Are you tired of all this laggin and crashing

Sarienna1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

would everyone agree with me if there was a way to let second life know that everyone is tired or all the laggin going on. i mean they been around around 15+ years and they haven't solve the laggin issues. i mean they need to add more and more new servers. so if you all agree 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sarienna1 said:

would everyone agree with me if there was a way to let second life know that everyone is tired or all the laggin going on. i mean they been around around 15+ years and they haven't solve the laggin issues. i mean they need to add more and more new servers. so if you all agree 

Did you live under a rock these past few years? LL is migrating to new servers. They are in the middle of that process!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

The permanent solution to "lag" issues: Remove all user created content, replace with generic MMO Schlock Assets.

What's that? That would destroy Second Life? You don't say?!

Also the software/product is Second Life and the company is Linden Lab.

Don't forget staying away from large groups of people.  Best to stay home by yourself if you can't deal with the lag.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Actually, you can leave all the content, just remove the users. No lagging, no complaints. Seemples.

This actually works. I keep my complexity low, around 30k max in my viewer. This is what is a large cause of lag-avatars with excessive complexity.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I agree, someone really needs to alert the lab that lag is not a popular feature and they should discontinue it.

Oh? *silently pushes laggier lagginess away* I thought everyone loves the lag in SL... man good thing i wasn't working on making it laggier! phew.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 4:54 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Did you live under a rock these past few years? LL is migrating to new servers. They are in the middle of that process!

The only one who's been living under a rock is you because you don't know most people don't visit the forums or the blog page. No where at https://secondlife.com/my/ mentions about about the current migration. No inworld message to notify users. 

Didn't they get Strawberry Sight for a CM? I see she's doing a good job /s

Edited by H8
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, H8 said:

The only one who's been living under a rock is you because you don't know most people don't visit the forums or the blog page. No where at https://secondlife.com/my/ mentions about about the current migration. No inworld message to notify users. 

You mean like this she just posted .  Blog posts are featured right top and centre of everyones dashboard.  It's not the lindens fault if people don't bother to look.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You mean like this she just posted .  Blog posts are featured right top and centre of everyones dashboard.  It's not the lindens fault if people don't bother to look.

Stop being LL apologist. The feed by  default is set to display Featured news, the article you have linked is in Tools and Technologies, therefore it's not displayed by default.

Instead LL thinks it's more people to let know about their dumb "Election simulator". Like who the hell cares....unless you are yet another silicon valley tech company 

Don't try to shift the blame to the users, it's the companies responsibilities to establish line of communication between them and the users. They have to send emails and inworld messages and a "popup" message about the migration at secondlife.com

Also time to make a mobile version. And mobile apps at least for chat. It's nearly 2021.

e2a150ac762022621633fd9bb79dba0b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, H8 said:

Stop being LL apologist. The feed by  default is set to display Featured news, the article you have linked is in Tools and Technologies, therefore it's not displayed by default.

Instead LL thinks it's more people to let know about their dumb "Election simulator". Like who the hell cares....unless you are yet another silicon valley tech company 

Don't try to shift the blame to the users, it's the companies responsibilities to establish line of communication between them and the users. They have to send emails and inworld messages and a "popup" message about the migration at secondlife.com

Also time to make a mobile version. And mobile apps at least for chat. It's nearly 2021.

e2a150ac762022621633fd9bb79dba0b.png

I apologise that I am able to click a dropdown if I want to read news from the lab 🙄

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I apologise that I am able to click a dropdown if I want to read news from the lab 🙄

Oh, I'm sure you also patted yourself on the back after that sarcastic comment. 

The matter of fact is a lot of people don't even login on the site, and most people  don't bother looking at the feed, it's LL's job to make things clear and obvious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:42 PM, Sarienna1 said:

I don't seem to experience much lag and almost never crash.  

5 minutes ago, H8 said:

The feed by  default is set to display Featured news, the article you have linked is in Tools and Technologies, therefore it's not displayed by default.

Yes, it is all LL's fault that people want to be spoon-fed and not have to click an arrow for other topics.

7 minutes ago, H8 said:

It is in the works:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, H8 said:

The matter of fact is a lot of people don't even login on the site, and most people  don't bother looking at the feed, it's LL's job to make things clear and obvious.

IMO - it is other people's responsibility to educate themselves and stay informed.  LL puts the info out there.  It is not their job to shove it down everyone's throat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

IMO - it is other people's responsibility to educate themselves and stay informed.  LL puts the info out there.  It is not their job to shove it down everyone's throat.

You mean shove it down everyone's throat like the Election Simulator and Halloween's Shop and Hop. Yeah I agree! But hey, priorities I guess?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

When I was a bit younger, just a few (cough-cough) years ago, my Dad would grasp me by my hands and bounce me up and down while singing a simple version of a cute song that went like this:-

Poco the Pup_pet could do any_thing,

Do any_thing.... Do any_thing,

Poco the Pup_pet could do any_thing....

If some_body else pulled the string....Bom-bom!

I've no idea what brought that to mind....I just thought I'd share it with you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, H8 said:

Aw, how cute, she thinks that these things are only announced via the forums or blog!
And it's Strawberry Singh, or Strawberry Linden as she is called nowadays.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.