I'm looking for this script!

Axel Naxos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It sounds like a chat bot, the 21st century equivalent of Eliza, which was a silly conversational program in computers back in the 1960s (and possible before, but that's when we used to play with them).  Go talk to the parrot on Social Island.

To make one, train it to listen for a list of possible trigger words and then respond semi-randomly from a list of odd comebacks.  If you want it to seem to be its owner, just give it the owner's name.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Parece um bot de bate-papo, o equivalente do século 21 de Eliza, que era um programa de conversação bobo em computadores na década de 1960 (e possível antes, mas era quando costumávamos brincar com eles). Vá falar com o papagaio na Ilha Social.

Para fazer um, treine-o para ouvir uma lista de possíveis palavras-gatilho e, em seguida, responda de forma semi-aleatória a partir de uma lista de respostas estranhas. Se você quiser que pareça ser o seu proprietário, basta fornecer o nome do proprietário.  

I'm not a scripter, thanks.
But you won the positive number 26,001. Unforgettable! 🙂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Axel Naxos said:

The script apparently by approximation, emits a dialogue as if it were its owner. It is impossible to know where he is to see the creator, or the name of the scripts ...
Someone help? Thank you.

Snap 2020-10-17 at 12.32.20_LI.jpg

Snap 2020-10-17 at 10.06.42_LI.jpg

Snap 2020-10-17 at 10.06.12_LI.jpg

1. Get a list of all avatars in the sim with llGetAgentList.
  2. Send a message to each of them with llRegionSayTo and llDialog without buttons.
Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 2

I thought every dialogue started with the name of the object and the object's owner?

I also have to say (and this follows a griefing years ago where several hundred blue boxes were stacking up in my viewer) that getting too many unexpected messages/dialogs of that type is going to make people look for the mute button

• Thanks 1

Just to make it clear ...
I saw this in a hunting game land, and it is for this very purpose that I was interested.
In the context of the hunting game he is curious, funny, and gives hints ... at no time does he cause discomfort to players.
I go straight to the land owner to ask for the script, I just avoided receiving a "no, I don’t pass the script" or something like that, and I thought it was easy and someone and put it here, but apparently, the action of the scritp is not well accepted in general.
Thank you all.

2 minutes ago, Axel Naxos said:

I thought it was easy and someone and put it here, but apparently, the action of the scritp is not well accepted in general.

Ah, no.  I think you misunderstood.  It is not particularly difficult to write the sort of script that I described.  It's sort of a beginner's level script, although it would need to be customized to use meaningful trigger words and responses for your own use.  We almost never provide complete scripts here, because this forum is a place for scripters to trade ideas.  If you want to hire someone to write a script for you, you should ask in the InWorld Employment forum.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ah, no.  I think you misunderstood.  It is not particularly difficult to write the sort of script that I described.  It's sort of a beginner's level script, although it would need to be customized to use meaningful trigger words and responses for your own use.  We almost never provide complete scripts here, because this forum is a place for scripters to trade ideas.  If you want to hire someone to write a script for you, you should ask in the InWorld Employment forum.

26,002 😉

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ah, no.  I think you misunderstood.

I think we've all misunderstood because of the language-barrier. After re-reading the original post a couple times, I think the key part of the question is: "...emits a dialogue as if it were its owner"

As in, the object has simply renamed itself.

This can be done with llSetObjectName, and the name of the owner can be fetched with either llKey2Name or llRequestAgentData.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I think the key part of the question is: "...emits a dialogue as if it were its owner"

As in, the object has simply renamed itself.

As in ...

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you want it to seem to be its owner, just give it the owner's name.  

:) 

• Like 2

i will put the answer to the OP question here because the game hunter is using a llDialog technique which echoes dialog button texts to channel 0 as coming from the toucher.  A technique which used to be quite widely known and may be has fallen out of common knowledge

is a technique very useful in games where the players have to provide open channel text commands to gameplay devices and/or other players HUDs that are also listening on channel 0

{   
    touch_start(integer num)
    {
        list texts = [
            "Hello!", "Tadada!", "Boom boom!!"
        ];
        llDialog(llDetectedKey(0), " ", texts, 0);    
    }
}

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i will put the answer to the OP question here because the game hunter is using a llDialog technique which echoes dialog button texts to channel 0 as coming from the toucher.  A technique which used to be quite widely known and may be has fallen out of common knowledge

is a technique very useful in games where the players have to provide open channel text commands to gameplay devices and/or other players HUDs that are also listening on channel 0

{   
    touch_start(integer num)
    {
        list texts = [
            "Hello!", "Tadada!", "Boom boom!!"
        ];
        llDialog(llDetectedKey(0), " ", texts, 0);    
    }
}

Thanks, but the script does so ...

