Apologies for the sketchiness

NirobiStClair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have only recently opened a Market Place store so I am sure I am going to make many mistakes along the way.  I am asking for advice on the following and here is where it gets sketchy.  I logged into my store and there was a message that said one of my items had been flagged and I am sure it said because it was not as advertised or it was misleading (at least that is what I think it said I read it very quickly because I was mortified that someone may have purchased something I was selling and had felt misled) I notice the item was unlisted, I went back and read the description, it was as it says on the tin, I took all four items off the market place and double checked it was the correct item in the box, it was. I check the picture and made sure the item I was selling was indicated, it was and finally I check the product listing making sure I was not claiming it was something it wasn't, it all seems fine. So because I am not sure exactly what I did wrong, I am very nervous to put it back on the market place.  Has anyone come across this before?  If so did you resolve it?

Thank you for taking time to read this.

3 hours ago, NirobiStClair said:

I have only recently opened a Market Place store so I am sure I am going to make many mistakes along the way.  I am asking for advice on the following and here is where it gets sketchy.  I logged into my store and there was a message that said one of my items had been flagged and I am sure it said because it was not as advertised or it was misleading (at least that is what I think it said I read it very quickly because I was mortified that someone may have purchased something I was selling and had felt misled) I notice the item was unlisted, I went back and read the description, it was as it says on the tin, I took all four items off the market place and double checked it was the correct item in the box, it was. I check the picture and made sure the item I was selling was indicated, it was and finally I check the product listing making sure I was not claiming it was something it wasn't, it all seems fine. So because I am not sure exactly what I did wrong, I am very nervous to put it back on the market place.  Has anyone come across this before?  If so did you resolve it?

Thank you for taking time to read this.

There could also be a word inappropriate for the maturity level.  Some else posted awhile back about something getting flagged and it was because of some silly word.

If you have it set to general or moderate, odd words might get it kicked as adult.  

21 hours ago, PisiTextures said:

Maybe you did not put in under the correct category. Say you have shoes but the category it's in is hair. It will be flagged.

ohh I did not check I generally look at the object and type a few categories that I think it may come under.  I will be more careful next time.  Thank you for responding and for the advice.

18 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

There could also be a word inappropriate for the maturity level.  Some else posted awhile back about something getting flagged and it was because of some silly word.

If you have it set to general or moderate, odd words might get it kicked as adult.  

Hmm Again I just stuck to the general and moderate, but I will make sure I check properly In future.  I appreciate you taking time to respond and for the advice :)

6 minutes ago, NirobiStClair said:

Hmm Again I just stuck to the general and moderate, but I will make sure I check properly In future.  I appreciate you taking time to respond and for the advice :)

Exactly what I meant.  There might be one word that the filters deem adult so they kick it out.  It may not be something most people would consider an adult word but the filters are wonky.  

Edited by RowanMinx

It's hard enough to whip up a product description in a quicky, but to have to sweat about wheter or not it's gonna get spanked by the Market Place Sex-detector Robots must be something that send shivers down the spines of merchants.  Here's hoping this problem gets licked soon.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 1

I checked your Marketplace and it seems like you're only selling gachas.

Gachas belong into the "Gachas" category, not any other like you've done.

You need to move all of your products into the correct category or all of them can be flagged as wrong category / misleading.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You need to move all of your products into the correct category or all of them can be flagged as wrong category / misleading.

Unless that has changed officially gachas CAN be in the gacha category or they can e under "couches" for a couch etc. So I doubt that is the issue. 

For the OP. The easiest way and what most gacha sellers I have seen do (this assuming it is a gacha item -- I am just going by what has been said here. The easiest thing to do is simply put the EXACT TITLE of the item in the description and then have some text saying that you didn't make this item and it cannot be redelivered etc. (you can see this on MANY to most gacha items in some form).  Forget everything else as most folks looking for gachas type in the exact thing they are looking for --- at least all the folks I know LOL.  

There can be all sort of reasons for flagging. One can be "competitors" so that fits into the scenario sometimes too.  Good luck OP.   

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 4:39 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Unless that has changed officially gachas CAN be in the gacha category or they can e under "couches" for a couch etc. So I doubt that is the issue. 

For the OP. The easiest way and what most gacha sellers I have seen do (this assuming it is a gacha item -- I am just going by what has been said here. The easiest thing to do is simply put the EXACT TITLE of the item in the description and then have some text saying that you didn't make this item and it cannot be redelivered etc. (you can see this on MANY to most gacha items in some form).  Forget everything else as most folks looking for gachas type in the exact thing they are looking for --- at least all the folks I know LOL.  

There can be all sort of reasons for flagging. One can be "competitors" so that fits into the scenario sometimes too.  Good luck OP.   

