help for an attachment script

Lolita Messinez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ,

I'm looking for a script that I can put in a button on a hud with inside a classic cube that when I click on it automatically attaches the cube in my hand.

I think it is necessary to make rez an object which attaches itself then ?

I don't know if it's possible ...

thank you in advance if a person has this in his inventory. ^^

You could write a script like that easily enough, but it's even easier to just attach the item from your own inventory, without a HUD. This forum is not the place to look for a script or to ask someone to write it for you, though. Post in the InWorld Employment forum to look for a scripter who would be willing to write a custom script for a price. I suspect that you will not find a ready-made script like this just sitting around out there, but you could post in the Wanted forum to ask.

• Like 1

I agree with Rolig, of course; I'll just add that the real trick to getting freshly-rezzed stuff attached is to get permissions from the avatar to whom it should attach. One complexity is that the item must be (or become) owned by that avatar -- that may not be a problem in your case, but otherwise there's a whole "temporary attachment" state that makes that (temporary) transfer possible by script, without needing to pass through the avatar's inventory. A common way to make that happen is to use an Experience script, and the free open-source AVsitter system comes with scripts that perform that attachment using an Experience for which many avatars have already given permission. (That's all distracting overkill, though, if you're only attaching to your own avatar.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.