What are you grateful for right now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

I was grumbling about the snow storm that we just got and had to go out and shovel. However, I was just thinking, it is just an inconvenience, I am safe. I am grateful that I am safe and was able to do the shoveling.

I know the feeling :) It's amazing what a change this year has made to my thinking. All sorts of things I used to stress out about seem quite trivial now.

• Like 7

My real life husbands  recovery from his cancer surgery, and the recovery from the Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) he  developed  !!! . It has been a long year .   He is  driving, walking and only gets short of breath when going up to many stairs too fast . Grateful for everyone who was on the medical teams  etc. and grateful for all in sl and the forums who kept him in your well wishes and prayers. Many thanks and forever grateful to everyone in Second Life,  the forums and everyone in real life .

85d88a6c3b6c191933ab914a27b46522.thumb.jpg.b656e6ef706a62a98d1e5883356e2ea7.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

My real life husbands  recovery from his cancer surgery, and the recovery from the Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) he  developed  !!! . It has been a long year .   He is  driving, walking and only gets short of breath when going up to many stairs too fast . Grateful for everyone who was on the medical teams  etc. and grateful for all in sl and the forums who kept him in your well wishes and prayers. Many thanks and forever grateful to everyone in Second Life,  the forums and everyone in real life .

85d88a6c3b6c191933ab914a27b46522.thumb.jpg.b656e6ef706a62a98d1e5883356e2ea7.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Warm snuggly kitties. Bright first snowfall of the year that always makes things feel so new again. Precious scents - oils, resins, in smoke and water...they have the power to soothe me and ease my mind almost like magic. Winter birds. When I hear them in the morning it can set the tone for the whole day. A pink dawn sky. 

• Like 4

On 12/17/2020 at 1:18 AM, Orwar said:

Just breaking it up into small pieces and putting it in a bowl with some milk or sour milk makes the tastiest cereal ever. And, unlike the sugary stuff, it's actually rather healthy! 

I will definitely give it try!  Even the so-called healthier cereals sold in my area are loaded with so much sugar, it's not funny.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2020 at 9:57 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

image.jpg

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Author: Carolyn Joyce Carty

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/17/2020 at 12:18 AM, Orwar said:

Just breaking it up into small pieces and putting it in a bowl with some milk or sour milk makes the tastiest cereal ever. And, unlike the sugary stuff, it's actually rather healthy! 

I looked it up and it looks really easy to make, so I may give it a try.. I love making snacks like that, plus the recipes I seen only use honey and not sugar.. I use raw honey which is the best honey ever..

I may make some in the next couple of days..

Otherwise for breakfast  I'll have Chia pudding which I make with fresh fruits, chia seeds and one of the nut milks ,like almond or cashew.

or I'll have a bowl of whole grain oatmeal with some berries or peaches or whatever fruit I feel like at the time and throw some chia seeds in there..

Chia seeds are awesome to add to things you are about to eat, as long as you are not planning on eating too much..

They adsorb liquid really quick and expand into little beads.. they are great for filling you up, plus packed with protein and other goodies..

The Aztecs used to eat them right before going into a battle because it would get them hyped up and energetic.. hehehe

Anyways, I'll have that for breakfast along with one of the juices i made the day before.. I have a great recipe for a really tasty healthy juice..

it's a really simple recipe that will make about a half gallon of juice that isn't expensive to make..

6 - good sized carrots

4 - apples, preferably green apples..

6- good sized strawberries..

2 - stalks of Bok Choy

1 - cucumber

This juice is so tasy that it knocked my Jesus Juice recipe into second place.. hehehe

Aaaanyways, I think I'm gonna try making some Knäckebröd this weekend and give it a try.. Thanks for mentioning it.. I love trying new things, especially in the snack area, because it helps keep my boys out of the refrigerator before dinner time.. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I love making snacks like that, plus the recipes I seen only use honey and not sugar.. I use raw honey which is the best honey ever..

