Newbie Struggles

Soaping

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a month or so in but face the harshness of not being able to pay for lindens, I am unwell in real life and share the pc with three other people and am unable to get a job in SL due to the little time i have to spend online.

I own the free strong genus mesh head but the rest of me is classic avatar

Although it seems like a shot in the dark i'd like to request help from other second life users.

I'd appreciate any and all help provided to me

https://my.secondlife.com/soaping/#about_tab

Edited by Soaping
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Soaping said:

I'm a month or so in but face the harshness of not being able to pay for lindens, I am unwell in real life and share the pc with three other people and am unable to get a job in SL due to the little time i have to spend online.

Although it seems like a shot in the dark i'd like to request help from other second life users.

The Mesh Project still has their older classic mesh body for 1L as far as I know.  Also, there are free gifts at many stores if you join the group.  Some are free to join.  There are several blogs featuring free items.  One of the oldest ones I'm aware of is FabFree-Fabulously Free in SL.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

The Mesh Project still has their older classic mesh body for 1L as far as I know.  Also, there are free gifts at many stores if you join the group.  Some are free to join.  There are several blogs featuring free items.  One of the oldest ones I'm aware of is FabFree-Fabulously Free in SL.  

They did, at least as recently as July 30th.

• Like 1

If you are looking for a free mesh body look up Lucybody http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Coral Reef/23/40/2003 it's available through a midnight mania board, don't worry about the board not reaching it's target it will give everyone that clicks the body at midnight SLT. Clothing & footwear wise it's compatible with Maitreya (clothes/boots)/Slink (shoes) with more extensive alpha cuts in it's HUD it's about L$200 if you want the add-on to make it BoM. you won't have any trouble finding free and very cheap clothes and shoes that fit it

• Like 4

Edit: oops, my bad - I pasted the wrong link to the wrong thing, not a freebie. My apologies. 

I also did not catch on to the tags *sigh*. Granted, it’s more subtle than most but any form of begging for $L is a big no-no here @Soaping - no matter how politely you phrase it. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon

Greetings Soaping,

when you have time check out this blog, it gives alot of information about places with free items. There is also information about which events and hunts are giving away gifts.

https://fabfree.wordpress.com/

this might also help you:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Ruth-20-BoM-Bento-Mesh-Body-w-Alpha-HUD/18832067

Kind Regards,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine Carissa
to include additional information
  • Like 1

I am forever harping on how important it is to get yourself a Flickr account. Most designers post their new releases there , and will often host giveaway there too. Additionally, there are entire groups dedicated to advertising/showing off freebies. One bit of news I came across  there yesterday was that it seems Logo is releasing two new BOM compatible heads  (a male and female )for their 15 year anniversary ( WOW!) that will be FREE for a limited amount of time. I believe they become available as of tomorrow (Oct 23,2020) You can read more about it at their official Get Logoed flickr. I would add a link, but still unsure about which ones are frowned on and count as advertising although I am not associated with any brands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Soaping said:

97ab89f88e81f1806faa30be9f232fe87c5ed211f18215d4415918d8f0523c3f.jpg

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Elmer Bellisserian said:

I've sent you a message in-world. Please let me know if you need any more help or guidance. 😄

Yes, she's looking for a sugar daddy and someone to buy her stuff.  But if that's your thing, alrighty. She used the tags, not me. 

Edited by RowanMinx

53 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Well for crying out loud.  I just saw this in the tags she used so all this free help is pointless?

2a8c68a2bec1595c1e95500fcc4b6918.png

It's akin to a vagabond begging for help and then refusing offers of food and clothes when they really want money for booze.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

We WERE being kind and offering help until I saw that's not really what she was looking for.

Yes, I'll give you that, you were initially. None of us really knows what the OP is looking for, but it only takes a moment to ask rather than assuming by the tags alone. 

• Like 2

Just now, Elmer Bellisserian said:

Yes, I'll give you that, you were initially. None of us really knows what the OP is looking for, but it only takes a moment to ask rather than assuming by the tags alone. 

We can't read her mind but she tagged it herself and it's pretty specific.  Just sayin'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

To be honest, you're not really in the right place - unless the tags are in error and you actually wanted people to help you find good freebies, of which there are plenty.

Try Relationships, or maybe Roleplay. You might get a bite here, but those two are better for this.

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:
1 hour ago, Elmer Bellisserian said:

We can't read her mind but she tagged it herself and it's pretty specific.  Just sayin'.

All fair assessments.  We really don't know until OP comes back to clarify further on what they want, be they roleplay and whatnot.

Thanks for all the comments,

I will be going to the freebies places suggested to me because I do hate the way my avatar looks so any and all suggestions non ways to change without spending Lind is a huge help. The tags are strange yes but my post wasn't intended to cause friction and I'm aware Im in the wrong place it's just that as a newb I do to it difficult without friends with the know how of the game to guide me to meshes like the ones you've suggested just now.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.