7 minutes ago, Sabrina Tamerlane said:

Acho que usa uma colisão, você pode verificar pressionando Ctrl + Alt + T no visualizador e você deve ver a área de colisão em vermelho ...

It's ocean floor, 90% plant textures ... everything appears red ... tomorrow i will go back there ... lol

Edited by Axel Naxos
added words

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

assisto ao vídeo e, além da caixa de diálogo de informações, mostrando a parte inferior direita da tela, não consigo ver mais nada que mostre algo do criador / proprietário

it appears to be a message sent by approach or collision ...
I need to go to bed ...
tomorrow I'll be back there ...
thank you all...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i will put the answer to the OP question here because the game hunter is using a llDialog technique which echoes dialog button texts to channel 0 as coming from the toucher. 

I don't think that's quite right. A dialog recipient will say "OK" by pressing an "OK" dialog button, on whatever channel the dialog is using, but that doesn't get the dialog itself to be identified as coming from anybody in particular. That said, I haven't figured out what's going on here. I can't get an llDialog() that doesn't identify itself as "Qie Niangao's '<objectname>'", nor one without an "Ignore" button. Unless these are some funky Firestorm options with which I'm unfamiliar, I'm thinking these aren't llDialog()s, but I'm not sure what else they could be.

12 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

nor one without an "Ignore" button.

This was the problem with the griefer toy, it threw up several hundred dialogs one on top of the other, and each had to be clicked through, there was no way to clear the heap of pending blue boxes without a relog.

The toy might have been a bit poorly written, on one return from a relog I caught a person saying in local chat "999 " followed by my name. As he was close enough, I said "/999 " followed by his name. He shortly logged.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I don't think that's quite right. A dialog recipient will say "OK" by pressing an "OK" dialog button, on whatever channel the dialog is using, but that doesn't get the dialog itself to be identified as coming from anybody in particular

yes thats true

i had a look, the slurl is: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Haven of Mermaids/154/161/3'

matisse is present on the region. I think matisse sent the message dialog to Axel

edit add: matisse is an avatar account up in the sky

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1

I wish I understood better what goes in the "System" tab of Firestorm's "Notification" chicklet. The screenshots show the messages in local chat, as well as in the dialog window. Fumbling around that region I didn't find whatever emits them before I got bored with the search; I was hoping to see how they look in a viewer with which I'm more familiar.

I believe that this dialogue was not invoked by a script directly, because it clearly looks like a notice sent through the region management floater, ALT + R -> Region tab -> "Send Message to Region: Send a notification to everyone on the region. Use sparingly, to give important information". This could be sent manually, this could be sent via a bot - but would need more than just a lone LSL script.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Pantera - you're a party pooper.

Hola all.  My name is Matisse.  I am the highly advanced LSL script being discussed.  I am an EM @ "Haven of Rogues." You're welcome to come visit and Purdy or I may send you a 'Region Message', as well.  :)   I'm glad we could entertain you for a while.  It's more fun at HoMer though.

https://secondlife.com/destination/haven-of-mermaids

Peace.

- M.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Matisse Vendetta said:

Pantera - você é um estraga-prazeres.

Olá a todos. Meu nome é Matisse. Eu sou o script LSL altamente avançado que está sendo discutido. Eu sou um EM @ "Refúgio dos Rogues". Você é bem-vindo para visitar e Purdy ou eu podemos enviar a você uma 'mensagem regional', também.  :)   Estou feliz por podermos entretê-lo por um tempo. É mais divertido no HoMer.

https://secondlife.com/destination/haven-of-mermaids

Paz.

- M.

Gratitude for responding to IMs and notecards.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.