Constant teleport issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know what you guys are doing because the SL Status shows a message about teleport issues dated October 2nd??? but it's really frustrating!! 

Half of the time I cannot teleport anywhere!! I keep getting "connecting" and then it times out causing me to crash completely. And when I log back (which is not easy if you have a large inventory), I either end up on a previous location or all the clothing changes I made color wise or make up wise or anything are reversed so I have to spend time redoing that.

Please fix whatever the issue is. This is highly annoying and we shouldn't have to deal with these issues.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Noa Noland said:

I don't know what you guys are doing because the SL Status shows a message about teleport issues dated October 2nd??? but it's really frustrating!! 

Half of the time I cannot teleport anywhere!! I keep getting "connecting" and then it times out causing me to crash completely. And when I log back (which is not easy if you have a large inventory), I either end up on a previous location or all the clothing changes I made color wise or make up wise or anything are reversed so I have to spend time redoing that.

Please fix whatever the issue is. This is highly annoying and we shouldn't have to deal with these issues.

Us guys are doing the same as you.  This is a residents forum.   Reading the recent blog post might explain more

1 hour ago, Noa Noland said:

As you noted - LL is aware of the issue and posted on the Grid Status page about it.  Not every computer issue is something that can be debugged and fixed quickly.  And yes, 2 weeks is fairly quick when dealing with computer issues.

... Seriously? Joined a day after Basic Accounts were made open to all and you find this annoying enough to finally make your first post in the Forum?

How about when Linden Lab had to take the entire Grid offline to do Maintenance or when something went wrong? The time the Grid was down for a week or so? A few of the more recent issues that pretty much affected everyone, equally?

No, it is an issue that got a fix and then cropped back up again that pulls you out from the shadows! One that obviously has no easy fix!

Sit down, be patient.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh I'm sorry, I did not realize you have to be a veteran to be able to post here, thank you for informing me Solar! Some people don't feel the need to hang on these forums constantly you know, they just are social in world, know that problems do happen and only complain when the situation is bad enough that they are really frustrated. But thank you for the warm welcome!

Which also explains why I never saw that blog post because, why would you put that on the status page right? You just show a status of October 2nd: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

For those of you who tried to help me, thank you. I appreciate it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ah yes, sass/sarcasm when things are put into perspective ... On top of making some erroneous assumption concerning intent or meaning ...

You're not the first User to have come into the Forum to make a complaint about the ongoing issue, you likely will not be the last and personally after the second "Sky is Falling" type post over it, I've already gotten quite irritated.

You're not going to find a Blog post on the Grid Status page under most circumstances.

Your entire response reads like you're surprised and miffed to see this reaction - you shouldn't be. We've had Teleport Issues, Bake Service failures, Region Crossing issues and a whole host of other issues over the past few months; Some of which have been cropping up in one form or another for years now.

I understand you're frustrated, so am I and not just with the ongoing issues.

• Like 1

I understand we have had issues for years, I have been around for most of them. However most issues to me were either temporary or I could read about them and what was being done to fix them. When I made this post I did that because:

1) the amount of problems make it almost impossible to enjoy SL at all because of the combo of teleport failures, crashing as a result, having to redo all your outfit/make up changes

2) I am experiencing the same issues for days now, usually things are temporary as they are being fixed

3) I could not find an updated or recent message on the SL Status page which is where most people go to for updates, not search for blog posts.

4) I wanted to know if I was the only one who was CURRENTLY experiencing these issues after researching these forums for recent posts about this matter (which I could not find).

5) I was very frustrated with this matter more so than normal thus felt the need to post

So there, 5 (in my eyes) valid reasons why this time I did feel the need to post. I think most users, including me, have become very resilient to all the issues over the years and have  learned to deal with them or find workarounds. However I will always be amazed at the incredible level of amateurism that is sometimes displayed by LL. Most companies would not accept the level of incompetence that LL often displays and I know most companies would let heads roll for it too. However because LL is their own boss, has no competition and we are just the customers they can do what they want and we just have to accept it.

Keep raising Issues like this as Support Tickets.  Venting here does no good at all, and just invites flame wars.

The other thing you could do is to stop paying LL, and withdraw your money from the economy.  This is what I have done, I just pay my Premium once a year which gives me a place to call home, and so no $50 a month tier from me any more, not until the region crossing, TP and other issues get fixed anyway.

I have great hopes for the AWS uplift, but I am not expecting it to solve everything.  For that, of course, we need QuantumSL.  But you can't afford the hardware.

Good tip Anna, where were you years ago? ;)

Thank you Arielle, I might do that, I appreciate your reply :)

And Jackson, I don't think I know you so no clue where this political nonsense comes from and also, if this was the case they would be blocking the wrong person. But thank you for this useless comment.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!  Be aware that some of us have learned to keep lists of known a-holes not worthy of responding back to.  Let them blather, foam at the mouth, and discourage new folks from joining the discussion.  Grab a bowl of popcorn, sit back, and laugh at their posts, even when they're directed at you.  Some people get off on being mean.  F. 'em.

• Like 1

I have every sympathy with the OP, things like this creep up until there is a point one day when you realise you've had enough. Yes, I see TP problems more frequently now, (I think), and I go to some places where things take ages to respond if at all, and when I look at the stats I see script run percentage down at 21%. That too crept up on us and seemed hard to fix.

I said I think I saw more TP problems now than (when?) because that's the problem: I don't have any records that let me go back and assess how it's changed. Maybe I'm using SL more now and so I see more crashes? It's quite valid to say my experience of SL is deteriorating because of various niggles, but be aware that is subjective.

To the OP: don't let some of the more jaded responses here put you off raising your voice and complaining. It's important to speak out. Remember, some people here get their enjoyment out of criticising, and it's nothing new, it dates right back to usenet days. You have every right to express your views, and of course they have every right to have their say. But there is no other way to bring a sense of growing dissatisfaction to the Lindens other than this method: except obviously flouncing out of SL and going to the Opensim, but that's cutting off your nose to get rid of the pimple on it when a dam good squeeze is the better reaction.

• Like 3

Thank you both Rabid and Profaitchikenz for the kind words! When I made the post I did not realize some of the replies would be so jaded no indeed but luckily many folks like yourself make everything better ;) 

I don't post a lot on these forms because most of my social interaction is actually in world but I don't think that this should be any issue when I or anyone else post here.  I realize there is a whole community going on here and that I am a newb to that but I know this place has a lot of good people that are willing to help people like me and others out, hence why I posted :D

And yes, I did try Opensim and it's.... interesting to say the least. I just wish it had more people honestly. And teleporting there... is eh... also quite interesting haha ;)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.