I had a small crush on this "Queen Bee" type of mean girl.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

This was in Second Life, but it wasn't a serious crush because I didn't want to pursue it.

She presented herself as stuck-up, thinking she was better than everyone else.

What does that say about me?

Well, did you have a crush on her because she was conceited and self-centred? Or were those qualities things that helped dissuade you from pursuing it?

A crush, if that's what you really mean, is a pretty harmless thing. I think it's interesting and potentially self-revelatory to consider why we feel the way we do about things, always, but I wouldn't make the mistake of reading too much into it, Gopi.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, did you have a crush on her because she was conceited and self-centred? Or were those qualities things that helped dissuade you from pursuing it?

A crush, if that's what you really mean, is a pretty harmless thing. I think it's interesting and potentially self-revelatory to consider why we feel the way we do about things, always, but I wouldn't make the mistake of reading too much into it, Gopi.

Nah, I suppose her self-centeredness wasn't something I was drawn to. I guess it was because her avi and real-life pic looked pretty, and she's also a professional singer. Yeah, I guess that's what it all boils down to after all.

• Like 1

Just now, Gopi Passiflora said:

Nah, I suppose her self-centeredness wasn't something I was drawn to. I guess it was because her avi and real-life pic looked pretty, and she's also a professional singer. Yeah, I guess that's what it all boils down to after all.

Then I declare you cured, and exempt you from any further therapy sessions. You''re mentally healthy, and ready to mix with polite society!

Now, was there anything else I could help you with? 😉

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

This was in Second Life, but it wasn't a serious crush because I didn't want to pursue it.

Maybe they can't see what she means to you or is it "what you mean to me"? 🙂

10 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Usually it's the girls who fall for the bad boys, not the boys falling for the bad girls, but que sera que sera.

From what I've noticed, and things may have changed some since i was a little younger riding a circuit.. Guys sure seemed fascinated by girls that could ride a horse like they were born in the saddle or drive big farm equipment and things like that..

There was always guys coming up to my trailer before and after an event..  My father was a big buffer for awhile  until I started dating my husband..

Anyone wanna meet a lot of guys..Just  find ya a good horse and take up barrel racing..that's all there is too it.. hehehehehe

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

tumblr_ne6z38bcDS1rziwwco1_400.gifv

IMO, "polite society" has changed since coronavirus.   For instance, now when someone comes to my door, if I don't have a mask on (which I don't in my own apartment) it's better to move away and say nothing as talking let's vapor out of my mouth.  My politeness sans mask is to say nothing now, cover my mouth and go breathe in the bathroom, plus maybe talk through a door.   Saying "hello, how are you today" is going out the window.  

As far as the OP and the "crush" and her being stuck-up or seeming stuck-up, many professionals have to act that way as many people tend to fall for those who are talented.  She may also be otherwise engaged and was acting aloof.  

Edited by FairreLilette

15 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

How did she present herself as stuck up?  I'm curious because I've had a few men say they were reluctant to approach me because of how I looked and my profile.  I've never thought of myself as stuck up as I'll talk with anyone who can carry on a decent conversation.  I couldn't care less (shout out to the peeve thread) what anyone looks like.  My profile might be a tad snarky in spots but mostly said in humor.  The only thing I do ask is that people don't IM me with /me smiles.   

19 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Agreed.

When I was young, pushing dirt with the family tractor always lit up the boys.

Lit me up, too!

Not in Southern California...they dig a French bikini...or breathing is usually enough.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And don't forget women on motorcycles, too.  Men are odd. 

Oh yeah. There was a small motorcycle parking spot behind the engineering school. The nearest car parking lot was two blocks away. That was all the incentive I needed to learn to ride Dad's Honda CB650. Like the tractor, seeing li'l old me on a motorcycle got the boys' interest.

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Oh yeah. There was a small motorcycle parking spot behind the engineering school. The nearest car parking lot was two blocks away. That was all the incentive I needed to learn to ride Dad's Honda CB650. Like the tractor, seeing li'l old me on a motorcycle got the boys' interest.

Yes, probably, but like Ceka said they cannot stand to be outdone though, and those "Men's" magazines or calendars I've seen in auto repair shops show a woman in a bikini on a tractor or a motorcycle.  

What to make of this?  Bikini woman riding motorcycle in cowboy boots on lots of calendars in Southern California.  The tan is big too in those calendars, etc. 

I agree with Harry Belefonte..."that's right, the woman is smarter."  Men are strange beasts.  The way to their heart though is a great meal.  They wants food.   Toss a steak.  

Edited by FairreLilette

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

I'm curious because I've had a few men say they were reluctant to approach me because of how I looked and my profile.  I've never thought of myself as stuck up as I'll talk with anyone who can carry on a decent conversation.

When I was a teen, I was told I was stuck-up.

As an adult, I've been told I'm intimidating.

This is frustrating. I've been shooting for eccentric.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

How did she present herself as stuck up?  I'm curious because I've had a few men say they were reluctant to approach me because of how I looked and my profile.  I've never thought of myself as stuck up as I'll talk with anyone who can carry on a decent conversation.  I couldn't care less (shout out to the peeve thread) what anyone looks like.  My profile might be a tad snarky in spots but mostly said in humor.  The only thing I do ask is that people don't IM me with /me smiles.   

I guess it was her humor, roasting everyone and always having a group of girls following her,. She was pretty exuberant, actually. Maybe "stuck-up" isn't the right word but she was playing the "Queen Bee" mean girl thing jokingly with people in the safe hub.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I guess it was her humor, roasting everyone and always having a group of girls following her,. She was pretty exuberant, actually. Maybe "stuck-up" isn't the right word but she was playing the "Queen Bee" mean girl thing jokingly with people in the safe hub.

I prefer Alpha female instead of queen bee.  I certainly don't want a swarm of women or men buzzing around me. 😀

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1281 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.