What are you grateful for right now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Door dash and Taco Bell cinnabon delights.

Taco-Bell-Cinnabon-Delights.jpg

I have never heard of these. Thankfully. Those look really dangerous.

Also thankfully, I don't think the little town I live in has Doordash. It didn't the last time I looked but that was a couple of months ago.

• Haha 1

For the stars. I mean, literally, there's something strangely beautiful and significant about this way things are and that we have it  as part our reality and experience, as opposed to nothing at all or something but less profound. We are presented with that view of unfathomably many stars, all deep in time reaching out with light until some of that maybe arrives here and interacts. To look up and see thousands of points of light in night's sky? It fills me with wonder and I'm grateful for the experience of that. I'm grateful that after all the examination of the enveloping starfield, the starlight still routinely offers humanity new inspiration and new truth.

18-19.png

(image from here)

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For forgiveness, particularly self-forgiveness for when we err or fail to be mindful. I'm also grateful for failure because it is by failure that we learn our best lessons most deeply or shed light on obstacles. It's like that, an error and a failure are both simply manifest forms of realization when self-recognized.

Something that we appreciate about this is it is also a reminder of another important lesson we believe, which is that because we have limited perspective, we cannot judge and must forgive others. And so if we cannot judge, then the basis for morality seems implicated and indeed is not the paradigm we choose through which to see the world. And then from here, all the things in our life that disagreed fall silent against the truth that the universe is perfect. And from here, it becomes possible for us to begin to really detach from dualistic thinking. We're grateful.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 3

Grateful for experiences like what happened twenty-five minute ago when we stepped outside, experiencing this above the house. There's a sky dragon that lives just here, in this corner of terrain and sky, they like to come out and dawn and dusk, sometimes.

1528233552_skydragon140pct.thumb.jpg.0f3bb059205b0f1393ef27d5efc5dc9a.jpg

Blink and you'll miss it. Seven minutes later:

skydragon2.thumb.jpg.cb600d5b30d20eab1a021753694a9037.jpg

Endlessly grateful for experiences like these. Like, how can you not feel loved by the universe after stuff like that?

• Like 3

I'm thankful for the fact that I'm alive. Right now, in this moment. I know there are billions of people on this earth, but in the grand scheme of things we who are living are just a ripple in a stream of human lives that have already come, struggled, and gone. I don't take life for granted anymore.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Waking up every morning and recognizing things about me in real life that need changed, it's hard but slightly humbling to know I've went my whole life being wrong about several things and trying the find the courage to be a better person even when i keep falling down. grateful for not being totally lost just somewhat misguided.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 933 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.