Homestead Purchase Question

Isabella Dawlish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, if you’re purchasing a Homestead from a private seller, do you have to have the actual lindens in your account, or are they just charging whatever account credit card you have on file? It’s always been done by just charging the credit card, but my understanding is that now it’s in lindens? Also, if you’ve agreed on the purchase price with the seller, do I then add an additional $100 to the price for transfer to cover that amount if I agreed to pay? Thank you! 

14 minutes ago, Isabella Dawlish said:

Hi there, if you’re purchasing a Homestead from a private seller, do you have to have the actual lindens in your account, or are they just charging whatever account credit card you have on file? It’s always been done by just charging the credit card, but my understanding is that now it’s in lindens? Also, if you’ve agreed on the purchase price with the seller, do I then add an additional $100 to the price for transfer to cover that amount if I agreed to pay? Thank you! 

first the remark, most know.. but to be sure, you have to own at least one full region before you can buy a homestead.

The region transfer is described here
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000134544-region-transfer-guidelines

• Like 1

Thank you, I guess I'm a bit slow, but I read that and still felt I needed additional clarification. I do own a full region, but it's been quite awhile since I completed a land purchase. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me, but I just wanted to make sure I don't add the transfer fee to the total cost of the homestead sale, or if I just add that I'm paying the fee in notes on the ticket. 

1 hour ago, Isabella Dawlish said:

Thank you, I guess I'm a bit slow, but I read that and still felt I needed additional clarification. I do own a full region, but it's been quite awhile since I completed a land purchase. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me, but I just wanted to make sure I don't add the transfer fee to the total cost of the homestead sale, or if I just add that I'm paying the fee in notes on the ticket. 

Once the charge goes through, we credit the seller the same amount minus the transfer fee.

means the transfer fee is included in the total price LL takes from you to complete the transfer. If the seller names it apart of the sale, you have to add it to the amount reserved for the sale. LL will keep the transferfee and credits the remaining sum to the seller. Always make clear deals to prevent confusion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.