I'm not sure what recipe that is, I've never had knäckebröd that had any sweetener at all. One of the great things with it is that even when you buy it in the store, it's only 4 ingredients (in the regular kind, there are ones with different toppings); wholegrain rye flour, water, yeast, and salt. Some recipes use other flours, usually mixes, like adding a bit of regular wheat flour, oats, or barley flour, and common toppings include various seeds (sunflower, caraway, pumpkin, sesame, etc.), or typical bread spices such as fennel, anise, cumin, etc.

I know there are some that have sweeteners, primarily the ones with cinnamon (cinnamon without a sweetness can be a pretty harsh flavour), but I personally never buy that - I live right next to a knäckebröd factory, so I buy mine in 5-kilo boxes for next to nothing, so I currently don't have much incentive to bake my own aside from that I'd have the freedom to put whatever I'd like in it (but they also sell a lot of variants, so I'm not sure what I'd put in them that they don't already offer!). 

Whilst writing I actually went to look up some recipes, and interestingly a lot of English recipes / videos use honey, almost no Swedish / Norwegian ones do. Might be one of those things that got borked when brought across the pond, like how the 'Swedish-Americans' use the Norwegian word for lutfisk. I guess sugar was more readily available in the US in the 19th century than it was in Scandinavia! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I'm not sure what recipe that is, I've never had knäckebröd that had any sweetener at all. One of the great things with it is that even when you buy it in the store, it's only 4 ingredients (in the regular kind, there are ones with different toppings); wholegrain rye flour, water, yeast, and salt. Some recipes use other flours, usually mixes, like adding a bit of regular wheat flour, oats, or barley flour, and common toppings include various seeds (sunflower, caraway, pumpkin, sesame, etc.), or typical bread spices such as fennel, anise, cumin, etc.

I know there are some that have sweeteners, primarily the ones with cinnamon (cinnamon without a sweetness can be a pretty harsh flavour), but I personally never buy that - I live right next to a knäckebröd factory, so I buy mine in 5-kilo boxes for next to nothing, so I currently don't have much incentive to bake my own aside from that I'd have the freedom to put whatever I'd like in it (but they also sell a lot of variants, so I'm not sure what I'd put in them that they don't already offer!). 

Whilst writing I actually went to look up some recipes, and interestingly a lot of English recipes / videos use honey, almost no Swedish / Norwegian ones do. Might be one of those things that got borked when brought across the pond, like how the 'Swedish-Americans' use the Norwegian word for lutfisk. I guess sugar was more readily available in the US in the 19th century than it was in Scandinavia! 

I'll look up some other recipes before I make mine and maybe try a couple different versions.. I just want to try it and see how the boys like them.. plus I love having good snacks around for myself as well.. I love trying to make things from other countries also.. It sounds like something I'll like.:)

Half the time I really don't think the boys care what they are eating as long as they are chewing on something.. I swear i have to always have something out for them..

I remember coming home one time and they were getting into the deer I had soaking in the refrigerator and were getting ready to cook some of that up.. They got in trouble for that one.. hehehe

Their excuse was, they really needed some deer really bad.. hehehe

• Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 9:50 PM, Sassy Kenin said:

The LORD replied:

No one even noticed it was one set of footprints turning into two sets. 

It really didn't have anything to do with that poem. I was saying everyone has done what they could to help Rose and now she can walk on her own again. In a sense I'm saying those who helped, carried her and have now set her down on her own feet because she made it through and can stand on her own for a while again.

• Like 3

For the most part, I've learned recently to not reach out to others. There are still times when humanity surprises me with kindred souls though, and I'm humbled by this.

I've been so blessed in meeting a few new kindred spirits that have become friends. I'm thankful they feel I'm worth their friendship. Just want to thank them for their friendship. They know who they are! 🤗

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 4:50 PM, Sassy Kenin said:

The LORD replied:

Wow. The pic and the text combined is just .... wow.
You, (> me <), think you're oh so smart. Never need anyone or anythings help... blah blah blah...
Then you see something like this 😢 and realise. Not so smart & self sufficient and la de dah after all.
I'm just explaining my "sad" reaction.
Not clicked to make light of the message, clicked because it hit me like a ton of bricks. 🤔
Especially because I was unaware of Roses personal situation. *hugs
I have seen enough heartbreak this year for a lifetime. Nice to see a lovely story.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 212058.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.