Looking for some ideas for computers with good graphics

myralee1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To the OP the two key things you wants to focus on are RAM and VRAM for SL. Buying a laptop off the shelf now days just about any processor will work so no real need for me to be dropping specs on that. For your RAM you want 8 Gigs. or higher. For your VRAM if you want to run SL decently you want 4 Gigs. or higher. I would focus on those two things first if SL is going to be your primary focus in terms of online games. Hope this helps and good luck. ;)

To my forums pals regarding the SSD vs HHD topic. This is just my personal opinion based on my own experiences. True SSD's are way more power efficient and faster. However that being said in terms of longevity of life I'll go HDD every single time. I'd put my HDD drives in a Pepsi Challenge in that dept. against anyone SSD's and I can promise you mates you will be replacing your hard drives before I ever will be replacing mine. lol Also as someone who is a competitive gamer online and builds computer rigs for solely that reason I can tell you this much. I've noticed little to no difference in gaming performance between the two. So really at the end of the day it all boils down to your own personal preferences. Each has their own advantages mates. :)

5 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Rule of thumb: buy anything remotely better than a plain typewriter. Good luck with the rest.

Another good rule of thumb: When writing a novel better to use that more dependable plain typewriter. Still works when the power goes out and it doesn't suffer from hard drive crashes. Otherwise good luck with that data recovery. lol ;)

2 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Another good rule of thumb: When writing a novel better to use that more dependable plain typewriter. Still works when the power goes out and it doesn't suffer from hard drive crashes. Otherwise good luck with that data recovery. lol ;)

That's why you make a carbon copy!  If people even remember that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I just ask a competent nerd for these types of things, and I asked a good one when I got my new Eluktronics laptop -- Torley Linden

Wizard of Rainbows will never be forgotten..I learned alot of new outlooks and ideas from him.

Someone should build a memorial for him on the mainland's .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.