lolalab69

Can i reply to IMs i receive as emails???

Question

14 answers to this question

One more thing... There is a limit to how many characters can be in your reply  (read that link provided for more details) so always delete the copy of the original IM in your reply.

• Like 2

Yes, you should be able to reply to the messages. The reply address is valid for some time after you receive the emails, but I'm not sure for how long.

[EDIT] Cinnamon is quicker than me. :) What she said!

- Luc -

• Like 1

I had been using this email reply feature.... but recently a friend kept getting confused by messages from me appearing randomly. We figured out that some of my replies were arriving in her IMs over 48 hours later. She was getting completely out of context one-line messages from me.

So I have stopped using it.

4 minutes ago, livb89 said:

I had been using this email reply feature.... but recently a friend kept getting confused by messages from me appearing randomly. We figured out that some of my replies were arriving in her IMs over 48 hours later. She was getting completely out of context one-line messages from me.

So I have stopped using it.

Maybe things are different in the last 7 years  since this thread started but I have no issues with it 

It stopped working properly 3 days ago. I use it frequently to help customers when I can't be inworld. There was a grid status report about it yesterday https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/bm3lf197jwwd .  It says it was solved. It wasn't. I filed a support ticket but no response. So, if it is affecting you, let them know - with a ticket or (eventually) a JIRA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

E-mail into and out of SL was apparently messed up yesterday.  As always, even after LL applies a fix to a grid-wide issue, there may still be some regions where the servers don't get the message.  If your region is like that, file a support case.

I did file a support case. No response.

Edited 27 minutes later: It was not working properly when I logged on this morning (about 4 hours ago). I just tried a back and forth with my store alt. It worked as it should - quickly and smoothly. I hope it sticks. If you're affected, give it a test and see if it is working for you too :)

Edited by Arwen Serpente

On 9/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, Arwen Serpente said:

It stopped working properly 3 days ago. I use it frequently to help customers when I can't be inworld. There was a grid status report about it yesterday https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/bm3lf197jwwd .  It says it was solved. It wasn't. I filed a support ticket but no response. So, if it is affecting you, let them know - with a ticket or (eventually) a JIRA.

It seemed to work fine yesterday - I only sent one reply but it seemed to go through to the recipient almost immediately.

yup, me too. If you look back at my posts, I mentioned that it started working again on Sept 14 in the post following the one you just quoted. Glad you're having success too :)