it was removed

I don't know him or his manners. But he doesn't look like somebody how was raised in a barn. 

On 10/23/2020 at 12:28 AM, 6SEEXIDOL9 said:

?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!

Wait. What was the question again? It's like one of these Safe Hubs where I can't hear myself think because of all the loud voices in there.

• Haha 1

As far as I can tell, most only serve one purpose.  They give the service a place to deposit you that matches your rating setting in preferences when the location you attempt to login to is unavailable.  This should help prevent you from accidentally violating region content restrictions during outages.

And that is where safe appears to end.  I prefer voice to be disabled in these areas to reduce the congestion caused by the people that would congregate there to use and abuse voice chat, and to reduce network load on people that get redirected.  The people that want to hang out and voice chat could be provided locations that won’t get body-bombed by redirected avatars during service events.

• Like 3

Safe hubs are not necessarily hang outs, but more of a "drop you here in the event the region you were in is no longer available", which provides residents with a "safe" area to log into without worry of violating rules because of how they are currently dressed. Voice was turned off due to often disruptive content that upset residents.

If you want to hang out on mainland with voice, consider using one of the designated hang out spots on mainland. Knowing that a majority of people hung out in Zindra safe hubs, here is some Zindra hangout spots (Also because I only often visit Zindra and know all the locations there):

Although not intended for being a hang out, there is also this unused region: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Marafi/149/137/64

And people seem to have moved here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gilda/205/2/64

There is also this dimple of land that is slightly underwater: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zindra Ocean/167/211/64

Edited by Chaser Zaks

11 minutes ago, animats said:

The vacant shops in the mall have all been acquired by one of the larger landlords. The price has been raised. The shops remain vacant.

Oh, I was referring to the mall in Mosh South, which doubled as the adult welcome area(which is also no longer used). The area north of that is the mall that is used. They never opened the mall south of it, despite setting up parcels and everything:

image.png.a17915efad990003c3573ea02a2289d8.png

Honestly, it could be set up as yet another safe hub. Never can have enough safe hubs, especially during rolling restarts.

Edited by Chaser Zaks

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.