Camera Controls Help. I cant see where I am going!!

Aluviel Nakamura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is the wrong sub category to be in to post this question. Its been a long time since I stepped into Sl. I have always used the Phoenix viewer. I have Firestorm now. I am having issues seeing where I am going. The camera controls are the same.. something is really off. I dont remember having such trouble just seeing ahead and trying to walk around. I can either see the back of my avatar, or other things..I still cant see ahead so I know where I am going.. 

I cant seem to pan around with ought ending up in trees or panning out way too much and getting outside the sim in a grid lock view where nothing is rezed. Do I have to just get used to things again? There was a point where my camera was swinging around cause I messed with something in preferences when trying to take photos. 

Looks like I messed up so badly I cant even walk around Tempura Gardens which is a big wide open sim. I tried to go to Bentham manor, that old haunted house that had a ride and there was so much stuff blocking my view I just gave up. What Am I forgetting to do?

Maybe this?

On 5/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Take a look at the camera controls and see if you accidentally clicked to change your view. See the three little heads up at the top? Click on those to see if you get your original view back.

If you are using Firestorm, try the tips here: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_camera (They may work on the SL viewer, too, but I wouldn't know since I don't use it.)

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 4.04.57 PM.png

Edited by RowanMinx

tyvm! I will go to that link. Yes I did try the boxes on the camera controls.. It's like I can get past the trees to see up ahead of me.. the back view that I always used.. is now above my head shooting down at the back of it and if I just try to walk around  my view is staring straight at the ground and im running into walls, trees and objects I cant see, cause when I pull back even a little im in the bushes or leaves of trees and I cant see. 

UPDATE::Solved that article you shared suggested Cntrl: and 9 Cntrl+9

• Press Ctrl-9 - this will reset camera zoom. If the zoom did not reset, then go to the top menu, Advanced (Ctrl-Alt-D, if not enabled) → Shortcuts → Zoom default.
  •  
Edited by Aluviel Nakamura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.