Can i reply to IMs i receive as emails???

lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi ppl

just wondering if - when i receive IMs in my email inbox (while i am offline) - if i can actually reply just as normal email??

hit reply etc and send and will the sender receive at their email??

as i can't get in to SL while im at work....i can still keep in touch with friends while in rl?

??

14 answers to this question

I had been using this email reply feature.... but recently a friend kept getting confused by messages from me appearing randomly. We figured out that some of my replies were arriving in her IMs over 48 hours later. She was getting completely out of context one-line messages from me.

So I have stopped using it.

4 minutes ago, livb89 said:

I had been using this email reply feature.... but recently a friend kept getting confused by messages from me appearing randomly. We figured out that some of my replies were arriving in her IMs over 48 hours later. She was getting completely out of context one-line messages from me.

So I have stopped using it.

Maybe things are different in the last 7 years  since this thread started but I have no issues with it 

It stopped working properly 3 days ago. I use it frequently to help customers when I can't be inworld. There was a grid status report about it yesterday https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/bm3lf197jwwd .  It says it was solved. It wasn't. I filed a support ticket but no response. So, if it is affecting you, let them know - with a ticket or (eventually) a JIRA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I did file a support case. No response.

Edited 27 minutes later: It was not working properly when I logged on this morning (about 4 hours ago). I just tried a back and forth with my store alt. It worked as it should - quickly and smoothly. I hope it sticks. If you're affected, give it a test and see if it is working for you too :)

Edited by Arwen Serpente

On 9/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, Arwen Serpente said:

It stopped working properly 3 days ago. I use it frequently to help customers when I can't be inworld. There was a grid status report about it yesterday https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/bm3lf197jwwd .  It says it was solved. It wasn't. I filed a support ticket but no response. So, if it is affecting you, let them know - with a ticket or (eventually) a JIRA.

It seemed to work fine yesterday - I only sent one reply but it seemed to go through to the recipient almost immediately.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.