Jump to content

Download many pictures from Flickr, fast, best?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I was playing with the thought of going Pro when I saw Flickr had increased the price to 60 US for a year. Seriously, that is a lot. Maybe I must pay VAT too.

I should download all my pictures from before 2015, I think. I read some ways of doing it, unsure about what's best. I want them downloaded in the largest size of course... You who have come close to 1000 pictures, how did you do it?

Because it is no way I am paying that much for Flickr Pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was playing with the thought of going Pro when I saw Flickr had increased the price to 60 US for a year. Seriously, that is a lot. Maybe I must pay VAT too.

I should download all my pictures from before 2015, I think. I read some ways of doing it, unsure about what's best. I want them downloaded in the largest size of course... You who have come close to 1000 pictures, how did you do it?

Because it is no way I am paying that much for Flickr Pro.

Or make another free account on flickr and move pics onto those

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://help.flickr.com/en_us/download-photos-or-albums-in-flickr-HJeLjhQskX

If the photos are not already in albums it shouldn't take long to create a 'pre-2015' album and use Flickr's Organizr tool to move them all into there, then use the instructions at that link to download the album as a zip file. (You may need to create several albums, as you can only download a maximum of 500 photos at a time.)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Or make another free account on flickr and move pics onto those

Yes. I have thought about that. But is not that so I must upload them again, and everybody see them again and think I am desperate for likes, because I upload old material?

I have thought about one "avatar" account and another "home and garden" account.

Would that be a good idea?

I am surprised Flickr allow that, honestly. But I read about on net and it is allowed as you say. For now...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes. I have thought about that. But is not that so I must upload them again, and everybody see them again and think I am desperate for likes, because I upload old material?

I have thought about one "avatar" account and another "home and garden" account.

Would that be a good idea?

I am surprised Flickr allow that, honestly. But I read about on net and it is allowed as you say. For now...

 

People have business and personal Flickr accounts so I see no reason not to have one for avatar and one for home and garden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started a new account. My original account existed before the limits, I deleted about 3000 pictures to get under the limit when that started, though there were a lot of very similar pictures, different angles of the same scene, I would pick the best and get rid of the rest. Eventually it got very hard to find pictures i was wiling to part with. At that time I just made a new account, but that new account is now over 900 pictures so I m going to have issues eventually. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...