Jump to content

Linden Memorial Park Functionality/Usage


Recommended Posts

The Linden Memorial Park scripts don't appear to be working properly. I can click on most of the memorials and they appear to give me the attached notecards/files, but some functions in the park, like the Flower Gardens in the Varna region, don't appear to be working anymore.

Clicking on the flowers gives me this text: Orchid 19 whispers: Offsets Saved.

Clicking on the plaques to dedicate a flower gives me this text: Flower Dispenser 76: Please type the name of the person to commemorate.  The person must be a SL avatar name.  Please take care to spell and capitalize correctly.
Error Alpha: (name)
Orchid 77 whispers: Planting flower...

But the flower never actually appears, even in an empty garden. Some of the plaques don't appear to be functional at all. You can't interact with them, some of them can't even be clicked on. I've noted that this is persistent across multiple avatars (I've had friends test it) and multiple logins. 

In addition, some of the regions attached to this area are completely empty. There's currently no way to set up any new memorials, and the regions Winterspire, Monument, Highgate, and Derran Moor sit empty.

I understand that these regions aren't being actively attended to anymore, but I believe the area should receive some maintenance to fix non-functioning scripts at the very least. If possible, the ability to dedicate memorials in empty regions would be appreciated, but I can understand why that might be a problem without active supervision.

I was going to submit a ticket about this, but the Support Ticket system only uses pre-defined tags that don't fit the subject.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had those flower dispensers work in the past.

After you've completed a few years of Premium, you should get a burial plot. It would be a nice gesture.

 

Edited by animats
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Prokofy Neva 

The support ticket system has the following under Land and Region:

Community Gateway Application
Group Land
Region Offline
Region Purchase
Rollback Request
Skill Gaming Region Order

It doesn't have an "Other" or anything else I can use. Technical Questions only has Inventory Issues, and nothing else applies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Error Alpha said:

The support ticket system has the following under Land and Region:

Community Gateway Application
Group Land
Region Offline
Region Purchase
Rollback Request
Skill Gaming Region Order

It doesn't have an "Other" or anything else I can use. Technical Questions only has Inventory Issues, and nothing else applies.

Basically, you can always file a Linden owned land related ticket in Land and Region > Region Offline, just explain that the issue is not that, but something else, and it needs a specialist to look into it, then they'll sort it out. Sometimes a few things aren't working properly in the LMP, just like anywhere else in SL, so it's great if a few of us care to poke Support with occasional issues we find. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Adamburp AdamczykLike I said in my original post, Varna is the primary region with issues. The gardens haven't worked at any point I've tried them over the past year or so; they've probably been having issues since before then.

@AlettaMondragonI will make a ticket and post the result here, if I get any. My previous experiences with LL support have been either no response, or ticket deleted with no response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Error Alpha said:

@Adamburp AdamczykLike I said in my original post, Varna is the primary region with issues. The gardens haven't worked at any point I've tried them over the past year or so; they've probably been having issues since before then.

@AlettaMondragonI will make a ticket and post the result here, if I get any. My previous experiences with LL support have been either no response, or ticket deleted with no response.

worked for me.

 

@Patch Lindenhow to flag?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, Error Alpha said:

@Prokofy Neva 

The support ticket system has the following under Land and Region:

Community Gateway Application
Group Land
Region Offline
Region Purchase
Rollback Request
Skill Gaming Region Order

It doesn't have an "Other" or anything else I can use. Technical Questions only has Inventory Issues, and nothing else applies.

When you have a question that doesn't fit, just pick anything - "group land" is the closest although it's not the right one.

It's not as if they aren't going to answer you if you put the wrong thing.

I don't understand why you don't see "abandoned" however, which is one of the choices.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

I'll have someone on the team swing by and take a look at what it going on.

@Patch Linden What do you think about the prospect of a region that allows plots for visitors to trigger a temporary rezzing of animesh effigies of user avatars of the dearly departed with the option of their famous quotes in chat/dialog or basic AI or gestures/animations through interaction, depending on what the next of kin or executor of their estate allows/wishes?

This is something I had in mind before Animesh was even announced and I plan on leaving behind one of myself somewhere in SL before I am "no longer able to log on SL again."

Me and "Myself": https://gyazo.com/1a8917fdcc48c640268830fe85fac43b

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
Link to post
Share on other sites

Linden Memorial Park has been around since the early days of Second Life. Residents have enjoyed being able to visit and to leave a small marker in memory of people who are no longer with us. The system for placing markers is fairly simple, but it takes direct personal supervision from LDPW to keep adding new markers in the system's inventory and to keep expanding the places to put them. The system is working as designed, but its inventory of individual flower markers with pre-calculated target positions is empty.
 
Like many of the legacy systems that we maintain in LDPW, this one needs upgrading. If we were designing it today, we would automate its time-consuming steps and make it more self-sustaining. Moles balance their time between redesigning venues like Memorial Park and Linden Realms, on the one hand, and creating new venues like Bellisseria and the new Halloween Neighborhood on the other. We're working as hard as we can, and there's a lot to do.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 7:46 PM, Error Alpha said:

The Linden Memorial Park scripts don't appear to be working properly. I can click on most of the memorials and they appear to give me the attached notecards/files, but some functions in the park, like the Flower Gardens in the Varna region, don't appear to be working anymore.

(edit for brevity)

I was going to submit a ticket about this, but the Support Ticket system only uses pre-defined tags that don't fit the subject.

I was one of the builders on that flower garden back when it was in a different region for a remembrance event in 2008 or so. I did the build, another person did the scripting. When the memorial park was built, the garden was moved to its new location, and I could not longer do any resetting of the build. I am sorry about that.

As others mentioned, the support case issue would be Land > Other Land. I hope they are able to fix that for you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...