How to get HQ photos on Flicker?

ophismx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! does anyone know how to take really High res photos for Flicker because I noticed when I take pictures they don't zoom in really well as others pictures do like 3x zoom... My photos are good I guess but they can be totally better in quality :) 

here is my flicker you can also look at my favs and notice I can only zoom in once and the people I liked phots are like 3x zoom like I was saying  

Ophism .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the snapshot tool, you can set whichever resolution you want (up to 6144 pixels on either axis, in Firestorm). You'll need to unlock high-resolution shots first though. Go to Advanced, and tick 'High-res Snapshots'. Also, in the snapshot tool, you can un-tick 'Restrain Proportions' to allow for your shot to be in whichever aspect ratio you want.

Personally I mostly shoot in 4:3 and 3:4, i.e. 4096 x 3072 and 3072 x 4096. I also rarely crop my shots, preferring to frame them when I take the snapshot instead. But you can increase the size and zoom out a bit to accommodate cropping if you want to.

Once I've finished editing, it's only a matter of uploading it to Flickr. They don't care about the size of the image, but the amount of images you upload, so you can upload 50 mb images if you want to.

• Like 3

On 11/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, AlexandriaBrangwin said:

-Use Firestorm

-Save to disk at 3840x2160...as I've been doing since 2012

-.......compress your JPG's to 75%

i would just like to thank you for this tip because i used it and it improved my pictures 😊

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.