Skin looks static like and pixelated

Boatswainbabe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

94D04dr.png

Just in the last couple of days my face on my avatar, has had this tv static like glitch to it. Is this due to the recent changes happening? Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried tex refreshing and clearing my cache. I have never had this issue and have been on here for a good while now (probably over 7 years). I can't get a good picture of it because you see it more with movement. Anyone have a fix? My internet connection has never been a problem, have always had a strong connection. It was odd though that a friend said she couldn't see it on her end I can only see it on my screen. Anywho, any help is appreciated thank you! 

Edit: I am running on a mac desktop. little older probably a 2015/2016 but always very well taken care, and cleared off unnecessary items and added image up at top.

Edited by Boatswainbabe
adding image

8 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Boatswainbabe said:

Just in the last couple of days my face on my avatar, has had this tv static like glitch to it. Is this due to the recent changes happening? Is anyone else having this issue? I have tried tex refreshing and clearing my cache. I have never had this issue and have been on here for a good while now (probably over 7 years). I can't get a good picture of it because you see it more with movement. Anyone have a fix? My internet connection has never been a problem, have always had a strong connection. It was odd though that a friend said she couldn't see it on her end I can only see it on my screen. Anywho, any help is appreciated thank you! 

Check your inventory's WORN tab to ensure that you're not wearing two copies of your head (or two different heads).  If you were changing outfits on Saturday when there were asset server issues then there's a strong chance that you have two copies of your head attached. I logged out on Saturday wearing one outfit, and when I logged back in on Sunday I was wearing part of that outfit, plus parts of two other outfits, as well as two different mesh bodies and two different hairstyles. It was certainly, uh, a look xD

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Tools like Gyazo or even your graphic driver software allow you to record short clips, either as GIF or a movie file. That should help with the movement bit.

Some details about your hardware could also come in handy.

Thanks for the recording information! I edited the main question with device information. 

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Check your inventory's WORN tab to ensure that you're not wearing two copies of your head (or two different heads).  If you were changing outfits on Saturday when there were asset server issues then there's a strong chance that you have two copies of your head attached. I logged out on Saturday wearing one outfit, and when I logged back in on Sunday I was wearing part of that outfit, plus parts of two other outfits, as well as two different mesh bodies and two different hairstyles. It was certainly, uh, a look xD

Thank you for the info! double checked and not wearing two heads unfortunately. I edited the original post with an image maybe that will help with clarification? I just don't wanna look all pixelated... le sigh.. 

10 minutes ago, Boatswainbabe said:

Thank you for the info! double checked and not wearing two heads unfortunately. I edited the original post with an image maybe that will help with clarification? I just don't wanna look all pixelated... le sigh.. 

If you're running BOM take off one thing at a time.  Start with the hair then move down from top layer to bottom.  You might find one layer could be the problem.  Eyeshadow, lips, blush

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Boatswainbabe said:

I edited the original post with an image maybe that will help with clarification?

Hmm. Looking at that it definitely does look as if you have two heads on, because that's exactly the kind of flickering you'd see if that were the case. However, you're not the first person I've seen having alpha-type issues in the wake of recent asset server shenanigans. I assume you've already tried:

• taking off the head and re-attaching it
  • redelivering the head and checking with a fresh copy

What's key here, I think, is the following:

21 hours ago, Boatswainbabe said:

a friend said she couldn't see it on her end I can only see it on my screen

This shows that it's definitely on your end of things, so I'm going along with the possibility that you may have a corrupt settings.xml file, especially if you're still seeing the same issue with a fresh copy of the head, given that you've already cleared cache. Before we check that, though, first try power cycling your router (unplug it completely from the wall socket, wait for a minute, then plug it back in). If that fixes it, then great. If not, then try the following:

1. Open preferences > network & files > directories
  2. Click the 'open settings folder' button
  3. Keep that folder open and log out of SL
  4. Stay logged out. Look in that settings folder for the settings.xml file and delete it
  5. Log back into SL (a new settings.xml file will be created)
  6. Set your toolbar buttons and UI items back up

CAUTION: This will reset your toolbar buttons and will remove from your screen some UI items related to the toolbar buttons (e.g. minimap, cameratools, etc). It may also reset some graphics settings, so you will need to reset all of those after logging back in.

Edited by Skell Dagger

15 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Hmm. Looking at that it definitely does look as if you have two heads on, because that's exactly the kind of flickering you'd see if that were the case. However, you're not the first person I've seen having alpha-type issues in the wake of recent asset server shenanigans. I assume you've already tried:

• taking off the head and re-attaching it
  • redelivering the head and checking with a fresh copy

What's key here, I think, is the following:

This shows that it's definitely on your end of things, so I'm going along with the possibility that you may have a corrupt settings.xml file, especially if you're still seeing the same issue with a fresh copy of the head, given that you've already cleared cache. Before we check that, though, first try power cycling your router (unplug it completely from the wall socket, wait for a minute, then plug it back in). If that fixes it, then great. If not, then try the following:

1. Open preferences > network & files > directories
  2. Click the 'open settings folder' button
  3. Keep that folder open and log out of SL
  4. Stay logged out. Look in that settings folder for the settings.xml file and delete it
  5. Log back into SL (a new settings.xml file will be created)
  6. Set your toolbar buttons and UI items back up

CAUTION: This will reset your toolbar buttons and will remove from your screen some UI items related to the toolbar buttons (e.g. minimap, cameratools, etc). It may also reset some graphics settings, so you will need to reset all of those after logging back in.

YESS! This worked! Thank you so much :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.