floating words

Kelsea82

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I was going through my inventory, and I rezzed the word newbie. Nothing loaded and I have already deleted it out of my inventory. Well I go back to the area and there is the word newbie just floating there, and I have no idea how to get it to go away. Help would be much appreciated!!! Thank you!

7 answers to this question

You might also try typing CTRL + Alt + T to make transparent objects visible.  I suspect that you have rezzed a prim that contains a hover text script, so you are seeing the word "Newbie" hovering above it.  Maybe it was originally a titler that someone gave to you as a joke (not a very funny one).  In any case, it'll be easier to get rid of if you can see the prim.  Then do as Molly says and delete it.

• Like 1

I have tried right clicking it, but all i can get is the house. I didn't know about the CTRL +Alt +T so I tried that and it just lights up the house in red, and does not show the prim box of the words. The wording is not attached to me it is just floating in the room. Thank you both for answering though

will be as Rolig says. Underneath the floating text is a tiny prim which is transparent. Press CTRL+ALT+T to make all the transparent things red.  Then zoom in your camera view and look under the text for a tiny red box or sphere. Move the camera to look from different angles til you can see it. Then will be able to select it and delete

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kelsea82 said:

it just lights up the house in red, and does not show the prim box of the words.

The prim you are looking for is much smaller than the house, so when the transparent parts of both are highlighted, it's a little hard to see the small prim.  So get closer to it.  You know where it has to be, because you can see the hover text.  Just move your camera closer to the words and you will see the highlighted prim under them more easily.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.