Do I still own my land?

2018SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought land, created a group for it, then deeded my land to it, and mistakenly left it. About Land still shows Group Owned, but in the group profile it says Founded by: (nobody). No one is in the group to invite me back. Do I still own this land, and if not, can I redeem it?

Thanks for considering these questions.

2 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

You will not be able to recover the land without help from support.  You should put in a support ticket and put all pertinent information in it and they may be able to help you.  This is a resident forum and we cannot help you here.

Thanks for the advice.

4 hours ago, 2018SL said:

I bought land, created a group for it, then deeded my land to it, and mistakenly left it. About Land still shows Group Owned, but in the group profile it says Founded by: (nobody). No one is in the group to invite me back. Do I still own this land, and if not, can I redeem it?

Thanks for considering these questions.

Also, all groups need 2 people or the group will be automatically disbanded.  So create an alt account to always be a member of your groups.

Not to mention that said alt could have helped in this situation.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, all groups need 2 people or the group will be automatically disbanded.  So create an alt account to always be a member of your groups.

Not to mention that said alt could have helped in this situation.

excellent idea

thanks

Don't delay on this because the Lindens seize land that is not covered by tier within 72 hours.

I have made this stupid mistake myself, and not only as a newbie. And that is why you must always have alts in the group, at least one, even two. To enable yourself to get back in the group. PS another problem is if you founded a group, then later let that avatar go fallow because you decided you didn't like his name. Once he becomes defunct, you may not be able to get him back as "owner" to assign powers to other members of the group. So make yourself AND your alt "owner" or the original owner, if he is lost for some reason, cannot help you then get powers you need for other alts you had join but didn't make "owner" or at least "officer" with sufficient powers to manipulate and sell land.

And they must be alts of yours you trust completely, who aren't going to take their stipends and go wild buying gatchas and mesh bodies. You need them to pay their tier.

• Thanks 2

Issue answered and solved by Support:

Hello 2018SL,

Thank you for letting us know.  Groups will auto close after 48 hours without more than one member. Here is some information about groups. We are not able to reinstate defunct groups, but I have set the parcel for sale back to you for L$0. You may create a new group with the same name if you add some characters to the name - just be sure to have at least two members. Once you have that done you may select the Buy For Group option

Cheers,
Land Operations
Linden Lab

Thanks to all my fellow SL residents who participated in helping!

Tk4X_4Va_1Mz9jTiFTpFIjhQ8SWH8SQCyOcQxvGZ

Edited by 2018SL
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, 2018SL said:

Life is hard...... and then you die. ♥ Or, Life is hard...... and then you're promoted ♥

Oh dear, so it's not just that you lose your land, you lose your group. I realize they don't get groups back for you. If you don't keep them afloat with at least two members, they die. But as they say, it's easy enough to slightly alter the name and create a new one. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:25 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

Don't delay on this because the Lindens seize land that is not covered by tier within 72 hours.

I have made this stupid mistake myself, and not only as a newbie. And that is why you must always have alts in the group, at least one, even two. To enable yourself to get back in the group. PS another problem is if you founded a group, then later let that avatar go fallow because you decided you didn't like his name. Once he becomes defunct, you may not be able to get him back as "owner" to assign powers to other members of the group. So make yourself AND your alt "owner" or the original owner, if he is lost for some reason, cannot help you then get powers you need for other alts you had join but didn't make "owner" or at least "officer" with sufficient powers to manipulate and sell land.

And they must be alts of yours you trust completely, who aren't going to take their stipends and go wild buying gatchas and mesh bodies. You need them to pay their tier.

Once again, your knowledge on land stuff needs a sticky.

On 10/20/2020 at 1:54 AM, 2018SL said:

Issue answered and solved by Support:

Hello 2018SL,

Thank you for letting us know.  Groups will auto close after 48 hours without more than one member. Here is some information about groups. We are not able to reinstate defunct groups, but I have set the parcel for sale back to you for L$0. You may create a new group with the same name if you add some characters to the name - just be sure to have at least two members. Once you have that done you may select the Buy For Group option

Cheers,
Land Operations
Linden Lab

Thanks to all my fellow SL residents who participated in helping!

Tk4X_4Va_1Mz9jTiFTpFIjhQ8SWH8SQCyOcQxvGZ

I was reading this and I am actually surprised they said that. I would think if you were the creator and founder of the group then they should have no problems giving it back to you. I say this because I was co-owner of a group with an ex of mine that we shared for the longest which she technically created/founded the group and when we broke up she showed her behind massively. She got bitter and petty and contacted LL support. They certainly sure didn't have a problem getting involved my personal business and removing my ownership and kicking me from my own bloody group without even so much as contacting me first about it. lol That's kind of ass backwards if ya ask me. lol They should have just given you that group back mate. o.O

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.