What are you grateful for right now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A parade of thoughts all questioning what you're doing in life, how you're doing it, the feelings of uncertainty about the steps you're taking to discover your path, the crushing emotional uncertainty and creeping sense of void.

Why would anyone be grateful for that? That feeling of being lost, that feeling that perhaps you've been chasing false hope all along and here's the reveal of the cold hard reality. For me, today, I'm grateful because of what followed as the morning sun crept above the horizon. It simply dawned on me, the simplest realization. These are just thoughts, like birds flying through the yard. I may be a thoughtform, but I am not the simple streams of thoughts playing on screen of my experience.

Reflecting on this realization leads intuitively to understand that all these doubts and feelings are just thoughts, and I am something else entirely.  We see far beyond the limit of the thought's perspective, its origins in the mind. This is something I'm so very grateful for, but also for the people who once realized the sublime nature of this frame of view, understood how to communicate it in a universal way that takes root and springs to life, and who do so with both humility and generosity of spirit.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The cold beer awaiting me in the fridge as I come home from the workshop. Nothing says 'welcome home' quite like it!

. . . Well, not when you're single and dogless, anyway.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm grateful that almost every day is a rebirth, and there are so many ways to play with that instrumentality. Variations on the same theme, new songs, new canvases, or just appreciating the same things again and again because they're worthy.

I'm grateful there's a seemingly bottomless bag of rolled oats,  some golden raisins, and a rice cooker that knows how to make it all breakfast while I brew and sip tea. 

• Like 1

Grateful for the opportunities life presents to stretch, in every possible sense of that word. Grateful for the way that things suddenly get real, real fast;  grateful for how that builds confidence where it's justifiable and puts light on opportunities to improve where maybe it isn't. Grateful that, sometimes, it forces you to grow past obstacles.

Grateful for sleep. Goodnight.

Edited by Chroma Starlight

I'm grateful for the invention of smoothies..

I mean, getting to have raspberries and strawberries and blackberries and blueberries and pineapple all mixed together and not only be the best tasting drink in the whole wide world, but also be really great for you too.. Every time I take a drink, I can't help but just look at the closest person to me and let them know just how good it is and how good for you it is..

The reason i posted this is because I just had a good sip of my smoothie and y'all were right here and the closest people to me at the time..hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 1:23 AM, Sorciaa said:

waking up in the morning. Everything after that is a bonus

What if you work at night like me? 

24 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

I'm grateful for cats.

You still can grow that out there is hope for you. 

I great full when people react honestly then reallyise what they did and trying to explain it.  And then I think I know I'm stupid but not that much. 

• Like 1

I am grateful that the fact that the clock shows 8.24 AM and it is completely dark outside doesn’t mean there is an apocalypse. It’s just a mix of me forgetting to set the clock back by two hours - one because it has already been showing wrong time and one because we changed the time back this night - and living in a place where days are getting shorter very quickly. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 951 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.