Glitch

Coty Ronas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello Coty. I will suggest the same as Peewee, to clear your cache but manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

If you have installed more viewers do the same for ALL of them following the same paths in your hard disk:

For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

After that log in a protected land without lag, open your inventory, type something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. That means you get back (download again) your inventory. When downloading finishes, try to change outfit, cloosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

I had this same problem last night myself.  It's easy to cure. Open your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D) -- or if you are in  V2 viewer, open the Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q) and select Character >> Character Test >> Test Male.  Within seconds, you'll be a newbie again with all parts visible.  Drop you favorite shape, skin, and attachments (HUDs too) onto the rstyled avatar and you're back in business.  This is a very easy process, especially if you have planned ahead and saved an emergency outfit that has all those things in it.

ETA: If you have tried this and it's NOT working, take time to check all connections on your computer. Reboot your modem and router.  Get off wireless - use only a cable conection for SL. 

Odd. I would have thought carrying out the character test would work.

I've known this issue of having some parts of your avatar being transparent be fixed quickly by just wearing a bald base. Did you try this?

Also, are your transparent bits totally transparent, or just semi- like in this JIRA? https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-13337

Have you tried using a different viewer, or at least completely removing and re-installing the one you have been using? If you have truly tried all of the suggestions that have been offered in this thread and none have worked, there aren't many possibilities left. Discouraging as it sounds, problems with poorly-rezzed avatars and almost always due to something on your own computer. I suggest changing viewers only because it's one of the few remaining things that I can think of that don't point back to your own system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.