Sign in to follow this  
Blondin Linden

Adult on Massively

Its an interesting piece. Thanks for referencing it!

Despite some innacurracies (expected), the general premise felt rather balanced and the takeaways mildly positive.

I still believe the 'adult content' message would benefit from an adjustment in branding, to expand beyond just 'sex talk' into wider areas of adult behavior. For me, this article confirms a stubborn public perception 'adult' must always mean 'orgies'.

A good read, nonetheless!

I'll post on behalf of myself while also voicing the opinions of many others including my closest SL friend and one of my best RL friends, Stroker Serpentine.

I am sure that many of us in Adult see our clients as normal every day people who, like most, have healthy sex drives that also makes for healthy relationships.  Our products and our places serve as vehicles of relationship enhancements even though these relationships may be fantasy relationships.

Much like real life, people meet, fall in love and develop intimacies. What we in adult do, is enhance or enable these intimacies within our products and places or bring like minded people with similar interest together into a safe arena to explore their fantasies. She seemed to miss this point in her post which is where I am bit offended.

Earlier I saw a posting in the Relationships forums. If you have never read them, you should as some of the post are really quite cute. Someone was looking for a master and rather than get understanding advice, she was ridiculed for even wanting a master.  I felt bad for her as all she is doing is what I am talking about above...Exploring a fantasy.

That being said, I do believe that despite her dislike for the adult scene, she was fair in most of her information.

every time I read that guy I think he's one of the sweaty palmed basment dwelling gamers who came into sl and couldn't get laid and I bet he also rang up to complain about janet jackson's wardrobe malfunction all those years ago.

I didn't see too much positive in it but I suppose it may interest the less sophisticated peeps with limited life experiences that are out there.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

every time I read that guy I think he's one of the sweaty palmed basment dwelling gamers who came into sl and couldn't get laid and I bet he also rang up to complain about janet jackson's wardrobe malfunction all those years ago.

ROFLMFAO @ Couldbe