Windlight Settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum category! Can someone let me know if there is a way to sync my 24 hour day and time into SL to make it more realistic? So when it's early morning for me, it's early in SL and when it's night for me, it's night in SL. Is this possible to do?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Afkgirl101 said:

Hello! I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum category! Can someone let me know if there is a way to sync my 24 hour day and time into SL to make it more realistic? So when it's early morning for me, it's early in SL and when it's night for me, it's night in SL. Is this possible to do?

If you're a landowner, yes.

In World > About Land you can set the day length and the offset; this shows how I've set them for my in-world office space to match my home office in New Hampshire:

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 12.05.16 .png

• Like 1

• Lindens

Yes AFK, that is actually very easy to do. 

In the About Land floater you can set the length of the day and number of hours to offset.  You will want to set a 24 hours day and the set the Day Offset to match your timezone.

There is a label just below these two sliders that can assist you in making the adjustments by showing you the "Apparent Time of Day".

image.png.287e151f61b36832cc3dbc9079c7bf69.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rider Linden said:

Yes AFK, that is actually very easy to do. 

In the About Land floater you can set the length of the day and number of hours to offset.  You will want to set a 24 hours day and the set the Day Offset to match your timezone.

There is a label just below these two sliders that can assist you in making the adjustments by showing you the "Apparent Time of Day".

would be awesome to do if one werent a landowner as well....

• Like 1

And by owner, do you mean something as simple, at one extreme, as owning a 16 m2 on the Mainland, or, on the other end, do you mean to say you have to own the entire sim, i.e. be an estate owner?  And what about Belli?  I suppose I could just login and check, but I'm not near my computer at the moment, just reading and posting via phone.

How low can you set it?  Like .017, to have an entire day fly by in a minute?

Also, what's the default?  I think it's 30 minutes, from my observations.  I've been wanting to create an alt and pretend it's age for role-playing purposes is in SL time, not RL time.  So in other words, it ages 48 days in game for every day in the real world. Within two weeks it's gone from being an infant to a toddler, and a month later is six years old.  You could roleplay an entire life, going premium and moving into a Linden Home upon reaching adulthood, then delete the account about two years later when the character dies.  Maybe even make more accounts that are the original account's children.  And yes the fact that I played Sims, then Sims Online, before migrating to Second Life, still shows. 😆

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate typos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.