Aww thank you for taking the time to respond. I thought as well so long as I made it clear I was not the creator and I was selling say a couch I would be able to use that category, but to be on the safe side I am now putting all my items under Gachas and just made sure I put the key words in so they may still come up in a search. As well as making sure I have the maturity level correct.  Ah well it's all a learning curve :)

On 11/2/2020 at 4:39 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Edited by NirobiStClair
oops answered twice and could not find the delete button sorry :)

On 11/2/2020 at 4:02 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Understood. Thank you for responding, I am beginning the change now. :)

On 11/2/2020 at 3:43 AM, iamyourneighbour said:

Check copyright words

Brand names, Nike, Gucci etc will result in an auto disable on your item. Came in earlier this year or late last year I think. Applies to keywords and descriptions and titles

Wow did not even think of that, sighs something else to add to my check list.  Thank you for that advise :)

• Like 1

OK, this was a reply to something awhile ago but "I" at least would like to be clear on the rules.  My memory has someone official (I am thinking @Dakota Linden but not sure on that might have been Patch)  that while they MADE the Gacha category for gacha folks and it would be NICE if they put their listings there --- it was NOT required and no one needed to relist things and items would not be flagged for being in the wrong place.

Could we have a confirmation or update on that policy please?  Not for me personally but so we will know what to tell folks. Thanks.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

-- it was NOT required and no one needed to relist things and items would not be flagged for being in the wrong place.

Could we have a confirmation or update on that policy please?  Not for me personally but so we will know what to tell folks. Thanks.  

as far i know this is still the rule ..

but to the OP.. keep your keywords totally relevant, if you, like many gacha resellers, added non related (or misleading keywords) it can be flagged by anyone that visits your items.
As buyer i could make it a dayjob to flag those stores.
For example,  i see in many of your items "gift" "present" ... that's no relevant info for a keyword. If people look for a "gift" they expect to find freebies or dollarbees, not resale items.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 6:44 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

as far i know this is still the rule ..

but to the OP.. keep your keywords totally relevant, if you, like many gacha resellers, added non related (or misleading keywords) it can be flagged by anyone that visits your items.
As buyer i could make it a dayjob to flag those stores.
For example,  i see in many of your items "gift" "present" ... that's no relevant info for a keyword. If people look for a "gift" they expect to find freebies or dollarbees, not resale items.

Hmm ok I did not think of that, I thought having the word gift in my store name would justify me putting gift in the search. I will take those words out in case I get reported again for misleading. Thank you and everyone who have responded, I did not realise I there was so much to keep in mind. 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:55 PM, Chic Aeon said:

OK, this was a reply to something awhile ago but "I" at least would like to be clear on the rules.  My memory has someone official (I am thinking @Dakota Linden but not sure on that might have been Patch)  that while they MADE the Gacha category for gacha folks and it would be NICE if they put their listings there --- it was NOT required and no one needed to relist things and items would not be flagged for being in the wrong place.

Thank you for asking the question, I certainly would be interested in the confirmation although I have changed everything to the Gacha’s category now.😂 Still better I get it right from now, than much later down the road.

32 minutes ago, NirobiStClair said:

Hmm ok I did not think of that, I thought having the word gift in my store name would justify me putting gift in the search. I will take those words out in case I get reported again for misleading. Thank you and everyone who have responded, I did not realise I there was so much to keep in mind. 

You also have keywords that are in the name of the item. That is considered keyword spam as when you search for something the items name is also in the search. You dont need a Ghost keyword if the item is called Ghost. 

On 1/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Chic Aeon said:

6 hours ago, NirobiStClair said:

Thank you for asking the question, I certainly would be interested in the confirmation although I have changed everything to the Gacha’s category now.😂 Still better I get it right from now, than much later down the road.

This statement by Dakota says that Gacha items do not have to be in the Gacha category as long as they are otherwise in the right category.  Lots more comments on the issue by Dakota in this thread.

• Thanks 2

On 1/18/2021 at 9:46 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

This statement by Dakota says that Gacha items do not have to be in the Gacha category as long as they are otherwise in the right category.  Lots more comments on the issue by Dakota in this thread.

Excellent, that is very clear and very helpful, thank you for reposting😊

On 1/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You also have keywords that are in the name of the item. That is considered keyword spam as when you search for something the items name is also in the search. You dont need a Ghost keyword if the item is called Ghost. 

On 1/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Keyword spam? Wow ok this I did not know, thank you I will try and keep my keywords more relevant as advised previously. But to be clear if the item is called earrings I should not put the word earrings in the key search to avoid it been seen as keyword spam?

16 minutes ago, NirobiStClair said:

Keyword spam? Wow ok this I did not know, thank you I will try and keep my keywords more relevant as advised previously. But to be clear if the item is called earrings I should not put the word earrings in the key search to avoid it been seen as keyword spam?

Correct, if the item is "silver earrings" you should not put silver or earrings in the keywords. They are already in the search as the name of the item. To clarify further, your name will also pop in the search. Which really sucks when looking for a claymore and having dozens of merchants named claymore's stores pop up. 

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Correct, if the item is "silver earrings" you should not put silver or earrings in the keywords. They are already in the search as the name of the item. To clarify further, your name will also pop in the search. Which really sucks when looking for a claymore and having dozens of merchants named claymore's stores pop up. 

Got you, guess I will be busy tomorrow. Thank you for the clarification 

16 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Or "free" or "gift" or "kemono" or whatever else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.